The Student Room Group

who else is worried about the new school year

hi , im just wondering if anyone else is worried and scared for the new school year especially those in the same year as me (im going into year 11 in september)

Scroll to see replies

hey! am not going into the same year as you, but i'm going into year 13 so i also have exams next year. i am slightly anxious about going into school because of the virus but i went part-time for some of last term so i'm confident that schools will have the appropriate measures in place etc.

i'm more nervous about the school work, but i think it's normal to feel anxious because of the unknown nature of our exams, as well as the fact that we've taught ourselves over a term's worth of content. please don't think you're alone in feeling this way! i'm just trying to make sure i've done everything i should have by september (schoolwork, homework, revision etc) but not going overboard. i'm sure we'll all be told more at some point (whenever this happens) but perhaps just express your concern to your teacher/s when you return! good luck for year 11 :smile:
hey, im going into year 9 so im not really in the same year as you. i know that it may be daunting to think of the gcse's that are coming up soon for you, but don't stress. you'll be fine, just work hard and believe in yourself (:
Original post by X.243llie
hi , im just wondering if anyone else is worried and scared for the new school year especially those in the same year as me (im going into year 11 in september)

I'm going into year 11 too and I'm so nervous about the GCSEs but you're not alone we'll get through this together :rambo:
Reply 4
the thing is every year you see the other years so you know what to expect but because of corona i and no one else domt have a clue what to expect im praying the hard work ive put in over this term just gone is enough
hey i’m going into year 11 too! and i’m probably in the minority that isn’t actually all that scared about it. don’t ask me how, because i have no idea! i’m just not really.

but i think it’s completely normal to feel anxious about it, as we have upcoming exams and that’s not exactly anybody’s idea of fun! i’ll be running round like a headless chicken then, so don’t worry 🤣 but so long as you put the hard work and effort in, i’m sure you’ll be fine! :hugs:
Reply 6
Original post by Nutella!
hey i’m going into year 11 too! and i’m probably in the minority that isn’t actually all that scared about it. don’t ask me how, because i have no idea! i’m just not really.

but i think it’s completely normal to feel anxious about it, as we have upcoming exams and that’s not exactly anybody’s idea of fun! i’ll be running round like a headless chicken then, so don’t worry 🤣 but so long as you put the hard work and effort in, i’m sure you’ll be fine! :hugs:

this year has been so unpredictable amd we still got to december for it to end pray 2021 is my yr and all yr11s to
Same!
The government is very worried and I would suggest verging on panicking. They want schools to resume but given Chris Whitty's advice, don't know what restrictions should change as a result. Personally I would reduce pub hours or close them as this seems to be the places where social distancing is least observed.
Reply 9
Original post by barnetlad
The government is very worried and I would suggest verging on panicking. They want schools to resume but given Chris Whitty's advice, don't know what restrictions should change as a result. Personally I would reduce pub hours or close them as this seems to be the places where social distancing is least observed.

to be fair if your drunk your not fully aware of your sarroundings so how can you social distanve
Original post by X.243llie

Yeah, I mean I am because we have the pressure like everyone when they join Year 11 but the stress of the new school system and rules too which don't help. I know our exams are next year but sadly we are not safe from the potential cancellation of exams like the Year 11's had this year. For the rest of the summer though, I am going to relax and prepare for Year 11 the best I can, to prevent stress and feeling overwhelmed by it all.
I mean I am looking forward to leaving school and going on to college, to start the next chapter of my life. :smile:
I'm going into year 10 this September actually a bit excited for a new start :biggrin:.
Mood
I am going into year 11 as well, hopefully, they find a vaccine for this virus. I am quite worried for year 11 ,as there is so much speculation in the media that a second wave may occur in December causing schools to close again
Reply 14
Original post by lulumillie02
Yeah, I mean I am because we have the pressure like everyone when they join Year 11 but the stress of the new school system and rules too which don't help. I know our exams are next year but sadly we are not safe from the potential cancellation of exams like the Year 11's had this year. For the rest of the summer though, I am going to relax and prepare for Year 11 the best I can, to prevent stress and feeling overwhelmed by it all.
I mean I am looking forward to leaving school and going on to college, to start the next chapter of my life. :smile:

its going to be a massive challenge not only are we going into yr11 which is always a fhallenge but with new rules and uncertainties of local lockdowns and whatever else. but everyone going to yr11 or doing a levels or uni keep revisin not to much but a couple hours a day just to keep it fresh in your mind
Reply 15
Original post by Yeah_boi
I'm going into year 10 this September actually a bit excited for a new start :biggrin:.

yr10 is a good yr but 1 tip have fun and have a laugh but do your work to a good standard and do your best because if you just mess arpund you will really struggle come yr11 because i know people who were going to be grade 8 9 students but are now looking at 4 5 purely because they didnt do their best and messed around and during quarantine didnt do any work
Reply 16
Original post by foreverrocking
I am going into year 11 as well, hopefully, they find a vaccine for this virus. I am quite worried for year 11 ,as there is so much speculation in the media that a second wave may occur in December causing schools to close again

i know but im thinking of buying some textbooks even if i cant afford the ones used in school anything is better then nothing and using that as well as the online work to learn. and i pray we dont get a spike in december cos my bdays on the 24th and im 16 this yr and i rlly want a party
I think everyone is quite scared of going in to yr 11 because of the gcses,but hopefully they should be easy as the goverment knows that we have missed a lot of content
Original post by foreverrocking

Don't you think a second wave might be better for us? as we will get predicted grades?
Reply 19
Original post by Abu-bakr
I think everyone is quite scared of going in to yr 11 because of the gcses,but hopefully they should be easy as the goverment knows that we have missed a lot of content

my friend said they will probs lower the grade boundaries so we will probs get sm/similar tests to yrs before us but rather then it being to get a 7 you hv to get say 70%-80% you will gey a 7 if you get 65-75%

Quick Reply

Latest