The Student Room Group

Friend sent his dad round

I think I just recommended for him to get a proper job as he does depop which is so where you sell clothes, I just suggested that he might not make money from depop. I wasn’t telling him to I just suggested it and he took it the wrong way which I don’t blame him for, I think I shouldn’t have done it. It’s just a few days ago his dad turned up in his works van to our house and had a word with my parents about what I have been saying, my friend must have sent him. I just feel like I have offended him too much and I was a bit disappointed for what I did.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sounds like a child getting so annoyed over a few comments.
Reply 2
Original post by Bio 7
Sounds like a child getting so annoyed over a few comments.

He’s 20 I think he’s might have been a bit sensitive, would you say I’m in the right or him?
He's TWENTY and he's getting his parents to come round and have a word with yours about a harmless comment?!
Yes sure maybe you shouldn't have made a personal remark but to be fair anyone who thinks Depop is a career path is fooling themselves so you weren't wrong.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
He’s 20 I think he’s might have been a bit sensitive, would you say I’m in the right or him?

Nobody was right in the first argument, but he was wrong to get upset over a few comments and have someone deal with it on his behalf.
Reply 5
He actually got his parents to talk to your parents? :rofl:
Reply 6
Original post by Xarao
He actually got his parents to talk to your parents? :rofl:

Yes
Reply 7
Original post by Xarao
You don't need a 20 year old who acts like a kid in your life, block him.

He’s kind of my idol though
Reply 8
Original post by Xarao
You sound like a complete dumb ass.

Are you ****ing taking the piss
He should grow some balls & speak to you personally.
Reply 10
Are you ****ing taking the piss

Woah, calm down Becky.
Original post by Xarao
Woah, calm down Becky.

Sorry I just have been stressed out with lockdown
Reply 12
Sorry I just have been stressed out with lockdown

It's okay.
Reply 13
Original post by chloenix
He's TWENTY and he's getting his parents to come round and have a word with yours about a harmless comment?!
Yes sure maybe you shouldn't have made a personal remark but to be fair anyone who thinks Depop is a career path is fooling themselves so you weren't wrong.

Well no not quite. One can make significant money from online selling. The other point is why does anyone need sympathy if they make demeaning uninformed remarks about someone else?
Sounds like a pathetic person.
Original post by mgi
Well no not quite. One can make significant money from online selling. The other point is why does anyone need sympathy if they make demeaning uninformed remarks about someone else?

I'm a 'Depop Seller' myself. I have a fair number of followers and get a decent income from it, but anyone who sees Depop as a sustainable income source (unless you are one of the TOP sellers with millions+ followers) is completely naïve. Also, as I know all too well, Depop has ups and downs, meaning you can't pay your rent from it.

Also, I wasn't awarding him sympathy if you read further into my comment. Whilst a personal remark is perhaps uncalled for, it was true and I'm assuming OP just wanted to bring his friend back down to reality.
Original post by Hoodlum123
Sounds like a pathetic person.

Me or him

I think its one of those situations where you would have to be there or at least hear their side of it.
The way you have written it then it seems like you did little wrong, but raising the possibility you were in the wrong or how you did it leads me to think there was something more as well as having a real impact on your friend. You dont send your dad round or they dont come round over nothing. So I disagree with everyone else and think there was more to it.

What did your parents say he said to them?
Original post by 999tigger
I think its one of those situations where you would have to be there or at least hear their side of it.
The way you have written it then it seems like you did little wrong, but raising the possibility you were in the wrong or how you did it leads me to think there was something more as well as having a real impact on your friend. You dont send your dad round or they dont come round over nothing. So I disagree with everyone else and think there was more to it.

What did your parents say he said to them?

No I just suggest that he should get a job, I think it because he has worked previously and he hated it so it might brought memories back plus some people don’t like being told what to do. I think I was in the wrong, I shouldnt have said it. My parents said to his dad they’ll speak to me about it, agreed with him. My parents just said to me don’t say stuff to him again and that’s it really
No I just suggest that he should get a job, I think it because he has worked previously and he hated it so it might brought memories back plus some people don’t like being told what to do. I think I was in the wrong, I shouldnt have said it. My parents said to his dad they’ll speak to me about it, agreed with him. My parents just said to me don’t say stuff to him again and that’s it really

Just apologise, say you didnt mean to upset him and then move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending