The Student Room Group

Lack of confidence, please help

I get so anxious when I think about my future. I get issues effecting my sleep because I get anxious about it all. Im very nearly old, I still dont drive yet, got no job, no girlfriend, still at college, no gcses, no a levels and I just dont know anything Im good at.I hated the college course I was on before lockdown I dont know its doing I just feel like its getting me to what career I want to do. I just wouldnt be able to something I don’t like. I just felt forced getting up and going because I hated it and i just came home stressed. I hated getting the bus home seeing cars driving passed and thinking other people can drive but im a bus w*nker tanding there waiting for the bus. Its embarrassing. I dont have a job at the moment because I have savings and also I just want to get my driving licence first , I would absolutely hate to commute on the bus or any public transport for that matter because I just want to drive.

I have a worry that I wont be able to drive and I just need to be able to for my future. I hate every public transport so much. If I actually couldnt drive I dont know what I would do it would really put me down so much just using public transport to get to work back it just so depressing and embarrassing for me . Im pretty much screwed if I dont get my driving licence. Life will be harder if you don’t drive espeicially for me as I get older. Last year I had lessons in a manual car but was struggling and I changed instructors but that didnt go well either. Im learning in automatic now which is going fine, I have areas for improvement but my instructor is going to do an intensive course before my test. I just need to pass pretty soon though but im worried about it. I just like cars so much and just not being able to drive would hurt so much. I dont mind about it being automatic because there’s still a good range of cars in auto transmissions but the big thing is to just need to pass the driving test. I spend hours on YouTube in my room playing videos on cars everyday and hours on autotrader looking at possible cars I can get as my first. So just wouldnt be able to take not being able to drive. If couldnt drive I wouldnt be motivated to get a job because I dont drive also I have not made any plans if I don’t get this licence. My driving licence is pretty much essential and my main priority atm.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you ****ing taking the ****. I studied for my theory test for hours
wait r u worried abt failing the driving test or lack of confidence?
Reply 3
Original post by vix.xvi
wait r u worried abt failing the driving test or lack of confidence?

Both, failing the driving test will affect my confidence
Original post by Anonymous
Both, failing the driving test will affect my confidence

why?
it shouldn't affect u
it means nothing abt u
Reply 5
Original post by vix.xvi
why?
it shouldn't affect u
it means nothing abt u

It’s demotivating, it means so much to me
It’s demotivating, it means so much to me

dont worry about it
you can always retake it
loads of ppl retake
Reply 7
Original post by vix.xvi
dont worry about it
you can always retake it
loads of ppl retake

True
Reply 8
Original post by vix.xvi
dont worry about it
you can always retake it
loads of ppl retake

I was just worried about not passing my test at all
I was just worried about not passing my test at all

I get so anxious when I think about my future. I get issues effecting my sleep because I get anxious about it all. Im very nearly old, I still dont drive yet, got no job, no girlfriend, still at college, no gcses, no a levels and I just dont know anything Im good at.I hated the college course I was on before lockdown I dont know its doing I just feel like its getting me to what career I want to do. I just wouldnt be able to something I don’t like. I just felt forced getting up and going because I hated it and i just came home stressed. I hated getting the bus home seeing cars driving passed and thinking other people can drive but im a bus w*nker tanding there waiting for the bus. Its embarrassing. I dont have a job at the moment because I have savings and also I just want to get my driving licence first , I would absolutely hate to commute on the bus or any public transport for that matter because I just want to drive.

I have a worry that I wont be able to drive and I just need to be able to for my future. I hate every public transport so much. If I actually couldnt drive I dont know what I would do it would really put me down so much just using public transport to get to work back it just so depressing and embarrassing for me . Im pretty much screwed if I dont get my driving licence. Life will be harder if you don’t drive espeicially for me as I get older. Last year I had lessons in a manual car but was struggling and I changed instructors but that didnt go well either. Im learning in automatic now which is going fine, I have areas for improvement but my instructor is going to do an intensive course before my test. I just need to pass pretty soon though but im worried about it. I just like cars so much and just not being able to drive would hurt so much. I dont mind about it being automatic because there’s still a good range of cars in auto transmissions but the big thing is to just need to pass the driving test. I spend hours on YouTube in my room playing videos on cars everyday and hours on autotrader looking at possible cars I can get as my first. So just wouldnt be able to take not being able to drive. If couldnt drive I wouldnt be motivated to get a job because I dont drive also I have not made any plans if I don’t get this licence. My driving licence is pretty much essential and my main priority atm.

Do you have dyspraxia or something else that makes manual hard? I do (and autism) and found driving a manual to be really hard. I have my first automatic lesson next week. That could be an explanation to why you struggle. If not, that’s fine too, many people find driving difficult and everyone has lessons where they come away feeling like they’ll never drive. If I were you, I would look into resitting my maths and English GCSE next summer (or the summer after if you need more time) through a college, or if not, private, as that will open more jobs up for you. Doing a lower level apprentice qualification after the GCSEs will give you a skill. Try and find one you enjoy. It’s not like you’ll love going to it every day, no one feels that way, but one that you don’t hate so much, and that will give you a career path you can progress down, and you get paid whilst doing it. You can take your test during the GCSE period so you can drive to a job or apprentice place. Does this help?
You're ****ing rude

They are very right. Complaining on TSR won’t make you popular. Go make a difference off this site .
They are very right. Complaining on TSR won’t make you popular. Go make a difference off this site .

Can they not see op is anxious though and actually isn't feeling good in the thread. I know the thread is 4 months old but that doesn't change the ignorance of that users reply
Can they not see op is anxious though and actually isn't feeling good in the thread. I know the thread is 4 months old but that doesn't change the ignorance of that users reply

Everyone gets anxious once in a while. This site doesn’t have a way to treat your anxiety. OP needs to work on that themselves. is doing the responsible thing and telling OP the truth. That’s how you overcome obstacles.
Everyone gets anxious once in a while. This site doesn’t have a way to treat your anxiety. OP needs to work on that themselves. @ecolier is doing the responsible thing and telling OP the truth. That’s how you overcome obstacles.

A lot of people come on tsr to open up. Telling him him to stop moaning and get off tsr and YouTube isn't helpful. Its a rude reply
A lot of people come on tsr to open up. Telling him him to stop moaning and get off tsr and YouTube isn't helpful. Its a rude reply

They open up but they always get the truth. Some take it how it is, others don’t. At the end of the day, it’s not about the reply but how OP chooses to respond (with their actions)
They open up but they always get the truth. Some take it how it is, others don’t. At the end of the day, it’s not about the reply but how OP chooses to respond (with their actions)

The only point the user made is if op is in his teens he's young but then the other stuff is just rude. They should have just said that he is young then left it at that because telling him to get off tsr and YouTube and start studying is not helpful
The only point the user made is if op is in his teens he's young but then the other stuff is just rude. They should have just said that he is young then left it at that because telling him to get off tsr and YouTube and start studying is not helpful

They have a bunch of problems and being told to get on with starting to solve them is the right answer. That’s literally all it is
They have a bunch of problems and being told to get on with starting to solve them is the right answer. That’s literally all it is

Getting off tsr and YouTube is not the right answer, like op is worried about driving its not like he has an addiction to YouTube and tsr. The user should have suggested do more driving lessons or something like that

Op is worried about driving, telling him to study is irrelevant to his situation and if the user said do more lessons or something more relevant to ops issues that won't have been as rude
Getting off tsr and YouTube is not the right answer, like op is worried about driving its not like he has an addiction to YouTube and tsr. The user should have suggested do more driving lessons or something like that

Op is worried about driving, telling him to study is irrelevant to his situation and if the user said do more lessons or something more relevant to ops issues that won't have been as rude

They are simply saying to focus on studying for their driving test. This thread is 4 months old anyway so I’m sure OP found a way to solve their dilemmas regardless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending