The Student Room Group

20, female and a...

...virgin. Wow, can't believe im making a thread like this. Oh well. Anyway, I dont want to be a virgin anymore. Thing is, when I was at uni, none of my friends liked clubbing, and I wasnt going to just go alone because apparently thats a weird thing to do lol. Obvs cant attempt to go cludding now with this whole pandemic. Though would like to try when possible. Tinder is not option, I'd be far too embarrassed if I saw someone on there who knew me. Also, just want to say that I'm not ugly. I have had guys approach me, some specifically for my body, but I either wasnt attracted to them, or if I was attracted to them I got weird vibes so didnt end up pursuing anything. So what do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Get on Tinder. Plenty of hungry guys on there.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
...virgin. Wow, can't believe im making a thread like this. Oh well. Anyway, I dont want to be a virgin anymore. Thing is, when I was at uni, none of my friends liked clubbing, and I wasnt going to just go alone because apparently thats a weird thing to do lol. Obvs cant attempt to go cludding now with this whole pandemic. Though would like to try when possible. Tinder is not option, I'd be far too embarrassed if I saw someone on there who knew me. Also, just want to say that I'm not ugly. I have had guys approach me, some specifically for my body, but I either wasnt attracted to them, or if I was attracted to them I got weird vibes so didnt end up pursuing anything. So what do I do?

Go on Tinder or a similar dating app laying out your intentions.

I think you might have been picky in the past and if that's the case, either lower your standards or you might be best served waiting for a relationship
Ignore @Cattle corn, he's a troll. @Gothic Kitten, @TheStaffyDreamer Could we do something about this user? He's been spamming the website with inappropriate threads and messages. Thanks in advance.
Please don't lose your virginity to a stranger, it might be painful and awkward enough without adding a stranger into the mix!
Reply 5
Original post by TJ1997
Go on Tinder or a similar dating app laying out your intentions.

I think you might have been picky in the past and if that's the case, either lower your standards or you might be best served waiting for a relationship

Thanks for the advice, but I already said I wasnt looking to go on tinder.
I dont have high standards. I think I just dont put myself in situations where it I would seem open to getting to now people.
Reply 6
Please don't lose your virginity to a stranger, it might be painful and awkward enough without adding a stranger into the mix!

Honestly I dont care that much about my virginity, just want to get it over with. All I need is a decent person that I'm attracted to. Plus I dont think I have the time to have a relationship right now.
Honestly I dont care that much about my virginity, just want to get it over with. All I need is a decent person that I'm attracted to. Plus I dont think I have the time to have a relationship right now.

Honestly just put yourself there and let guys know you're down for a shag. Always works for me.
Reply 8
I dont have high standards. I think I just dont put myself in situations where it I would seem open to getting to now people.

Didn't see that, my bad.

If that's the case, then as lockdown eases start joining clubs or mutual interest activities. I had a similar problem at uni to you and a lot of my so called 'friends' didn't like clubbing or club music so had to sit a lot of things out unfortunately
Reply 9
I feel like I'm too busy to find the 'right man' atm. Plus I'd rather have some experience before finding the person I want to spend my life with.

Push your boundaries (not too far though)
It’s not that you aren’t trying hard enough but it’s a matter of patience. The right guy will come but you’ll need to be ready.
I feel like I'm too busy to find the 'right man' atm. Plus I'd rather have some experience before finding the person I want to spend my life with.

Just curious as a female virgin, would you go out with a male virgin your age?
Original post by JockstrapAttack
Honestly just put yourself there and let guys know you're down for a shag. Always works for mel

Lmao, how exactly does one put themself out there?
Original post by TheStarboy
Push your boundaries (not too far though)
It’s not that you aren’t trying hard enough but it’s a matter of patience. The right guy will come but you’ll need to be ready.

Thanks, but push your boundaries is very vague advice. Can you be more specific?
Original post by TJ1997
Didn't see that, my bad.

If that's the case, then as lockdown eases start joining clubs or mutual interest activities. I had a similar problem at uni to you and a lot of my so called 'friends' didn't like clubbing or club music so had to sit a lot of things out unfortunately

In this case, I think I need broaden my horizons and find more friends
Lmao, how exactly does one put themself out there?

I don't know, by having male friends possibly? Going on dating apps or visiting bars and clubs? You know, being a regular young adult, lol. Maybe the problem isn't guys but you because you seem very set in your ways and it's slightly off-putting. Sorry.
(edited 3 years ago)
Just curious as a female virgin, would you go out with a male virgin your age?

If I was attracted to him and he was confident, then yes. Otherwise, obviously no.
Original post by JockstrapAttack
I don't know, by having male friends possibly? Going on dating apps, bars and clubs? You know, being a regular young adult, lol. Maybe the problem isn't guys but you because you seem very set in your ways and it's slightly off-putting. Sorry.

Oh okay, no worries, how do I seem set in my ways? Just looking for some advice
Thanks, but push your boundaries is very vague advice. Can you be more specific?

Pushing your boundaries doesn’t mean constant flirting but it does mean acting a little. Guys love confident women so you might need to pretend or work in looking confident. You also need to look receptive and start looking into getting outfits that you think describes you best.
(edited 3 years ago)
Oh okay, no worries, how do I seem set in my ways? Just looking for some advice

You refuse to go on dating apps but complain that "I just dont put myself in situations where it I would seem open to getting to now people."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending