The Student Room Group

Opposition while trying to research christianity

Recently I was researching Christianity and i spoke to some people about it. Anyway everyone is hostile towards me when I bring this up. They dont care nor have explored or looked into religions.
Did anyone else feel this? Been called insane and unstable.
One of my friends shouted at me asking me what I see in it and I just told him he's got to read it or research it to find out.

On mobile
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Don't care about what they think. Do what you want to do, not what people expect you to do.
Tell them to mind their own ****ing business
Don't worry. :smile:
Just enjoy finding out more about different religions, their teachings and traditions.
I studied theology at undergrad & postgrad; exploring so many fascinating areas across a variety of religions, books of scripture, sects and religious movements.
Reply 4
Do it anyway. I spend 2/3s of my day reading religious stuff, it's great
Although I don't follow any religion I like researching about numerous religions in order to enhance my knowledge in the area. It's quite important if you ever end up in a debate with someone. Take no notice of them, it's still a very valuable exercise.
Reply 6
Original post by UnwantedKid
Tell them to mind their own ****ing business

That only really works if you are not the instigator of the conversation :biggrin:
Reply 7
When I was still learning English, I would go createdebate.com to practice my reading and writing skills. As it is a US debate site the main topics are Abortion, 2nd Amendment(guns) and the Religions. Quite a few people there can actually string up a decent argument, you might find something relevant and/or someone willing to point you the right set of resources.
Do what you want!

There's nothing wrong with exploring and learning more about the world.

Quick Reply

Latest