The Student Room Group

I’m 18 and don’t like going out much

^anyone else feel the same? Feel like everyone my age and my friends always wanna go out drinking but I just don’t fancy it at all I’d rather go for a meal or stay in or go Bowling/cinema.... I feel so out of place:frown:

Scroll to see replies

I feel like the girls my age just wants to talk about boring things like celebrities and tiktoks and mainstream music 🥱 all that stuff where are the good convos man. but yeah I prefer doing fun activities or eating out in good places to getting drunk :/
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like the girls my age just wants to talk about boring things like celebrities and tiktoks and mainstream music 🥱 all that stuff where are the good convos man. but yeah I prefer doing fun activities or eating out in good places to getting drunk :/

I talk about some of those things sometimes but probably not as much as typical girls. I’m the same! I genuinely felt like no one else was the same as me so it’s nice to hear that!
I felt the same way at times but you've just got to find your group of people who'd rather plan to do something else
^anyone else feel the same? Feel like everyone my age and my friends always wanna go out drinking but I just don’t fancy it at all I’d rather go for a meal or stay in or go Bowling/cinema.... I feel so out of place:frown:

This is so me! You're definitely not alone don't worry.
Reply 5
Original post by AM.TSR
I felt the same way at times but you've just got to find your group of people who'd rather plan to do something else

That’s good to know. Yeah hopefully I will! Just because of my age it’s quite difficult
Reply 6
Original post by thagirlhanna
This is so me! You're definitely not alone don't worry.

Oh okay! It’s honestly so nice to know I’m not the only one. Sometimes I feel like I’m doing life wrong and I’m being silly
hey I'm the same
You are not alone! I'm exactly the same! I'm 27 but have always been the same :smile:

I had friends in high school and their only topic of conversations were: Talking about drinking and *****ing about other people (they still do it now). I still think back to first year of uni where I met my friends and was amazed at all these conversations that didn't revolve around alcohol! In fact, it was barely talked about! I think it's a matter of finding your people. You won't be friends with everyone and you shouldn't force it when you aren't feeling it either. There are so many people out there that are the same, I promise :smile: there is nothing wrong with you!
Reply 9
Remember there's a pandemic going on, so be safe.
I'm a non-drinker too, but I would still go out for the social interaction and meeting new people (side to it).
You can still go out with friends and have a soft drink / water, and still have a great evening.
That’s good to know. Yeah hopefully I will! Just because of my age it’s quite difficult

I get you, I'm 18 too so it's definitely possible! :smile:
yessss. i can’t drink because it really upsets my tummy so i cant do the regular stuff like parties. would much rather stay in and i don’t have any close friends anyway
You are not alone! I'm exactly the same! I'm 27 but have always been the same :smile:

I had friends in high school and their only topic of conversations were: Talking about drinking and *****ing about other people (they still do it now). I still think back to first year of uni where I met my friends and was amazed at all these conversations that didn't revolve around alcohol! In fact, it was barely talked about! I think it's a matter of finding your people. You won't be friends with everyone and you shouldn't force it when you aren't feeling it either. There are so many people out there that are the same, I promise :smile: there is nothing wrong with you!

This is exactly what I needed to hear!!!:frown: I’m going to uni this year and I was really hoping not everyone would want to drink so this brings me so much hope that it’ll enjoy it! Thank you so much. I feel so much less alone!!:smile:
Original post by AM.TSR
I get you, I'm 18 too so it's definitely possible! :smile:

Great to know thank you:smile: I’ll just need to keep looking!!
Original post by Adz2042
Remember there's a pandemic going on, so be safe.
I'm a non-drinker too, but I would still go out for the social interaction and meeting new people (side to it).
You can still go out with friends and have a soft drink / water, and still have a great evening.

Yeah that’s true, just the whole being around drunk people I’m not keen on but I guess I should give it a go more x
This is exactly what I needed to hear!!!:frown: I’m going to uni this year and I was really hoping not everyone would want to drink so this brings me so much hope that it’ll enjoy it! Thank you so much. I feel so much less alone!!:smile:

I definitely know what you mean! I hear so many students talk about how they're excited to have flat parties and get pissed and that's not what i want to do at all. I can think of way better things to do than get drunk and wasted. I'm going into uni this year as well and I'm hoping to find people that aren't just all about the party lifestyle/ aspect of being a fresher.
Original post by blueberrybowl
yessss. i can’t drink because it really upsets my tummy so i cant do the regular stuff like parties. would much rather stay in and i don’t have any close friends anyway

Aw fair enough! Do you think if you had close friends you’d go out more?
Original post by thagirlhanna
I definitely know what you mean! I hear so many students talk about how they're excited to have flat parties and get pissed and that's not what i want to do at all. I can think of way better things to do than get drunk and wasted. I'm going into uni this year as well and I'm hoping to find people that aren't just all about the party lifestyle/ aspect of being a fresher.

Aw nice! Yeah I feel like a lot of people I see at uni are always drinking constantly and stuff and It isn’t really my thing at all. Goodluck

i feel both of these comments so hard
why are you going anon though?

Same same same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending