The Student Room Group

Everyone seems to hate me and find me weird :(

I know this is long but please please read it as I’m just really struggling at this point:frown: Just for background info I’m 18 and a girl. I’ve just left school and been in college for a year so far. I had such amazing friends for the first 4 years of Highschool and I always had great friends in primary. But people have just started to hate me/avoid me and find me weird and it’s really starting to upset me that people just don’t want involved with me at all. I honestly don’t know why because I’ve hardly ever been in any drama and if I have been 90% of the time it’s been people starting drama with me and being nasty with me. I’m not just saying this to make me look good but I genuinely don’t have a bad bone in my body I’ve always been so supportive to my friends/other people. I don’t know if people just started drama cause they know I won’t say anything cause I’m nice. But like now I’ve commented on girls photos (that I know) saying they look pretty and they just ignore me. There’s this girl who called me weird for requesting to follow her and I just don’t get it I really don’t know what I’ve done wrong:frown: does anyone have any clue as why this could be ?? Like it honestly feels like everyone hates me and thinks I’m so weird. I used to slightly weird (I’d just say not shy/having fun) before but now I’ve stopped cause I just feel like people hate me and think I’m stupid so I don’t know why people still think I’m silly:frown: it hurts so so much, I no longer have any friends apart from people I speak to on social media:frown:((

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I know this is long but please please read it as I’m just really struggling at this point:frown: Just for background info I’m 18 and a girl. I’ve just left school and been in college for a year so far. I had such amazing friends for the first 4 years of Highschool and I always had great friends in primary. But people have just started to hate me/avoid me and find me weird and it’s really starting to upset me that people just don’t want involved with me at all. I honestly don’t know why because I’ve hardly ever been in any drama and if I have been 90% of the time it’s been people starting drama with me and being nasty with me. I’m not just saying this to make me look good but I genuinely don’t have a bad bone in my body I’ve always been so supportive to my friends/other people. I don’t know if people just started drama cause they know I won’t say anything cause I’m nice. But like now I’ve commented on girls photos (that I know) saying they look pretty and they just ignore me. There’s this girl who called me weird for requesting to follow her and I just don’t get it I really don’t know what I’ve done wrong:frown: does anyone have any clue as why this could be ?? Like it honestly feels like everyone hates me and thinks I’m so weird. I used to slightly weird (I’d just say not shy/having fun) before but now I’ve stopped cause I just feel like people hate me and think I’m stupid so I don’t know why people still think I’m silly:frown: it hurts so so much, I no longer have any friends apart from people I speak to on social media:frown:((

Awe trust me, I've always used to feel like that too, in- fact ask everyone who probs know me and they'd say I always use the phrase everyone hates me, sometimes you feel like the world is against you or just doesn't understand you, and you have to realise it's your mindset. Instead of being upset try and develop a "I don't care attitude" It'll take time to become resilient, it takes me time still. But, I find it so much easier to think well if someone doesn't like me that's okay, their loss, if you know you haven't got a bad bone, it's okay, because then you know your worth, and you don't deserve to be put down, if you haven't done anything wrong. Unfortunately, we live in a world where people can say mean things and really nasty things we could do two things 1) move on or 2) defend yourself (lmfao already can guess I'm a rowdy person and it doesn't get me anywhere, but, hey ho). The more you learn that it's not you, it's them that are being rude, then that'll help massively. Because, chances are you haven't done anything rude, some people are just like that. You just have to understand that it isn't your fault. Always be yourself.

Also constructively, do you have a job, or go to uni (you can always expand your social group), and find various ways, clubs, taking up hobbies.
Reply 2
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
Awe trust me, I've always used to feel like that too, in- fact ask everyone who probs know me and they'd say I always use the phrase everyone hates me, sometimes you feel like the world is against you or just doesn't understand you, and you have to realise it's your mindset. Instead of being upset try and develop a "I don't care attitude" It'll take time to become resilient, it takes me time still. But, I find it so much easier to think well if someone doesn't like me that's okay, their loss, if you know you haven't got a bad bone, it's okay, because then you know your worth, and you don't deserve to be put down, if you haven't done anything wrong. Unfortunately, we live in a world where people can say mean things and really nasty things we could do two things 1) move on or 2) defend yourself (lmfao already can guess I'm a rowdy person and it doesn't get me anywhere, but, hey ho). The more you learn that it's not you, it's them that are being rude, then that'll help massively. Because, chances are you haven't done anything rude, some people are just like that. You just have to understand that it isn't your fault. Always be yourself.

Also constructively, do you have a job, or go to uni (you can always expand your social group), and find various ways, clubs, taking up hobbies.

For the past 3 years I’ve genuinely felt like I was just overthinking the situations and that I was being silly but the most recent situation where I followed a girl and complimented her outfit and she ignored me think everything over that’s happened and made me realise how people feel about me. I hope I can get like you and learn to care less!:frown: hahahah, being confrontational can be helpful sometimes haha just not me tho I could never it scares me ahah. Really going to take your advice there and try realise I’ve not Done anything wrong but it’s so difficult feeling this way, my heart hurts so much as silly as it sounds:frown:

I go to college, the girls there hated me for a while They’ve only recently became friendly with me, cause COVID I won’t be going back as my course next term is theory all the time so they’re keeping us out of college as we aren’t needed there for practical. I have a job at a golf course being a waitress But as you can imagine it’s mainly old people haha. I worked at this dog day care place But the lady hated me too, she was so nice to me on text and in front of other people but ignored me when no one was around so I ended up leaving as it just made me feel so uncomfortable and unwanted which makes me sad as I loved it there so much I’m doing animal care at college so it was amazing for me. I was also supposed to start a job at a garden centre cafe but it’s been postponed a few times due to COVID too, I was hoping I could make some friends there too as the lady who interviewed me said I was nice and that I’d get along with the girls but I don’t know if I’ll get the chance to start working there now. My only hobby really is baking. I used to be into swimming, drama and horse riding but I stopped to focus on school and I was never any good I just enjoyed it. I feel like it’s possibly too late for me to start a different hobby now as people in clubs will already be good and I won’t.
For the past 3 years I’ve genuinely felt like I was just overthinking the situations and that I was being silly but the most recent situation where I followed a girl and complimented her outfit and she ignored me think everything over that’s happened and made me realise how people feel about me. I hope I can get like you and learn to care less!:frown: hahahah, being confrontational can be helpful sometimes haha just not me tho I could never it scares me ahah. Really going to take your advice there and try realise I’ve not Done anything wrong but it’s so difficult feeling this way, my heart hurts so much as silly as it sounds:frown:

I go to college, the girls there hated me for a while They’ve only recently became friendly with me, cause COVID I won’t be going back as my course next term is theory all the time so they’re keeping us out of college as we aren’t needed there for practical. I have a job at a golf course being a waitress But as you can imagine it’s mainly old people haha. I worked at this dog day care place But the lady hated me too, she was so nice to me on text and in front of other people but ignored me when no one was around so I ended up leaving as it just made me feel so uncomfortable and unwanted which makes me sad as I loved it there so much I’m doing animal care at college so it was amazing for me. I was also supposed to start a job at a garden centre cafe but it’s been postponed a few times due to COVID too, I was hoping I could make some friends there too as the lady who interviewed me said I was nice and that I’d get along with the girls but I don’t know if I’ll get the chance to start working there now. My only hobby really is baking. I used to be into swimming, drama and horse riding but I stopped to focus on school and I was never any good I just enjoyed it. I feel like it’s possibly too late for me to start a different hobby now as people in clubs will already be good and I won’t.

Awe no I get it, I went to an all-girls school and honestly, it was the worst thing ever, I had friends, but, for some reason man some people would just send me weird looks or just do horrible stuff without knowing me, probably why I get on better with guys than girls. Even if I had went to a mixed school I'd have probably been better off. I have a few female friends and we're still close even after high-school, I had good memories, I of course had really **** ones, where people would be so malicious. You just have to learn to grow a backbone, it's easier said than done, and it probably explains why I'm so bitter today, I literally get in fights on TSR like everyday for defending someone who was having it tough. You don't have to hope to be like me, I'm no saint. But, for sure, develop some assertiveness and learn to love yourself. I'm sure you're an amazing individual, and the kind ones or the most unique ones are the ones who get picked on the most, because, they're as you said "weird" I don't think that, I think they're just unique. And so what if you're weird! it's good to be weird, no one likes a plane presi jane anyway in the real world, always be yourself, and if you show you don't back down to anyone who tries to push you down, it would make you feel better and make you look so attractive to everyone.

I always say to myself always be that one bad b that you always wanted to be, you don't owe anything to anyone but yourself so do it for yourself, build yourself up and don't let your tiara fall!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Awe no I get it, I went to an all-girls school and honestly, it was the worst thing ever, I had friends, but, for some reason man some people would just send me weird looks or just do horrible stuff without knowing me, probably why I get on better with guys than girls. Even if I had went to a mixed school I'd have probably been better off. I have a few female friends and we're still close even after high-school, I had good memories, I of course had really **** ones, where people would be so malicious. You just have to learn to grow a backbone, it's easier said than done, and it probably explains why I'm so bitter today, I literally get in fights on TSR like everyday for defending someone who was having it tough. You don't have to hope to be like me, I'm no saint. But, for sure, develop some assertiveness and learn to love yourself. I'm sure you're an amazing individual, and the kind ones or the most unique ones are the ones who get picked on the most, because, they're as you said "weird" I don't think that, I think they're just unique. And so what if you're weird! it's good to be weird, no one likes a plane presi jane anyway in the real world, always be yourself, and if you show you don't back down to anyone who tries to push you down, it would make you feel better and make you look so attractive to everyone.

I always say to myself always be that one bad b that you always wanted to be, you don't owe anything to anyone but yourself so do it for yourself, build yourself up and don't let your tiara fall!

Ngl a all girls school sounds dreadful hahah, I couldn’t think of anything worse so well done to you for getting through that haha. Oh I’m the same!!! I get on soooo much easier with guys too!! I guess there just less judgmental ? That’s amazing you stick up for people, that’s such a good trait to have even if you do it aggressively haha! Honestly being “weird” was always my friends favourite thing about me as they always thought I was fun and ngl it was my favourite thing about myself too as I was so happy and bubbly! I’m with you on that rather be weird than boring!

That end paragraph is so amazing oh my god:frown: your such a kind person! Going to screenshot this paragraph you sent so I can look back on it when I get very doubt myself thank you so much
Reply 5

Maybe you are trying so hard to be nice and make friends it is coming across a bit unnatural and so people find it weird?
Try to relax a little more and have natural conversions with people, don't always be a yes man. It's important to share your own thoughts and opinions even if they differ from others.
Ngl a all girls school sounds dreadful hahah, I couldn’t think of anything worse so well done to you for getting through that haha. Oh I’m the same!!! I get on soooo much easier with guys too!! I guess there just less judgmental ? That’s amazing you stick up for people, that’s such a good trait to have even if you do it aggressively haha! Honestly being “weird” was always my friends favourite thing about me as they always thought I was fun and ngl it was my favourite thing about myself too as I was so happy and bubbly! I’m with you on that rather be weird than boring!

That end paragraph is so amazing oh my god:frown: your such a kind person! Going to screenshot this paragraph you sent so I can look back on it when I get very doubt myself thank you so much

Yeah I know, my mums dreading to send my sister but she's already like really confident. I'm not at all, I'm introverted and shy I don't speak much but when I can I can get LOUD (classical ADD). I like to stand up for what is right, even if I end up wrong I just apologise, I'm stubborn but not to the point where I don't want to apologise if I'm in the wrong. And yeah some guys can be so easier to get on with you, because, for me they don't hold grudges? and so many other male teachers used to joke about it, in my high school (As it was all girls) when girls held grudges they HELD grudges there.

I think, I've been bullied so much I just can't stand for that, if I have to swing one to protect myself I would, I just hated being shoved if someone shoves me, I wouldn't stand for it that's just doing little fifteen year old me wrong, (if that makes sense). That's personally how I feel, again I'm petty and bitter but, I get like that when I think I have a reason to be, safe to say like if I turn out wrong then I'm wrong. And there are always other alternatives, not promoting a fight club or anything like that lmfao I don't want to get you expelled, and im 100% sure you're not as dumb as me.

And aw thank you I was just trying to do my best to help that's all, I just don't like it when people beat themselves up over other people, people can be so rude and pathetic, I just find it funny nowadays. And yeah keep on being fun! you're only young once. xx
Reply 7
Uh

Original post by L-K
Maybe you are trying so hard to be nice and make friends it is coming across a bit unnatural and so people find it weird?
Try to relax a little more and have natural conversions with people, don't always be a yes man. It's important to share your own thoughts and opinions even if they differ from others.

I don’t really try to be nice, I just act the way I’ve been brought up. This is possible tho, maybe people aren’t keen on me cause I’m too nice. But I do express my differ of opinion, like I don’t go along with everything someone says just to fit in if you get what I mean. I wouldn’t say I’m a over the top nice person either. I keep myself to myself, I’m just nice when I speak to people instead of being nasty/judgemental. X
Reply 8
Yeah I know, my mums dreading to send my sister but she's already like really confident. I'm not at all, I'm introverted and shy I don't speak much but when I can I can get LOUD (classical ADD). I like to stand up for what is right, even if I end up wrong I just apologise, I'm stubborn but not to the point where I don't want to apologise if I'm in the wrong. And yeah some guys can be so easier to get on with you, because, for me they don't hold grudges? and so many other male teachers used to joke about it, in my high school (As it was all girls) when girls held grudges they HELD grudges there.

I think, I've been bullied so much I just can't stand for that, if I have to swing one to protect myself I would, I just hated being shoved if someone shoves me, I wouldn't stand for it that's just doing little fifteen year old me wrong, (if that makes sense). That's personally how I feel, again I'm petty and bitter but, I get like that when I think I have a reason to be, safe to say like if I turn out wrong then I'm wrong. And there are always other alternatives, not promoting a fight club or anything like that lmfao I don't want to get you expelled, and im 100% sure you're not as dumb as me.

And aw thank you I was just trying to do my best to help that's all, I just don't like it when people beat themselves up over other people, people can be so rude and pathetic, I just find it funny nowadays. And yeah keep on being fun! you're only young once. xx

You seem so fiery and full of character I love it!! Haha😂 atleast you can warn your sister of things and tell her how to deal with things. But if she’s confident she might fit in perfectly with the other girls! Oh I’m so sorry you had to go through bullying, people are actually horrible it really bothers me. It takes such little effort to be a good person it makes no sense. Yeah I get what you mean, whenever my ex fell out with his guy mates they’d get over it that day and act like nothing happened it’s not like that with girls tho they hold anything against you forever even if you’ve grown up and changed.

I’ll try!! I really feel like I should be more like myself after this conversation thank u:smile:xx
You seem so fiery and full of character I love it!! Haha😂 atleast you can warn your sister of things and tell her how to deal with things. But if she’s confident she might fit in perfectly with the other girls! Oh I’m so sorry you had to go through bullying, people are actually horrible it really bothers me. It takes such little effort to be a good person it makes no sense. Yeah I get what you mean, whenever my ex fell out with his guy mates they’d get over it that day and act like nothing happened it’s not like that with girls tho they hold anything against you forever even if you’ve grown up and changed.

I’ll try!! I really feel like I should be more like myself after this conversation thank u:smile:xx

I've just been used as a mat and stepped on so I have to be feiry, otherwise no one else really would for me, which is just how the world works. And meh, it's okay I survived, you survive bullying it's just the after effects but all my bullies were unfortunate looking so and in academia lmfaooo, I didn't have to interact with them in sixth form, thank god, if they actually put effort into not making fun of me and my friends or other innocent people, then they'd have gotten decent grades for sure :smile:

Yes, that's good aha, I get all riled up and motivational lmfao, I give great advice following my own however, is another challenge but I'll get there one day, just like you would! x
I've just been used as a mat and stepped on so I have to be feiry, otherwise no one else really would for me, which is just how the world works. And meh, it's okay I survived, you survive bullying it's just the after effects but all my bullies were unfortunate looking so and in academia lmfaooo, I didn't have to interact with them in sixth form, thank god, if they actually put effort into not making fun of me and my friends or other innocent people, then they'd have gotten decent grades for sure :smile:

Yes, that's good aha, I get all riled up and motivational lmfao, I give great advice following my own however, is another challenge but I'll get there one day, just like you would! x

Yeah you’ve got to have your own back don’t you and stick up for yourself and what you believe ! Hahaha I feel you on that, I never take my own advice either. Hopefully, thank u so so much for ur help you’ve honestly been so amazing and made me feel so much better x
Yeah you’ve got to have your own back don’t you and stick up for yourself and what you believe ! Hahaha I feel you on that, I never take my own advice either. Hopefully, thank u so so much for ur help you’ve honestly been so amazing and made me feel so much better x

no problem feel free to message in the future if you ever need anything! I'd be happy to help
You are not alone; quite a lot of people have rather nasty and unfair opinions of people. What is important is to never play into the superficial gabble yourself and continue to be yourself. You might be unpopular for now, but, in my judgement, it's a short spell. It is much better to be unpopular bein yourself, than popular bein somebody else.

For now, I should recommended doin the stuff you like; perhaps skiing on the French Alps, or fishin; or see if you can get in contact with your friends.
no problem feel free to message in the future if you ever need anything! I'd be happy to help

Thank you so much:smile:
Original post by LaPregunta
You are not alone; quite a lot of people have rather nasty and unfair opinions of people. What is important is to never play into the superficial gabble yourself and continue to be yourself. You might be unpopular for now, but, in my judgement, it's a short spell. It is much better to be unpopular bein yourself, than popular bein somebody else.

For now, I should recommended doin the stuff you like; perhaps skiing on the French Alps, or fishin; or see if you can get in contact with your friends.

It’s been 3 years like this so I don’t think it’s short term tbh but thank you! I’m only 18 I don’t think I really have enough money to go to France and ski hahah, thanks anyways x
It’s been 3 years like this so I don’t think it’s short term tbh but thank you! I’m only 18 I don’t think I really have enough money to go to France and ski hahah, thanks anyways x

You don’t need to concern yourself with the past. I’m assuming you are going to uni right? Whether you are or not, now is the time to be looking ahead. Focus on your future friends and not the people you left behind. You don’t sound weird at all :hugs: I hope you get real life friends again. You shouldn’t have anyone hate you at all
Original post by TheStarboy
You don’t need to concern yourself with the past. I’m assuming you are going to uni right? Whether you are or not, now is the time to be looking ahead. Focus on your future friends and not the people you left behind. You don’t sound weird at all :hugs: I hope you get real life friends again. You shouldn’t have anyone hate you at all

I get what you mean but people (even new people) shut me down when I try to speak to them:frown: I’m at college rn and have a couple years left, I’m not sure if I’m going to uni after that. Aw thank you so much 💗
I get what you mean but people (even new people) shut me down when I try to speak to them:frown: I’m at college rn and have a couple years left, I’m not sure if I’m going to uni after that. Aw thank you so much 💗

Maybe it’s their fault and not yours? Honestly, you shouldn’t worry about them. Focus on college for now and try to limit your interactions with other people. Let them talk to you, rather than you talk to them. You’re welcome :biggrin:
Original post by TheStarboy
Maybe it’s their fault and not yours? Honestly, you shouldn’t worry about them. Focus on college for now and try to limit your interactions with other people. Let them talk to you, rather than you talk to them. You’re welcome :biggrin:

Yeah I guess so, I’ll try
Hi there
Sorry to know that you are going through this.
Unfortunately, this is humans' nature...
They hate people who are nice and worship the wicked one...
As some said here, even if it is hard, because as living beings we want even crave to feel cherished and loved, just ignore those who do not like you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending