The Student Room Group

Worried about second lockdown

I’m extremely worried that we’ll end up in a 2nd lockdown and the 1st one has delayed my life enough, it’s done enough damage as it is. I was sick to death of it, everyday was the same boring crap bull. I’m trying to sort my life out and if this second one happens it’s going to ruin it. I haven’t slept for a few nights because I have just been stressed and worried that they’ll be a second one. If you understood what I was going through then you would understand. From September 2017 I made a massive mistake of quitting college, I’m 2018 I w I was stuck at home doing nothing as well as 2017 because of that stupid mistake I made but returned in September 2018 , in 2019 I started to get all **** mental health and now in 2020 we have this lockdown. I mean it’s just one thing after another and I can’t do this anymore.

Scroll to see replies

same
infection rates are going up again...
Reply 3
intially we were promissed an 80% chance of a vaccine by september/october, but now i'm hearing a year at the earliest. ..and that they plan to only vaccinate 20% of the population and give the rest of the vaccine to other countries

until a vaccine comes and is used on at least 60% of the population there will likely to a second wave at some point and lockdown again
Reply 4
Original post by ANM775
intially we were promissed an 80% chance of a vaccine by september/october, but now i'm hearing a year at the earliest. ..and that they plan to only vaccinate 20% of the population and give the rest of the vaccine to other countries

until a vaccine comes and is used on at least 60% of the population there will likely to a second wave at some point and lockdown again

I can’t do this ****
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
infection rates are going up again...

Can’t cope with this anymore
I’m extremely worried that we’ll end up in a 2nd lockdown and the 1st one has delayed my life enough, it’s done enough damage as it is. I was sick to death of it, everyday was the same boring crap bull. I’m trying to sort my life out and if this second one happens it’s going to ruin it. I haven’t slept for a few nights because I have just been stressed and worried that they’ll be a second one. If you understood what I was going through then you would understand. From September 2017 I made a massive mistake of quitting college, I’m 2018 I w I was stuck at home doing nothing as well as 2017 because of that stupid mistake I made but returned in September 2018 , in 2019 I started to get all **** mental health and now in 2020 we have this lockdown. I mean it’s just one thing after another and I can’t do this anymore.

What is it about the lockdown that specifically worries you?
Reply 7
What is it about the lockdown that specifically worries you?

I have been so bored at home just sat there in my phone, it’s ****ed up my sleeping pattern, it’s ****ing up my career, It’s causing delays for my life, it’s ruined ****ing ******* 2020
I have been so bored at home just sat there in my phone, it’s ****ed up my sleeping pattern, it’s ****ing up my career, It’s causing delays for my life, it’s ruined ****ing ******* 2020

We're all in the same boat there I'm afraid! Could you do an online course? There are loads of free ones on futurelearn on all sorts of different topics. How old are you? Are you working at the moment?
watch exams get cancelled again i can see it coming with the infection rates going back up
We're all in the same boat there I'm afraid! Could you do an online course? There are loads of free ones on futurelearn on all sorts of different topics. How old are you? Are you working at the moment?

I’m 19 years old and I’m a shareholder. I have been waiting to do my driving test so I could get my licence because I hate public transport so much and I have social anxiety so it prevents me going out. If I passed my test I could go out and help with my social issues but the ****ing thing has been ****ing delayed twice because of this stupid ******* coronavirus.
Original post by liamlarner
watch exams get cancelled again i can see it coming with the infection rates going back up

I honestly want to cry
I’m 19 years old and I’m a shareholder. I have been waiting to do my driving test so I could get my licence because I hate public transport so much and I have social anxiety so it prevents me going out. If I passed my test I could go out and help with my social issues but the ****ing thing has been ****ing delayed twice because of this stupid ******* coronavirus.

I realise this is a tough time for you and this seems like the worst thing, but remember that 10s of thousands of people have died and would no doubt have loved to have been stressing about a driving test instead of struggling to breathe. Perspective is important. This will pass. Things will go back to normal and you will be able to carry on with you life, why not make plans now, try an online course I suggested, make sure you're in a good position for when this all blows over.
I realise this is a tough time for you and this seems like the worst thing, but remember that 10s of thousands of people have died and would no doubt have loved to have been stressing about a driving test instead of struggling to breathe. Perspective is important. This will pass. Things will go back to normal and you will be able to carry on with you life, why not make plans now, try an online course I suggested, make sure you're in a good position for when this all blows over.

I can’t do this **** honestly
I’m the same, need to do my driving test and I’m 23 so a fair bit older than you! It’s very frustrating but you just have to think you are safe and still so young, don’t worry too much about rushing forward. Take care!
I’m the same, need to do my driving test and I’m 23 so a fair bit older than you! It’s very frustrating but you just have to think you are safe and still so young, don’t worry too much about rushing forward. Take care!

You probably have your career sorted though but take it easy then
I can’t do this **** honestly

Can't do what? You said you were bored and frustrated that your life is on hold. Why not do something to keep you busy and put you in a better situation when this is finished? We're all feeling lost, angry and upset right now, but it won't be for ever.
Can't do what? You said you were bored and frustrated that your life is on hold. Why not do something to keep you busy and put you in a better situation when this is finished? We're all feeling lost, angry and upset right now, but it won't be for ever.

I have had issues sleeping and everything like now it’s nearly 1am but I’m awake
You probably have your career sorted though but take it easy then

Not really. Getting there but not where I want to be. It takes time but you will get there.
Not really. Getting there but not where I want to be. It takes time but you will get there.

Hopefully

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending