The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Molly-Jane
me neither! I did the art question for philosophy and I told myself I wouldn't care on the day but here I am!

Honestly! I wrote it going “oh well, at least it’s some practice writing academic essays!” And now I’m sat refreshing TSR to see if other people have been shortlisted so I can leave my email alone 🙄
Original post by pravel04
It’s 12pm now, anyone received anything?

Nada over here
It's still 11 am GMT
Original post by eloisevincente
Honestly! I wrote it going “oh well, at least it’s some practice writing academic essays!” And now I’m sat refreshing TSR to see if other people have been shortlisted so I can leave my email alone 🙄

me too!! I just enjoy writing essays so I said 'at least it's keeping me occupied and getting my brain going' but now I need to know haha
Did anyone do the unilateral free trade question? doubt emails will come out soon we may as well discuss what we wrote
I did the Theology question on Jesus. Hope the email comes today otherwise I’ll be nervous all weekend
I did the Theology question on conscience, but only because the Phil Qs were absolutely terrible.
Original post by horsetext
I did the Theology question on conscience, but only because the Phil Qs were absolutely terrible.

What were your overall thoughts on the questions? Good or bad?
Lol, I just called the uk number and they’ve said the shortlist will come out later today but they don’t know the exact time. At least there won’t be a delay
Lol, I just called the uk number and they’ve said the shortlist will come out later today but they don’t know the exact time. At least there won’t be a delay

I don’t know why that makes me feel even more nervous lol
Original post by BarnabyK
What were your overall thoughts on the questions? Good or bad?

I can't comment on the other subjects. Theology 1 & 2 were good, Phil 1 would be alright, were the concepts of intuition/science not totally nebulous. Aesthetics isn't my thing, hence why I disliked Phil 3, and Phil 2 would require considerably more than 2,000 words to do any justice (ha) to.
Reply 91
i did the law one on the prohibition of sex work
Reply 92

wow i'm quite surprised it wasn't postponed considering the number of people that entered
Original post by marm23
i did the law one on the prohibition of sex work

so did I haha
Original post by lily.2
wow i'm quite surprised it wasn't postponed considering the number of people that entered

I mean they did predict the approximate number of entrants
Original post by Auzendriel

They were prepared due to a flood of entries last year.
Did anyone else do the sex and gender question for psychology?
Hopefully, a large number of entries means a larger shortlist. Otherwise, my slim chance of being shortlisted will be even slimmer.
Hopefully, a large number of entries means a larger shortlist. Otherwise, my slim chance of being shortlisted will be even slimmer.

I suspect a lot of schools set this competition as quarantine work- which leads me to believe a high volume of entries doesn’t necessary mean entries of good quality.
Reply 99
Original post by Auzendriel

that is very true tbh

Latest