The Student Room Group

Lost my unconditional offer due to UCAS error help

I had until the 27th of July 23:59 to reply to my offer. So on the 27th of July, after deliberation with my parents, I was logging in to track to make my choice but found I was unable to to reply to my offers, my account was frozen. I emailed my uni to explain straight way. Iater I found out it was because Scottish results were being processed however my deadline date was not changed or cut . I didn't receive an email or phone call and then suddenly on the 27th my account was frozen and I lost out on all my offers including my unconditional one. on my ucas track it has notice tab that says we will email you if this ucas update impacts ur offer, but I wasn't contacted and was made to believe I could still make a decision till the 27th of July 23:59.

I called ucas twice to explain and they just said i have to go into clearing. Even though what happened to me was not my fault. I called them the very next day to try ammend this issue but they wouldn't. They gave me a clearing number which I gave to the uni that offered me an unconditional offer but they said wouldn't be able extend my offer via clearing and my clearing number was wrong.

I have evidence and I was clearly misled and as a result my future is heavily impacted, I'm not in position where I can stay home for much longer either. I emailed ucas and the senior management told me to ring up ucas and that they would ammend the issue and reply on my behalf and that I would be able to see the changes on the 4th of August. But I called them beforehand twice and they seemed unsympathetic to the situation or maybe they didn't understand, just kept sayin clearing eventhough I should be allowed to reply as I still had a day to reply, my account being frozen was completely out my control and they didn't inform me specifically as they said they would. Thanks for reading this far.
if anyone has any help or advice it would be appreciated.
Original post by amber2106
I had until the 27th of July 23:59 to reply to my offer. So on the 27th of July, after deliberation with my parents, I was logging in to track to make my choice but found I was unable to to reply to my offers, my account was frozen. I emailed my uni to explain straight way. Iater I found out it was because Scottish results were being processed however my deadline date was not changed or cut . I didn't receive an email or phone call and then suddenly on the 27th my account was frozen and I lost out on all my offers including my unconditional one. on my ucas track it has notice tab that says we will email you if this ucas update impacts ur offer, but I wasn't contacted and was made to believe I could still make a decision till the 27th of July 23:59.

I called ucas twice to explain and they just said i have to go into clearing. Even though what happened to me was not my fault. I called them the very next day to try ammend this issue but they wouldn't. They gave me a clearing number which I gave to the uni that offered me an unconditional offer but they said wouldn't be able extend my offer via clearing and my clearing number was wrong.

I have evidence and I was clearly misled and as a result my future is heavily impacted, I'm not in position where I can stay home for much longer either. I emailed ucas and the senior management told me to ring up ucas and that they would ammend the issue and reply on my behalf and that I would be able to see the changes on the 4th of August. But I called them beforehand twice and they seemed unsympathetic to the situation or maybe they didn't understand, just kept sayin clearing eventhough I should be allowed to reply as I still had a day to reply, my account being frozen was completely out my control and they didn't inform me specifically as they said they would. Thanks for reading this far.
if anyone has any help or advice it would be appreciated.

I'm really sorry this has happened! I've seen you post before about this, I don't have any experience with UCAS yet but do you know the clearing grades of the university you had an unconditional offer from, because if you think you can get those grades you could always apply to their clearing early if UCAS can't sort this for you. This might give you a higher chance of getting your deserved place. Best of luck, I hope everything pans out :smile:
And what did your uni say about this, the one you received an offer, also I had an unconditional for Leicester, I declined once and I went through clearing and they immediately sorted it out for me, if you had an unconditional yet something happened by mistake I'm sure if you went through clearing on the day no doubt they'd give you an offer, but, just email the uni you want to apply to, just to make sure if they can make amendments for you.
That’s wholly unfair, there must be a way to appeal this decision, they told you that you had until the 27th of July, they made a contract with you so they have to stand by that. The clash with the Scottish Highers is not your problem, it’s theirs. They should have accounted for this issue before. I’d say don’t let this go, I don’t know what you can do and hopefully someone else has more information.

Edit: I forgot to say I’m very sorry, I can’t imagine what it’s like going through this, really hope it works out.
(edited 3 years ago)
Contact/call your uni ASAP tomorrow morning. I'm so sorry, this must be upsetting but I'm sure the uni should be able to understand
Reply 5
Original post by fr3g
I'm really sorry this has happened! I've seen you post before about this, I don't have any experience with UCAS yet but do you know the clearing grades of the university you had an unconditional offer from, because if you think you can get those grades you could always apply to their clearing early if UCAS can't sort this for you. This might give you a higher chance of getting your deserved place. Best of luck, I hope everything pans out :smile:

Thanks, I'm a resit applicant so my original grades were not very high and was hoping to. Make up for it this year but then corona happend and I consider myself very lucky to have even received and unconditional offer. I think the clearing requirements are higher than my actual grades.. Clearing isn't active till the 4th and my uni said they wouldn't be able
to give me an unconditional via clearing offer any more. I will receive my results in December because of this whole corona, I don't think unis r willing to wait that long. I have no idea what I meant to do now.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by bimbibap
That’s wholly unfair, there must be a way to appeal this decision, they told you that you had until the 27th of July, they made a contract with you so they have to stand by that. The clash with the Scottish Highers is not your problem, it’s theirs. They should have accounted for this issue before. I’d say don’t let this go, I don’t know what you can do and hopefully someone else has more information.

Edit: I forgot to say I’m very sorry, I can’t imagine what it’s like going through this, really hope it works out.

Thank you. I did email the senior management of UCAS and they said UCAS should be bale to ammend this issue for me. But they haven't I will Call. first thing tomorrow. Really hope everything works out, didn't think it would be this much of an issue..especially if they made the mistake. :frown:(
Reply 7
Original post by Euphoria101
Contact/call your uni ASAP tomorrow morning. I'm so sorry, this must be upsetting but I'm sure the uni should be able to understand

I think the situation is hard because ucas track is frozen till the 4th so I cant do anything via clearing and ucas gave me the wrong number for clearing which obviously is not very beneficial for the uni I wanted to. Go. To. I'm going to call for the 3rd time tomorrow
I'm actually distraught I didn't think I would be let down by ucas like this :frown:
Thank you. I did email the senior management of UCAS and they said UCAS should be bale to ammend this issue for me. But they haven't I will Call. first thing tomorrow. Really hope everything works out, didn't think it would be this much of an issue..especially if they made the mistake. :frown:(

Yes, they made the mistake and are pretending it’s not their fault. Remind them as many times as they need. Let us know how it goes, really hoping this works out.
Reply 9
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
And what did your uni say about this, the one you received an offer, also I had an unconditional for Leicester, I declined once and I went through clearing and they immediately sorted it out for me, if you had an unconditional yet something happened by mistake I'm sure if you went through clearing on the day no doubt they'd give you an offer, but, just email the uni you want to apply to, just to make sure if they can make amendments for you.

Thanks, I will access to ucas track on the 4th of August cuz exam results still being processed. But they emailed sayin I wouldn't have an unconditional offer via clearing and my grades rnt the absolute best :/
Reply 10
Original post by bimbibap
Yes, they made the mistake and are pretending it’s not their fault. Remind them as many times as they need. Let us know how it goes, really hoping this works out.

Im going to call again tomorrow. Thank you for ur help! Will definitely update x
Sorry, I have no experience with UCAS so I can’t help but I was curious as to how you received an unconditional offer? I really want to get an unconditional offer but I’m not sure what you have to do. I’ve heard it’s if your mock results already reach the offer they want?
Thanks, I will access to ucas track on the 4th of August cuz exam results still being processed. But they emailed sayin I wouldn't have an unconditional offer via clearing and my grades rnt the absolute best :/

But, was your offer an unconditional before? and even if not, if they gave you an unconditional, they'll lend you an offer for sure on clearing. The course I applied to was ABB I had an unconditional before I rejected it, I got ACC and still managed to get a place on the course, before deciding retake was the best for me.
Reply 13
Original post by Frose03
Sorry, I have no experience with UCAS so I can’t help but I was curious as to how you received an unconditional offer? I really want to get an unconditional offer but I’m not sure what you have to do. I’ve heard it’s if your mock results already reach the offer they want?

I'm a resit applicant, so my previous grades were in my application. I think best way to ensure an unconditional is to ensure ur predicted grades r good.
Reply 14
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
But, was your offer an unconditional before? and even if not, if they gave you an unconditional, they'll lend you an offer for sure on clearing. The course I applied to was ABB I had an unconditional before I rejected it, I got ACC and still managed to get a place on the course, before deciding retake was the best for me.

Really? I hope so! I'm an individual applicant resitting so my alevel results won't be released till December that's y I'm worried. But maybe once have access to clearing it'll be easier it's jus they emailed me saying they won't be able to extend my offer via clearing that's why I'm rlly nervous.
Thanks, I'm a resit applicant so my original grades were not very high and was hoping to. Make up for it this year but then corona happend and I consider myself very lucky to have even received and unconditional offer. I think the clearing requirements are higher than my actual grades.. Clearing isn't active till the 4th and my uni said they wouldn't be able
to give me an unconditional via clearing offer any more. I will receive my results in December because of this whole corona, I don't think unis r willing to wait that long. I have no idea what I meant to do now.

Honestly this is horrible to have happened especially after working so hard, my only other guess would be to keep calling your university and UCAS and reminding them that they made a mistake and it's affecting your future.
Really? I hope so! I'm an individual applicant resitting so my alevel results won't be released till December that's y I'm worried. But maybe once have access to clearing it'll be easier it's jus they emailed me saying they won't be able to extend my offer via clearing that's why I'm rlly nervous.

Same I'm doing it in October and getting them released in December, but am Applying for 2021 instead

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending