The Student Room Group

Feeling down

I just don’t like pets. Someone was showing us their new kittens on a video group call last night and everyone was like “awwww they are so cute” but I was just there like not really caring. I just have been feeling stressed out at night about it and I feel like I’m really peculiar. I know of people who don’t like other pets but like kittens, I don’t like any. I have just been upset about it and I really don’t know what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I just don’t like pets. Someone was showing us their new kittens on a video group call last night and everyone was like “awwww they are so cute” but I was just there like not really caring. I just have been feeling stressed out at night about it and I feel like I’m really peculiar. I know of people who don’t like other pets but like kittens, I don’t like any. I have just been upset about it and I really don’t know what to do.

They were tiny kittens and like a few weeks old but I just didn’t find them cute at all
Reply 2
maybe you just don't like them and thats okay :smile: it doesn't mean you're a bad person
what do you find cute other than small animals?
Reply 3
Original post by megan_e
maybe you just don't like them and thats okay :smile: it doesn't mean you're a bad person

I find short girls cute and babies
Reply 4
Original post by megan_e

I had people giving me hate about not liking them
Reply 5
I find short girls cute and babies

okay, thats nice. good for you!
babies are definitely adorable
Reply 6
I had people giving me hate about not liking them

don't worry about their opinions its just a difference in preference, nothing too big.
hope you don't feel bad about yourself :h:
Reply 7
Original post by megan_e

Ahh I just dont know anyone the same as me
Reply 8
Original post by megan_e
don't worry about their opinions its just a difference in preference, nothing too big.
hope you don't feel bad about yourself :h:

I feel really bad about it and I just don’t what to do
Reply 9
Ahh I just dont know anyone the same as me

well, i find animals cute but i wouldn't want to be close to them
Reply 10
Original post by megan_e

There is nothing cute about little fleshy machines that serve the purpose of spewing, sh*tting, p*ssing and crying.
Original post by Bio 7
There is nothing cute about little fleshy machines that serve the purpose of spewing, sh*tting, p*ssing and crying.

Basically me with kittens apart from the crying
Reply 12

I'm not keen on animals either, I don't like touching them at all or being near them.

Except rabbits, they are just so adorable. Don't know anyone with one now though.
Why do you need to do anything, and why are you upset that you don't like pets and others do?

This seems really silly.

you don't have to like them. its all good, don't let this bother you, it doesn't mean you are inhumane
Original post by Bio 7
I'm not keen on animals either, I don't like touching them at all or being near them.

Except rabbits, they are just so adorable. Don't know anyone with one now though.

Not kittens either?
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
Why do you need to do anything, and why are you upset that you don't like pets and others do?

This seems really silly.

People always judge me for it
Reply 17
Not kittens either?

I am terrified of dogs, not keen on cats but not scared and I don't like being near any other animals.

Rabbits are fine though.

And never babies! That would be hell.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Bio 7
I am terrified of dogs, not keen on cats but not scared and I don't like being near any other animals.

Rabbits are fine though.

And never babies! That would be hell.

Yep I’m the same apart from I think babies are ok but I’m not keen on rabbits
People always judge me for it

This is such a ridiculous thing to be upset about, it's very strange.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending