The Student Room Group

Application Options

Hello. I've decided to go to University via Clearing. I have used the University Calculator and have received an informal offer in an email stating if I apply through the application form attached via email, they will give me a place on the course (Film and Media Production). But I will have to only apply to that University (Staffordshire University). Is that better than going through UCAS?

Will I need anything more for my application other than the application Staffs has sent to me?
Original post by MC 16
Hello. I've decided to go to University via Clearing. I have used the University Calculator and have received an informal offer in an email stating if I apply through the application form attached via email, they will give me a place on the course (Film and Media Production). But I will have to only apply to that University (Staffordshire University). Is that better than going through UCAS?

Will I need anything more for my application other than the application Staffs has sent to me?

When I went through Clearing at Sheffield last year after filling in the form online and getting a response from that, you then had to add the choice in Track; so I'd assume it would be similar at Staffs.

Have you not already submitted an application through UCAS this year?
Reply 2
Original post by thegalaxy
When I went through Clearing at Sheffield last year after filling in the form online and getting a response from that, you then had to add the choice in Track; so I'd assume it would be similar at Staffs.

Have you not already submitted an application through UCAS this year?

When I first did the qualifications calculator, it was a spur of the moment thing. So no. After that, I began my UCAS application but I've not sent it off yet, pending reference.

In the email Staffordshire Uni sent to me, it said this "If you have already decided that you only want to apply to us , you can do so using the attached application form. Please email the completed form along with evidence of any qualifications we discussed to [email protected]

You can apply through UCAS, UCAS opens for clearing applications on the 6th July 2020. You would need to register, pay the UCAS application fee of £25 and complete an online UCAS application. You will need the following details"

Those were the two options. I can either apply for them alone or go through UCAS. I'm just wondering if its better to do the former or the latter.
Original post by MC 16
When I first did the qualifications calculator, it was a spur of the moment thing. So no. After that, I began my UCAS application but I've not sent it off yet, pending reference.

In the email Staffordshire Uni sent to me, it said this "If you have already decided that you only want to apply to us , you can do so using the attached application form. Please email the completed form along with evidence of any qualifications we discussed to [email protected]

You can apply through UCAS, UCAS opens for clearing applications on the 6th July 2020. You would need to register, pay the UCAS application fee of £25 and complete an online UCAS application. You will need the following details"

Those were the two options. I can either apply for them alone or go through UCAS. I'm just wondering if its better to do the former or the latter.

Hi @MC 16

Congrats on your informal offer - and sorry for any confusion.

I've just emailed our Clearing team about this and this is their response:

"If you'd like to come to us and have been made that informal offer then you'll need to send us that form so we can start processing your application. You will have received that letter because you would have told us you weren’t on UCAS already. So if you want to apply to us, you won’t need anything else other than that form initially. Once that has been sent proof of quals will be asked for but initially you just need to fill in that form and send it in to the confirmmyplace email."

So it sounds like the form is your best option, if you haven't already applied for Unis through UCAS.

I hope that helps but please give me a shout if we can help with anything - and good luck! :smile:

Thanks

Amy
Original post by MC 16

Whether UCAS is better all depends on whether you want to be able to apply to other unis or not in Clearing? If the answer to this is Yes or Maybe then it's important to be in the UCAS system. If the answer is No then you can use the form you have to just apply to Staffs
No need to limit yourself to one uni, are the any others you’re interested in? If so, I’d say apply through UCAS but if you’re set on Staff then there’s no point wasting £25
Reply 6
Thanks for the responses. I just wanted to know that I'm not misreading what the email said.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending