The Student Room Group

weight for a 5'3ft girl

Hi,
I was wondering if 55kg was a bit much for a petite girl, literally over the week I have gianed 2 kilograms and I'm getting quite worried on how much weight I gained in such a little amount of time. If I was to loose weight I would say my goal was about 45 kg but now I'm confused whether 55kg is an ideal weight and 45 kg is unrealistic?
I don’t think it’s unrealistic if u work towards it over time. Also how old r u?
Reply 2
You don't need to lose weight. You're fine. Work on staying healthy, in mind and body. Losing weight for the sake of it when it's not for health reasons will only hurt you, and could end up in really awful places like an eating disorder. Be kind to your body, you only have one, respect it. Be kind to yourself, the relationship you have with yourself is the most important relationship you'll ever have.
You’re a healthy weight
im 5ft n 90 pounds. just don’t worry too much. try to do some exercise each day but have a rest day once a week. eat 3 meals a day. limit intake of unhealthy food/drinks. if you need help w anything pm me
I am 5ft 3” and a past ED sufferer. According to my nutritionist, 45kg is considered underweight. Obviously there are other factors at play (genes, lifestyle, diet) but 50kg is considered the lowest healthy weight. You seem like perfectly healthy weight as you are. Please stay safe and tell someone you trust if you still want to lose a bit xxx
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm 5"5 and 43kg and am underweight. Some of my friends who are 5"3 are around your sought if weight at 55kg so that's perfectly fine, as long as you're healthy that's all that matters
Reply 7
Original post by aurora-hague
Hi,
I was wondering if 55kg was a bit much for a petite girl, literally over the week I have gianed 2 kilograms and I'm getting quite worried on how much weight I gained in such a little amount of time. If I was to loose weight I would say my goal was about 45 kg but now I'm confused whether 55kg is an ideal weight and 45 kg is unrealistic?

you are beautiful the way God made you! If it makes you happy to lose weight then do it, but if that's not the reason you don't have to. We all need to keep fit tho in these times, so maybe light exercise a few days a week will help you feel satisfied. I am trying to work out more too, as I feel like I've been quite inactive recently. God Bless you
I know BMI is not accurate but you're a perfectly normal weight

Original post by Libbyc16
im 5ft n 90 pounds. just don’t worry too much. try to do some exercise each day but have a rest day once a week. eat 3 meals a day. limit intake of unhealthy food/drinks. if you need help w anything pm me

how much food do u approx eat a day and do u exercise during the week, ur my goal weight!
Original post by LeahStarX
how much food do u approx eat a day and do u exercise during the week, ur my goal weight!

i eat 3 meals a day with no snacking in between. i try to have fruit/ veg with every meal. instead of snacking i drink 3 litres of water throughout the day. i exercise around 5-6 times a week. good luck with your goal, pm me if you want help w anything!
Original post by Libbyc16
i eat 3 meals a day with no snacking in between. i try to have fruit/ veg with every meal. instead of snacking i drink 3 litres of water throughout the day. i exercise around 5-6 times a week. good luck with your goal, pm me if you want help w anything!

Thankyou so much!
i think ur average. i'm 60 kgs and i'm 5'4 . i think i'm average
Original post by glowing_starfish
I don’t think it’s unrealistic if u work towards it over time. Also how old r u?

Hey, sorry for the late reply- i’m 16
Original post by Vanessa Chuah
i think ur average. i'm 60 kgs and i'm 5'4 . i think i'm average

Meee toooo exactly x Yesss that’s average lmao I literally searched this up like two weeks ago
Original post by aurora-hague
Hey, sorry for the late reply- i’m 16

In that case I think ur absolutely fine x
Original post by glowing_starfish
Meee toooo exactly x Yesss that’s average lmao I literally searched this up like two weeks ago

that's basically the same as me. I'm pretty certain it's average.
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
I know BMI is not accurate but you're a perfectly normal weight

I'm overweight according to this :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest