The Student Room Group

Can’t do this anymore

I hated college when I was there and I cried my eyes out in bed all night every only sleeping about 1 hour. I hated Sunday nights so much, thinking another week of everything, my mum gets me up at 6 30 am to eat breakfast then get changed and go Monday to Friday. I start getting more and more down as Sunday evening goes on and then when I go to bed I just cry for hours on my pillow.

Now September is coming up and I am going to be back to normal and I get down when it’s September and it’s back after the holidays. A few months ago I was at a party on Sunday evening and just started getting down there thinking it’s Monday tomorrow and I cried there but no one else was even though they had college as well and I cried in the car on the way home. I find the whole of Monday crap as well at college and getting home is crap thinking it’s over but I still have 4 more days of it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I hated college when I was there and I cried my eyes out in bed all night every only sleeping about 1 hour. I hated Sunday nights so much, thinking another week of everything, my mum gets me up at 6 30 am to eat breakfast then get changed and go Monday to Friday. I start getting more and more down as Sunday evening goes on and then when I go to bed I just cry for hours on my pillow.

Now September is coming up and I am going to be back to normal and I get down when it’s September and it’s back after the holidays. A few months ago I was at a party on Sunday evening and just started getting down there thinking it’s Monday tomorrow and I cried there but no one else was even though they had college as well and I cried in the car on the way home. I find the whole of Monday crap as well at college and getting home is crap thinking it’s over but I still have 4 more days of it.

Please help
Reply 2

I’m going to get ignored yeah?
Reply 3
I'm so sorry you feel this way, do you know what may have triggered these feelings?
Reply 4
Original post by Roxy226
I'm so sorry you feel this way, do you know what may have triggered these feelings?

I just honestly hate college, it’s this ta who I hate she takes me this room to give extra support but she’s so rude and frustrating. I just hate being in the classroom, I just don’t like anything about it
Reply 5
I just honestly hate college, it’s this ta who I hate she takes me this room to give extra support but she’s so rude and frustrating. I just hate being in the classroom, I just don’t like anything about it

when I was in college, I had this one teacher exactly like that too. What got me through that was my love of the subjects I was studying. Maybe you're unhappy with your studies?
Can you do something else instead? How old are you? Can you change course? Change college? Do an apprenticeship instead?
The vast majority of people get the Sunday night blues, or similar! I always feel that way, but I have to go to work or I won't have money to live in a nice house and do things I enjoy during my time off.
I also felt the same, I found college really stressful. however you have to think this isn’t long term. If you only have a year left I’m assuming, it won’t be so bad. Perhaps explain to your parent/carers how it makes you feel and how down you are about it and see if they can speak to the college about it? Or is there anyone in college you could talk to about it yourself? Hope this helps and you are okay.
Reply 8
Original post by Roxy226
when I was in college, I had this one teacher exactly like that too. What got me through that was my love of the subjects I was studying. Maybe you're unhappy with your studies?

I’m unhappy with everything. The teacher is a **** she sit next to and just breathes loud as well
Reply 9
I also felt the same, I found college really stressful. however you have to think this isn’t long term. If you only have a year left I’m assuming, it won’t be so bad. Perhaps explain to your parent/carers how it makes you feel and how down you are about it and see if they can speak to the college about it? Or is there anyone in college you could talk to about it yourself? Hope this helps and you are okay.

I’m going to have to do something long term though and what if I don’t like work or something
I’m going to have to do something long term though and what if I don’t like work or something

Almost no one likes work, people just go to make money.
I'm trying to think of different approaches to help you overcome this, but my only suggestion at this time is to request that either you get a new TA for support because you feel uncomfortable with your current one, or you ask the school for the chance for flexible hours in school. The second one is more unlikely since schools want to look good and students showing up after school starts wouldn't look good however, that's beside the point. Crossing that bridge when we get to it and all that nonsense. Are you struggling in classes? Sorry for sounding rude if I did

You may not like everything you do in life but if you think about things you truly enjoy maybe you could look into that field a bit further and see what jobs are out there in that. What do you like? What are your hobbies? What kind of environments would you enjoy to work in? For the mean time however regarding this situation it may be wise like I said to speak to your parents or someone you do like at college and see what can be done to support you.
I’m unhappy with everything. The teacher is a **** she sit next to and just breathes loud as well

Just keep in mind that this is temporary and then you'll eventually move onto better things, whether it be university, job or apprenticeship. Regardless of this, still try your best to be happy and work hard for the next year of your life. College is very important for the future and even though it may be hard, you'll need to try and push through it. Maybe try to open up to a close family member or friend?
Original post by Roxy226
Just keep in mind that this is temporary and then you'll eventually move onto better things, whether it be university, job or apprenticeship. Regardless of this, still try your best to be happy and work hard for the next year of your life. College is very important for the future and even though it may be hard, you'll need to try and push through it. Maybe try to open up to a close family member or friend?

I tried to get excuses out of going and cough but my mum knows that I’m putting it on. It’s got bad to the point I would make myself dizzy so I can throw up at school and get sent home
I tried to get excuses out of going and cough but my mum knows that I’m putting it on. It’s got bad to the point I would make myself dizzy so I can throw up at school and get sent home

That's really serious. You could tell the teachers at your school to swap TAs. If they knew that the situation was this extreme, they most likely would listen to you.

Ahhhh
Original post by Roxy226
That's really serious. You could tell the teachers at your school to swap TAs. If they knew that the situation was this extreme, they most likely would listen to you.

I don’t even know
I don’t even know

A ta shouldn't be making you this miserable! Are there any teachers in your college you are close to or can talk casually with?
Original post by Roxy226
A ta shouldn't be making you this miserable! Are there any teachers in your college you are close to or can talk casually with?

Not really, it’s not just the ta it’s everything about college

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending