The Student Room Group

Cambridge

Is anyone applying to cambridge this year? If so when are you starting your personal statement? I’m looking forward to applying. What course is everyone applying to?
Reply 1
Im applying!

Started my personal statement in December and have been reviewing it once a week since then. Currently finishing off my two application essays that my college wants from me (I’m applying to Newnham)

Applying for History. Super excited for it. I’m from state school and have been my whole life. I’m one of only two in my school applying so that should be interesting. Not expecting to actually get in but an interview itself will be an amazing experience - to talk to some experts in their field is cool! If I don’t get through my first choice will be York!
Reply 2
I've written my personal statement! I will be applying for medicine at Queens' college!
Reply 3
Original post by Nevi
Im applying!

Started my personal statement in December and have been reviewing it once a week since then. Currently finishing off my two application essays that my college wants from me (I’m applying to Newnham)

Applying for History. Super excited for it. I’m from state school and have been my whole life. I’m one of only two in my school applying so that should be interesting. Not expecting to actually get in but an interview itself will be an amazing experience - to talk to some experts in their field is cool! If I don’t get through my first choice will be York!

That’s cool. I’m applying to Fitzwilliam college. I’m in a similar predicament as you.. only me and one other are applying to oxbridge. He’s applying to Oxford though. I am applying to PBS. I’m not expecting to get in either but worth a shot haha!
Original post by Nevi
Im applying!

I’m applying (I think, I’m still kinda 60/40 with it) for History too! Interested in Newnham and Pembroke :smile:
I’d LOVE to go to Cambridge but if not I’ll be fine, St Andrews has been the dream for me longer than Cambridge has.
(above everything else aren’t you so excited to study History at degree level?? I actually can’t wait!)
Reply 5
Original post by justjas33
I’m applying (I think, I’m still kinda 60/40 with it) for History too! Interested in Newnham and Pembroke :smile:
I’d LOVE to go to Cambridge but if not I’ll be fine, St Andrews has been the dream for me longer than Cambridge has.
(above everything else aren’t you so excited to study History at degree level?? I actually can’t wait!)

HI!

So nice to meet someone else who loves history. Had a look at every college and Newnham was the one that I stuck with, I just got the feels and couldn't think of applying to anywhere else!
I'm the same, if I get in I will be so happy but if not I'd love to go to York as that's a lovely place too!
Cambridge has only really been a dream since September (mental to think that was almost a year ago) so I guess I won't be too let down if it doesn't work out...

If you like Newnham you could always join a thread I made. Think it was called something like Newnham 2021. Haven't been on it in ages but hopefully it will become more active in the coming weeks when we all get ready to put an application in. Even if you don't end up there it's always nice to get to know like-minded people!

Can't wait to study history, wherever I may be when I do. People think I'm strange for being so excited but I love the subject so much I just can't lol
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Nevi
HI!

So nice to meet someone else who loves history. Had a look at every college and Newnham was the one that I stuck with, I just got the feels and couldn't think of applying to anywhere else!
I'm the same, if I get in I will be so happy but if not I'd love to go to York as that's a lovely place too!
Cambridge has only really been a dream since September (mental to think that was almost a year ago) so I guess I won't be too let down if it doesn't work out...

If you like Newnham you could always join a thread I made. Think it was called something like Newnham 2021. Haven't been on it in ages but hopefully it will become more active in the coming weeks when we all get ready to put an application in. Even if you don't end up there it's always nice to get to know like-minded people!

Can't wait to study history, wherever I may be when I do. People think I'm strange for being so excited but I love the subject so much I just can't lol

Ah I completely get it! Cambridge is amazing but there’s some other amazing unis out there, it’s always good to keep an open mind :smile:
Ohh I’d love to! I’m waiting for results day on Thursday to help me decide whether to actually 100% go for Cambridge so I’ll defo join then (or not welp) if everything works out😊
Ahah literally, most people around me or have spoken to find History so boring and I’m like ??? it’s acc awesome

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending