The Student Room Group

I'm German. AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Thornbury
Hey @gabostrk,

Have you ever visited the Museum Island? Amazing buildings. Unfortunately some are closed for visits because of Coronavirus. Still worth a visit around it.

Hi, I've not been there yet. I've been to Berlin but I didn't know about this sight actually :frown:
Reply 61
Original post by rxyaltyx
what's you favourite german dish/food?

I hate the German cuisine but I like Currywurst. Schnitzel aswell, although I think that's more Swiss than German.
Original post by gabostrk
Yes, but I plan on moving to England for studies.

Nachem Brexit... Wow you must have too much money or no sense. 😂
Reply 63
Original post by Other_Owl
Why not stay in Germany where its free? England is a rip-off.

Leaving comfort zone, better education + more suitable courses, new experiences and reputation of the universities. Still, I agree with you that it's going to be very expensive but I will try to get offers first and then begin to worry about money.
Reply 64
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Nachem Brexit... Wow you must have too much money or no sense. 😂

Yes, you're right :frown:
It's going to be very expensive but I will try to get offers first and then begin to worry about money.
Yes, you're right :frown:
It's going to be very expensive but I will try to get offers first and then begin to worry about money.

You'll get the offers......especially post pandemic as an international student. I would begin worrying about the money my friend. BTW I'm German too just graduated from Nottingham... But I'm sure you have somewhere very fancy/even more prestigious in mind... Like LSE, Imperial, UCL... Otherwise i wouldn't bother. If you want English education just look into Netherlands.....

That's where I'm going to do my master from September.
Reply 66
You'll get the offers......especially post pandemic as an international student. I would begin worrying about the money my friend. BTW I'm German too just graduated from Nottingham... But I'm sure you have somewhere very fancy in mind... Like LSE, Imperial, UCL... Otherwise i wouldn't bother. If you want English education just look into Netherlands.....

That's where I'm going to do my master from September.

LSE and UCL 2 of my choices. Otherwise I wouldn't bother aswell :smile:

Congratulations! Do you already have plans on what you want to do next? Moving back to Germany or anything?
LSE and UCL 2 of my choices. Otherwise I wouldn't bother aswell :smile:

Congratulations! Do you already have plans on what you want to do next? Moving back to Germany or anything?

Well I'm going to do my master first, and then attempt to find a job.....either UK, Netherlands, Switzerland (reach) 😅, Germany (yawn), or maybe Ireland.

Probably go into change consulting, as I'm going to do my master's in organisational change management (don't worry if you don't know what that is, it's just a business type course). Einfach fancy BWL fach 😂.

But you should easily get in, you'll have a massive advantage as they'll want to build similar class groups are prior to Brexit for "diversity purposes" if at all possible. So really start thinking about the money... That's my tip.

Ewww, and you'll need a visa. So glad i got my UK education before all this crap, couldn't imagine paying for it/going through it now 😂. Treated like a foreigner one hours flight time from home... How rude.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 68
Well I'm going to do my master first, and then attempt to find a job.....either UK, Netherlands, Switzerland (reach) 😅, Germany (yawn), or maybe Ireland.

Probably go into change consulting, as I'm going to do my master's in organisational change management (don't worry if you don't know what that is, it's just a business type course). Einfach fancy BWL fach 😂.

But you should easily get in, you'll have a massive advantage as they'll want to build similar class groups are prior to Brexit for "diversity purposes" if at all possible. So really start thinking about the money... That's my tip.

Ewww, and you'll need a visa. So glad i got my UK education before all this crap, couldn't imagine paying for it/going through it now 😂. Treated like a foreigner one hours flight time from home... How rude.

Thanks for your advice, I'll do my best :smile:
Do you miss the Berlin Wall? Do you own a chuck of it?
Original post by Hannah0505
Ever met a N*zi?

I think you'll find them in places like America and even Poland and Hungary. They're called Neo-Na*i's now! The ideology seemed to have managed to spread out. Chile at one point! Boring question if you ask me. Would never find them in Germany for the past decades. The last place to find them.
Bayern Munich or Borussia Dortmund?
Reply 72
Original post by rcmotorboy
Do you miss the Berlin Wall? Do you own a chuck of it?

I only visited it once but I don't miss it to be honest.

I do own a chuck
Reply 73
Original post by RichPiana
Bayern Munich or Borussia Dortmund?

None of them, I'm not a fan of soccer
Hi there garbostrk! Nice to meet you!

As an avid linguist, I loved learning German. I was so excited I used to dit on the edge of my seat during lessons. When I went to stay at my own friends house ( near Stuttgart) I couldn’t believe how much better the quality of life was over there.

In fact I love Germany and Germans so much I married a half German ( divorced now, though)

I don’t know how to use accents on my phone, so just to humour me, could you please type out my favourite German word, speed limit ( geschwindigkeitsbeschrankung)
Reply 75
Original post by Oxford Mum
Hi there garbostrk! Nice to meet you!

As an avid linguist, I loved learning German. I was so excited I used to dit on the edge of my seat during lessons. When I went to stay at my own friends house ( near Stuttgart) I couldn’t believe how much better the quality of life was over there.

In fact I love Germany and Germans so much I married a half German ( divorced now, though)

I don’t know how to use accents on my phone, so just to humour me, could you please type out my favourite German word, speed limit ( geschwindigkeitsbeschrankung)

Hi Oxford Mum!

Thank you really much for your kind words. It makes me happy to hear that you like Germany :smile:

Here you are: Geschwindigkeitsbeschränkung. "Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung" might be more precise, however both ways are absolutely right.
Danke

Quick Reply

Latest