The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Still haven't received anything yet...
Anyone did the history question "Is a strong state a prerequisite or an obstacle to economic growth"?
Original post by Cameron5467
Hahah - how did you find it?

Well, I wrote it on the day before it was due!
Original post by ScienceSoph
Anyone heard anything yet?

nope
I did! I related economic growth with Malthusian trap. How about you?
lol guys, what If they already sent out the emails and none of us here are shortlisted... yikes
Reply 45
Original post by Vivaan Baid18
lol guys, what If they already sent out the emails and none of us here are shortlisted... yikes

exactly what I'm thinking
Reply 46
Original post by Vivaan Baid18

surely they'll email everyone that entered with the shortlist?
wouldn't they post it on their facebook?
Original post by dsidi
surely they'll email everyone that entered with the shorI

I think they are gonna do that yeah
I'm not sure, it said on the website you wouldn't get an email if you didn't get shortlisted
They probably haven’t sent the emails out because of the time difference between uk and us. They’ll probably come out in the afternoon in the uk so everyone is awake when they receive it.
They said they will write to all candidates when they announce the Shortlist.
Reply 52
Original post by dsidi
surely they'll email everyone that entered with the shortlist?

but on their website they said this:
"Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email on or before Friday, 31st July. If you haven't received an email by the 31st, we hope you will enter an essay next year but please check your spam folder just in case."
So doesn't that mean that if you haven't received an email = you are not shortlisted
There’s a small chance that none of us have been shortlisted but I doubt that would be the case
Reply 54
Original post by kobla
"Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email on or before Friday, 31st July. If you haven't received an email by the 31st, we hope you will enter an essay next year but please check your spam folder just in case."
So doesn't that mean that if you haven't received an email = you are not shortlisted

ahhagsjangsga idk, but that makes me so nervous :frown:
Original post by ScienceSoph
Anyone heard anything yet?

Nothing yet
Original post by kobla

Under FAQs section though they said "We will write to all candidates by Friday 31 July when we announce the Short List"
Original post by kobla

I thought so too, but if you go down to their FAQ's, they've written:

"We will write to all candidates by Friday 31 July when we announce the Short List."
Original post by Chris Deng12
Under FAQs section though they said "We will write to all candidates by Friday 31 July when we announce the Short List"

They did the same last year. They WILL write to all candidates, otherwise you can imagine the ensuing tsunami of emails they'd receive.
Reply 59
Original post by Chris Deng12

oh yeah i see it. Interesting, so they're contradicting themselves :biggrin:

Latest