The Student Room Group

Driving Test Tomorrow

It’s my first ever driving test tomorrow and I’m very nervous.

Anyone have any good advice?
Take a breath if you're too nervous and take your time thinking what you should do next just to be sure. Goodluck on you test! You'll ace it!
Original post by Migdalia816
Take a breath if you're too nervous and take your time thinking what you should do next just to be sure. Goodluck on you test! You'll ace it!

Thank you!
Original post by jazzyman123

Stay calm, try to drive naturally and make sure to use your mirrors.
It's better to be hesitant at junctions and take your time than take risks. Especially as the former is only a minor fault and the latter a major which is an automatic fail.
Thanks for the reply’s and I’m happy to say that I’ve passed!
Thanks for the reply’s and I’m happy to say that I’ve passed!

well done! how many lessons did you have?
Original post by 56789fghj
well done! how many lessons did you have?

Thank you

I had 20 lessons but I also did a few hours practicing in my parent’s car
Reply 7
Congratulations!
Original post by TheDE
Congratulations!

Thanks!
Better late than never

Thanks!
Better late than never

Thanks!

any tips on passing
Original post by 56789fghj
any tips on passing

It was my first time so I was really nervous so try and stay calm (which is easier said than done) because you’ll make a lot of mistakes when you’re nervous so I recommend watching some mock test videos on YouTube and get use to the routes so you know the speed limits on the different roads on the routes to build confidence.
Reply 12
Hey many congratulations :smile: . Did you get your driving license yet. I passed around the same time and had to apply for it by post as I had my address changed but I haven't received it yet. I was wondering is it just because I applied by post or everyone is finding it the same.
Original post by vivkulh
Hey many congratulations :smile: . Did you get your driving license yet. I passed around the same time and had to apply for it by post as I had my address changed but I haven't received it yet. I was wondering is it just because I applied by post or everyone is finding it the same.

Hi sorry for the late reply.

Mine came just under a week when I passed but it was under the same address on my provisional which is most likely why it came so soon

Don't sweat it! the driving instructor will help you and take care for your and other driver's safety. Best of luck, you can get it. Believe in yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest