The Student Room Group

halloumi fries > chips!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LovelyMrFox
I didnt know that was an option in life :afraid:

well now you do :colone:
I've never tried them but I'm not big on cheese so...
Aren't chips the french fries in the UK? do you just mean cheesy fries???
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
I've never tried them but I'm not big on cheese so...
Aren't chips the french fries in the UK? do you just mean cheesy fries???

:eek3:
aren’t they essentially the same? chips are just chunkier right? either way, i don’t like either 🤭
Original post by Nutella!
:eek3:
aren’t they essentially the same? chips are just chunkier right? either way, i don’t like either 🤭

chips are... i have no idea. chips in the US are really thin, and US fries (your chips) are thicker/more stick shaped.
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
chips are... i have no idea. chips in the US are really thin, and US fries (your chips) are thicker/more stick shaped.

i’ll just call them potato sticks from now on, it’s easier 😁
i’ll just call them potato sticks from now on, it’s easier 😁

Unpopular opinion: I hate both :redface:
Potatoes are bleh :cry: and I hate cheese (unless it's on pizza, which in case maybe. And there can't be too much of it :shakecane:).

Spoiler

Original post by Roses_Dreams
Potatoes are bleh :cry: and I hate cheese (unless it's on pizza, which in case maybe. And there can't be too much of it :shakecane:).

Spoiler

i agree with the potato part, but cheese? oh glorious cheese? 🥺

Spoiler

i agree with the potato part, but cheese? oh glorious cheese? 🥺

Spoiler

Cheese is the bane of my soul, I'd much rather subject myself to the mercy of the potato than cheese :backstab:

Spoiler

Reply 69
Original post by Roses_Dreams

Spoiler

Nuuuuuuuu not poor potatoes :frown::frown: 😂 (i say poor potatoes but then eat them ur actually nicer to them :facepalm:)

Spoiler

Original post by RyanC_
Nuuuuuuuu not poor potatoes :frown::frown: 😂 (i say poor potatoes but then eat them ur actually nicer to them :facepalm:)

Spoiler

Spoiler

okayyyy

regular potatoes = 🤮
superior potato = meh 🤨

Am very impressed you rate superior potato so highly.
Original post by 999tigger
Am very impressed you rate superior potato so highly.

oh 🤭
what would you rate them?
Having had the delight of reading the entire thread and listening carefully to both sides passiuonate arguments I have decided given the choice I would eat good quality chips. When even Cavy says chips you know you are onto a winner/loser depending which side you support.

Never mind it just means moreHaloumi for you.
oh 🤭
what would you rate them?

Have you tried haloumi friend with nutella?
Having had the delight of reading the entire thread and listening carefully to both sides passiuonate arguments I have decided given the choice I would eat good quality chips. When even Cavy says chips you know you are onto a winner/loser depending which side you support.

Never mind it just means moreHaloumi for you.

can’t argue with that! ☺️

Have you tried haloumi friend with nutella?

nope! i imagine it’d taste very bizarre, but whether it be a good bizarre or a bad bizarre i’m not sure
Reply 76

Spoiler

Spoiler

can’t argue with that! ☺️

nope! i imagine it’d taste very bizarre, but whether it be a good bizarre or a bad bizarre i’m not sure

Just settle for variety.
If on a desert Island though I would have chips because I couldnt eat Haloumi fries every day.
Original post by RyanC_

Spoiler

Potato cruelty cannot be accepted in our society :eek:

Spoiler

Personally speaking, im not a fan of Halloumi fries, much prefer potato chips, especially from the fish & chip shop!!!

Quick Reply

Latest