The Student Room Group

Insurance instead of firm

Is it possible I could switch out my Firm choice for insurance? Or decline their offer if I got it on results day?
Original post by Ruelynn
Is it possible I could switch out my Firm choice for insurance? Or decline their offer if I got it on results day?

Try calling your firm on Monday and telling them you don't want to go there and that you now want to go to your insurance, it d be too late if you got into your firm on results day as then you would no longer have an insurance choice.
Original post by Ruelynn

It is too late to swap this before results day.

If your firm and insurance are both aware of and agree to the change then it can be done either by your firm rejecting you or by you opting into clearing to apply back to your insurance.
Reply 3
Alright, so I guess i'll call them before hand and see how that goes. Thank you
Reply 4
Hi,

I contacted UCAS for that and obtained this response:

"If you would now like to move from your firm to your insurance choice, you'll need to wait until the current firm choice makes a decision on your application.

If they make yours successful, your insurance choice will be automatically declined. In this case, you would need to click the 'decline this place' button next to your firm choice and enter Clearing to re-apply to your insurance choice. Please note that we recommend contacting the desired insurance choice before applicants drop themselves into Clearing - this ensures that apps. are confident they have a place before going into Clearing as this is an irreversible step.

If they make you unsuccessful, you may be placed with your insurance choice anyway. If you aren't placed with your insurance choice, you'll need to use Clearing to try and re-apply.

Here's some information about Clearing - https://bit.ly/3f45LXX"

-------

Hope it helps ##
Original post by Ruda2002
Hi,

I contacted UCAS for that and obtained this response:

"If you would now like to move from your firm to your insurance choice, you'll need to wait until the current firm choice makes a decision on your application.

If they make yours successful, your insurance choice will be automatically declined. In this case, you would need to click the 'decline this place' button next to your firm choice and enter Clearing to re-apply to your insurance choice. Please note that we recommend contacting the desired insurance choice before applicants drop themselves into Clearing - this ensures that apps. are confident they have a place before going into Clearing as this is an irreversible step.

If they make you unsuccessful, you may be placed with your insurance choice anyway. If you aren't placed with your insurance choice, you'll need to use Clearing to try and re-apply.

Here's some information about Clearing - https://bit.ly/3f45LXX"

-------

Hope it helps ##

Thanks for the update which is always useful.

But you could still do as Claire and PQ suggested and phone your Firm uni to ask that they reject you now so that your Insurance choice automatically becomes your Firm choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending