The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get my entire maintenance loan in september? (got my answer its no)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gigaberry
Again, even if people were taught how to budget blah blah blah it's in SFEs own interest to not give it to people all in one go. They are there to do you a favour, but regardless of the situation, they will do themselves the favour more. They are a business after all.

Btw the way you have written that is hardly intelligible.

Your suggestion is a recipe for disaster.and hopelessly naive about how finance and students work.
Original post by 999tigger
Btw the way you have written that is hardly intelligible.

Your suggestion is a recipe for disaster.and hopelessly naive about how finance and students work.

What suggestion?
Original post by gigaberry
What suggestion?

Oh I thought you were the OP as they are the only person I addressed.
Original post by annag2001
£2600 when my entire loan is £9000 is nothing to sniff at, and i want that money put aside so that if there is an emergency next year when i move out of halls and start paying full rent i wont starve.

even as a proper adult £2600 is a lot of money, my household income is currently £12000

saying £2600 isnt a large amount of money comes across way more arrogant than being happy about saving that much

im not getting cocky about saving, im being proud that i can get that much together for emergencies, because my whole life weve never managed to get any proper savings together until my gap year

Wow...well good for you. But sorry to break it to you but £2,600 is not really very much money. And once again that's not really the point. The point is your talking about how your finances aren't "anything to sniff at" 😅 when it's not really your money you've earned.

Quick Reply

Latest