The Student Room Group

How do you look back on your time at school?

Scroll to see replies

Some fond memories when I wasn’t being bullied, but when I was bullied (which was 90% of the time) it was the worst time of my life. But I also look back on it as a time when I showed great resilience, as I managed to get great GCSE results in spite of everything.

I did my A Levels at FE college and it was one of the best decisions I made. It was the start of the journey towards where I am today, and I reached heights that I would never have reached had I stayed on at school.
Reply 21
I miss the good times I had with some friends but overall, I was miserable during that time and I wouldn't go back for anything.
I went to an all girls school right up to uni, and had a really great time.
For me though uni was the defining factor of my life, gave me a purpose, and pathway to follow, which I have done to this day.
Time of my life
Reply 24
Original post by Precious Illusions
Hated primary school, secondary school, college and uni. I wasn't bullied thankfully but I just didn't enjoy any of it. Bored me. Don't miss it at all.

So you would say life after uni is better for you? How so?
i had an amazing primary school experience - a small all girls school which was friendly, nurturing and innocent.

secondary school was ok from years 7-11: i loved my school but wasn't a huge fan of the people in it. year 12 was the worst year of my life so far in terms of mental health, year 13 the best year of my life. absolutely loved it and miss it! (rip supposed to be in it now)
Wish I wasn't bullied as often, but I have had some very good times. I would definitely like to go back and give my acedemic side another shot but not the school life. I hope uni is way better than this... less than a year to go now!!!
I'm still in school so I can't really look back on it. I have to say I preferred year 12 compared to Yr7 - Yr11.
i actually enjoyed it
Still in school but I like it.
Primary school-fun, exciting
secondary school- had to do some work but alright
I enjoyed primary school as I had great friends there, but I didn’t really appreciate the academic side until secondary school. I loved learning everyday. I found an amazing group of friends at sixthform and I feel so lucky to have them. There were tough times, but overall I enjoyed school. I can’t wait to go to university though and finally just focus on physics rather than loads of different subjects.
Original post by etienne26
Didn't reach my potential :frown:

Put my time at school in a nutshell. And I think that was never the school's intention.
Primary was amazing.
Secondary was quite good except the momemts where I was bullied.

I was genuinely bored in primary and secondary because I had more knowledge than I was being given and wasn't engaged. Think the plan was to dumb down students like me ... a lot of precious time wasted. A habit that was forced on me.
Challenging, but unlike any other, I was paid to attend classes and would receive £5 at the end of each week.
I moved school many times. Some schools I enjoyed a lot, others were horrible places where I was bullied by both pupils and teachers. On the whole, I would say I was pretty unhappy for most of my school career. I don't really think much about it these days though.
Original post by black tea
I moved school many times. Some schools I enjoyed a lot, others were horrible places where I was bullied by both pupils and teachers. On the whole, I would say I was pretty unhappy for most of my school career. I don't really think much about it these days though.

Don't you mean school life? As attending school is not a career, unless you happen to be one of the teachers.
It was alright but everyone just uses each other really
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by TSR Professor
Don't you mean school life? As attending school is not a career, unless you happen to be one of the teachers.

I mean what I wrote :tongue:
Original post by black tea
I mean what I wrote :tongue:

Fair enough, only shooting the breeze and trying to help.
Reply 39
Basically this

Quick Reply

Latest