The Student Room Group

A level prep

Hi,
So I'm starting year 12 in September and I was hoping for advice on what I can do now to get ahead in my subjects that I have chosen (this is because I'm taking 4 with one a lot of coursework based ) and possibly how long I need to study etc.
Thanks for any help!! :smile:
Reply 1
What subjects have you picked?
Reply 2
Original post by belle.c
What subjects have you picked?

I've picked geography, biology , psychology and health & social care
Reply 3
For Biology CGP do a head start book, which I've done for Maths and found quite helpful. Also, for geography watching a wide range of documentaries is helpful. Psychology the book 'The Man who Mistook his Wife for a Hat' is good, and also is accessibly written as well. No clue about Health and social care though, sorry! Hope that helped a bit though- I'm going into year twelve in September too and am trying to get a bit ahead ahaha!
Reply 4
Original post by belle.c
For Biology CGP do a head start book, which I've done for Maths and found quite helpful. Also, for geography watching a wide range of documentaries is helpful. Psychology the book 'The Man who Mistook his Wife for a Hat' is good, and also is accessibly written as well. No clue about Health and social care though, sorry! Hope that helped a bit though- I'm going into year twelve in September too and am trying to get a bit ahead ahaha!

Thank you! That is quite helpful! I've asked my friends and they just say not to worry about it so I appreciate the help! Oh really? I wish you the best of luck with them! ( and results day in a few weeks!) What subjects are you taking? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by rachaelv
Thank you! That is quite helpful! I've asked my friends and they just say not to worry about it so I appreciate the help! Oh really? I wish you the best of luck with them! ( and results day in a few weeks!) What subjects are you taking? :smile:

I am (hopefully!) going to take Maths, Further Maths, English Literature and History, as well as AS Spanish- but that depends on me getting the grades hahah. Also I keep forgetting about results day, but its actually really soon...:frown:
Reply 6
Original post by belle.c
I am (hopefully!) going to take Maths, Further Maths, English Literature and History, as well as AS Spanish- but that depends on me getting the grades hahah. Also I keep forgetting about results day, but its actually really soon...:frown:

That's actually an amazing range of subjects! Was there a reason behind them or you just enjoy them? (my English is great obviously 😂) You're allowed to take 5 subjects? At our school 4 was the maximum we could take ( otherwise history or sociology would of been on the list!) And I know I don't know you're school background, HOWEVER, I'm highly confident that you will get all the grades you want so don't even worry about results day :smile: You can always resit (in our case sit) the exams in autumn if you aren't happy with them :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by rachaelv
That's actually an amazing range of subjects! Was there a reason behind them or you just enjoy them? (my English is great obviously 😂) You're allowed to take 5 subjects? At our school 4 was the maximum we could take ( otherwise history or sociology would of been on the list!) And I know I don't know you're school background, HOWEVER, I'm highly confident that you will get all the grades you want so don't even worry about results day :smile: You can always resit (in our case sit) the exams in autumn if you aren't happy with them :smile:

Technically you can only take four, but because the Spanish is an AS it only needs one lesson a week for two years. Its gonna be intense, but I really wanted to keep up the Spanish hahah! Also, your subjects go together a lot better than mine- I picked the things that I like because I don't know what I want to do when I'm older :wink: I don't really want to do a resit as I haven't revised anything since March, but I'm glad that it is an option!

Quick Reply

Latest