The Student Room Group

Woodhouse College 2020

Hey, I thought it might be cool to start a chat/forum for students enrolling in Woodhouse college this September so we could maybe get to know each other or ask and answer any questions as we are missing out on our taster day. If any current students or ex students have any advice or info that would also be great! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cleobella1503
Hey, I thought it might be cool to start a chat/forum for students enrolling in Woodhouse college this September so we could maybe get to know each other or ask and answer any questions as we are missing out on our taster day. If any current students or ex students have any advice or info that would also be great! :smile:

2020 Year of COVID ;-;. I'm kinda scared but excited to go to Sixth Form. What subjects are you all taking?
Reply 2
Original post by lxuise_mx1
2020 Year of COVID ;-;. I'm kinda scared but excited to go to Sixth Form. What subjects are you all taking?

hey, I'm going here. what secondary are you coming from?
I'm studying maths chemistry biology and economics
I'm coming from St Anne's Catholic High School for Girls. I'm studying Biology Chemistry and Maths also!!
Reply 4
I'm coming from St Anne's Catholic High School for Girls. I'm studying Biology Chemistry and Maths also!!

ok, have you even started the work yet? I haven't lol, and I was behind on chemistry. I wonder if there are many people that are In this position. I did combined science, and I'm good at maths so my physics pulls my grade up a lot. and I'm good at biology already. what were your predictions? mine were:
maths:8
English lit:8
English lang:8
gcse pe:9
economics:6+
science:7-7
spanish:5
geography:7
Original post by phoe383
ok, have you even started the work yet? I haven't lol, and I was behind on chemistry. I wonder if there are many people that are In this position. I did combined science, and I'm good at maths so my physics pulls my grade up a lot. and I'm good at biology already. what were your predictions? mine were:
maths:8
English lit:8
English lang:8
gcse pe:9
economics:6+
science:7-7
spanish:5
geography:7

I didnt have internet when lockdown started lol and only got it 3 weeks ago, so ive finished maths and in the middle of chemistry. Biology is very long and it hurts my brain to even think about it lol.

My professional predicions (based on mocks and classwork) are:
Maths: 9
English lit: 6
English lang: 6
Science: 9-9
RE: 9
History: 9
Spanish: 9
Computer Science:9
Reply 6
Hi, do you guys know if people on the waiting list have to go to Woodhouse on results day or take a picture of their results and send it via email?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by etsxo
Hi, do you guys know if people on the waiting list have to go to Woodhouse on results day or take a picture of their results and send it via email?

I'm not sure but I know those with an offer will have a form sent to them that they must complete and send pictures of results. I think those on the waiting list will have to go to Woodhouse to see if there has been a place available. Idk, I think you should email them your question to see
Reply 8
I'm not sure but I know those with an offer will have a form sent to them that they must complete and send pictures of results. I think those on the waiting list will have to go to Woodhouse to see if there has been a place available. Idk, I think you should email them your question to see

Last week woodhouse sent me an email saying they’ll send my registration pack. Is that the same email?
Original post by etsxo
Last week woodhouse sent me an email saying they’ll send my registration pack. Is that the same email?

Sounds like it. 😀
I didnt have internet when lockdown started lol and only got it 3 weeks ago, so ive finished maths and in the middle of chemistry. Biology is very long and it hurts my brain to even think about it lol.

My professional predicions (based on mocks and classwork) are:
Maths: 9
English lit: 6
English lang: 6
Science: 9-9
RE: 9
History: 9
Spanish: 9
Computer Science:9

**** then u acc doing the work? for physics we gotta do some poster thing and i havent done **** lets hope no one else has : )
Hello everyone, Im still very confused on where I want to go :frown: I just don't want to make the wrong decision so my options are to stay at winchmore or go to Ashmole or Woodhouse. I like Woodhouse but do they offer support and is teaching good as it so different to being in a sixth form.
Reply 12
Original post by ifyouknowyouknow
**** then u acc doing the work? for physics we gotta do some poster thing and i havent done **** lets hope no one else has : )

fr lol, i haven't done any of the work ffs
Original post by luizaodonelly2
Hello everyone, Im still very confused on where I want to go :frown: I just don't want to make the wrong decision so my options are to stay at winchmore or go to Ashmole or Woodhouse. I like Woodhouse but do they offer support and is teaching good as it so different to being in a sixth form.

I mean I wanted to go Woodhouse for some independence.Plus in a sixth form being surrounded with annoying youngers was not ideal.Idk wht the teachings like tho.But I’ve heard good things about the school.My maths teacher loved it there and gave it a 10/10.She said the teachings rlly good and as long as u ask for help and r motivated,u’d do great.
Original post by faezah.xox
I mean I wanted to go Woodhouse for some independence.Plus in a sixth form being surrounded with annoying youngers was not ideal.Idk wht the teachings like tho.But I’ve heard good things about the school.My maths teacher loved it there and gave it a 10/10.She said the teachings rlly good and as long as u ask for help and r motivated,u’d do great.

Is that for woodhouse or ashmole?
Reply 15
Original post by luizaodonelly2
Is that for woodhouse or ashmole?

did you read it properly lol. clearly says Woodhouse
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by phoe383
did you read it properly lol. clearly says Woodhouse

my bad, i read it too fast.. lol
Does anyone know how the teaching at Ashmole is like and any extra things I might need to know about? :smile:
Original post by phoe383
fr lol, i haven't done any of the work ffs

Omg, same. I haven’t done anything. What will happen if we don’t do it?
Original post by ifyouknowyouknow

The work is so long and both chemistry and biology have research. I don't even know what I'm going to do 😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending