The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeolPhysics
Cool, wait until you get to grade 8 piano and then you'll be laughing. I got my grade 8 exam next month. I started guitar in May this year, quite chuffed that I managed to play two of the songs I wrote with lyrics only at first. My guitar teacher helped me write in the guitar parts of the songs and now I can sing and play at the same time.

I’m not doing grades. I’m self teaching for the fun of it
Original post by Billycatnorbert

are you using books or learning off youtube? :cute:
Reply 82
I learnt latin, learnt to cook my favourite indian desserts (the memory of home was looming too large to not learn that), and learnt to slow life down
also i think i might've had a tiny glow up since lockdown started (:
I procrastinated what I was planning to procrastinate from.
I successfully made Baklava and Chocolate éclairs from scratch
Original post by kadiatuj0001

AHH I wanna learn how to make them. I love Baklava and chocolate eclairs.
I improved my driving massively, realised that the uni course I was doing wasn’t for me so I applied for a different course and got accepted. Learnt different things through YouTube like doing makeup. Took better care of myself as I had more time. Went for daily walks which I didn’t really do pre lockdown.
got my first ever job in march and have managed to hold it down since then :smile:
Original post by _Mia101
it's interesting... but i honestly have no clue what to do with the knowledge. I mean i don't know if i can see myself working in tech... idk :dontknow:
ooh a gap year. what do you plan on doing?

Take my grade 8 piano exam and do one more uni exam for third year as an external student. My studies got interrupted in 2019 because of my mental health. I had to do two exams this year to catch up. And have got one course left that I'm leaving til May next year because it's really difficult.
Original post by Billycatnorbert

That's good. I was actually really against doing grades for 11 years because I didn't like the pieces on the syllabus. But when I abandoned piano for half a year, my mum told me to do grade 8 before quitting since I'm at that level already. But after that I'm looking into getting into guitar and singing more.
Original post by Oshmit
I learnt latin, learnt to cook my favourite indian desserts (the memory of home was looming too large to not learn that), and learnt to slow life down

So now that you've experience both the fast and the slow life, which do you prefer?
Also which Indian desserts did you learn?

Original post by kadiatuj0001

Congrats! Which recipes did you follow?
Reply 92
I definitely prefer the fast life... at the very least you don't get any time to reflect on how bleak your life is compared to some others. But we all survive

I learnt payesh (kheer) and roshogolla (which might be spelt rasgulla by north Indian psychopaths but that is a wrong spelling)
Take my grade 8 piano exam and do one more uni exam for third year as an external student. My studies got interrupted in 2019 because of my mental health. I had to do two exams this year to catch up. And have got one course left that I'm leaving til May next year because it's really difficult.

ah grade 8 piano... which songs are you playing? Oh that sucks, hope you're doing better now.
Original post by laurawatt
are you using books or learning off youtube? :cute:

Neither. I have a keyboard and a good understanding of music. That’s all I need (like I can already play some of my favourite songs, chord left hand and melody on right) self learning
Original post by Oshmit
I definitely prefer the fast life... at the very least you don't get any time to reflect on how bleak your life is compared to some others. But we all survive

I learnt payesh (kheer) and roshogolla (which might be spelt rasgulla by north Indian psychopaths but that is a wrong spelling)

I have always preferred the slow chilled life.
What recipe did you use?
Original post by _Mia101
ah grade 8 piano... which songs are you playing? Oh that sucks, hope you're doing better now.

Soler Sonata in D minor, R25
Beethoven Sonata in G major, Op.79 1st movement
Kapustin Sonatina Op.100
That's good. I was actually really against doing grades for 11 years because I didn't like the pieces on the syllabus. But when I abandoned piano for half a year, my mum told me to do grade 8 before quitting since I'm at that level already. But after that I'm looking into getting into guitar and singing more.

I can’t sing (I can but it’s not that good) but it’s to fun not to
Watched all of Money Heist! 😃
In addition to my previous post:
I lost weight
I started drinking lol

Latest