The Student Room Group

Admission to Oxford

Will bad/avg highschool marks affect my Oxford admission even if I have done well in MAT (Oxford)?
yes, unfortunately your previously gained qualifications weigh heavily on your application, it's one of the biggest things they look at. I have had many friends that weren't accepted due to low GCSEs even though they did well on the admissions test.
Original post by Blair0211
Will bad/avg highschool marks affect my Oxford admission even if I have done well in MAT (Oxford)?

What is your idea of average? Do you mind sharing your GCSE's and A-Levels?
Original post by 5hyl33n

I would say average for GCSEs would vary between 5-7s. But for Oxford they would want all 7-9s. I got 5,6,7,7,8,8,9, A*,B which I'm pretty sure would have been too low for Oxford.

Waiting for results day for my A Levels but I'm expecting AAA
have a look at this if you haven't already

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/admission-requirements/uk-qualifications#

they say if you didn't do very well in GCSEs but you have an explanation for it (e.g. a family member died) then they will review your case and you might be accepted
Reply 5
Original post by 5hyl33n

GPA scores around 3
Reply 6
Original post by 5hyl33n

Around 80% or 3gpa out of 4
Reply 7
Original post by Bibster23
have a look at this if you haven't already

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/admission-requirements/uk-qualifications#

they say if you didn't do very well in GCSEs but you have an explanation for it (e.g. a family member died) then they will review your case and you might be accepted

That has been the case
Of course your highschool grades will matter.

I suspect meeting the SAT & AP requirements may be more impactful as they are standardised nationally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending