The Student Room Group

what type of headache is this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ciel.
are they different from otc painkillers? will give them a try then thanks

ugh, gtfo troll

Not really, they contain mostly paracetamol and codeine which numbs the pain but they're still useful as they include other bits which target the actual migraine per se.
Original post by Anonymous
But I have to wee

:colonhash:
(edited 3 years ago)
I would definitely speak to a doctor about this
Original post by Ciel.
when it's like in the back part of your head, a throbbing, severe type of pain that makes your eyes burn, and causes your vision to go a bit blurry, and when leaning over makes the pain a million times worse? otc painkillers don't seem to help, codeine based do help a little but the headache tend goes away after 1-2h in any event, only to return after like a 2h break? the cycle then repeats itself many times, and lasts several days. are these like tension headaches? migraines?

Hope you are feeling better Ciel. 🤗
Reply 23
Original post by black tea
I would definitely speak to a doctor about this

they'd probably suggest a head scan or something like that so i don't want to..
Original post by 5hyl33n
Hope you are feeling better Ciel. 🤗

yeah, i'm feeling better today, thanks
Original post by Ciel.
they'd probably suggest a head scan or something like that so i don't want to..

why?
Reply 25
why?

they make me really uncomfortable, i guess
Original post by Ciel.
they make me really uncomfortable, i guess

Scans? They are very rarely done for headaches and even if you end up needing one, it might find a cause for your headaches.
E194E428-B038-460F-A53C-96E2FF723361.jpg.jpeg
Reply 28
Scans? They are very rarely done for headaches and even if you end up needing one, it might find a cause for your headaches.

really? so what do they do?
Original post by Designeddeath
E194E428-B038-460F-A53C-96E2FF723361.jpg.jpeg

mine doesn't really fit into any of those categories 😾
Original post by Ciel.
really? so what do they do?

Ask you questions, sometimes examine you. Then decide whether or not you need to be referred for a scan or to neurology, or if there are things they can prescribe you in primary care. There are many medications that are prescription only that might help, depending on what is causing the headaches.
sounds like the type of migraines i used to suffer with. put a cold ice pack on ur head and drink loads of water. sit in a dark room. the doctor gave me pizotifen to take at night to prevent them the next day and they seemed to work. I wanted to get off medication so i pierced the “daith” part of my ear as a means of acupuncture. this worked and i haven’t had a migraine since!
Reply 31
Ask you questions, sometimes examine you. Then decide whether or not you need to be referred for a scan or to neurology, or if there are things they can prescribe you in primary care. There are many medications that are prescription only that might help, depending on what is causing the headaches.

i see, thanks
Original post by Anonymous
sounds like the type of migraines i used to suffer with. put a cold ice pack on ur head and drink loads of water. sit in a dark room. the doctor gave me pizotifen to take at night to prevent them the next day and they seemed to work. I wanted to get off medication so i pierced the “daith” part of my ear as a means of acupuncture. this worked and i haven’t had a migraine since!

really? i thought that was a myth. i love piercings tho so might give it a try, lol
Original post by Ciel.
mine doesn't really fit into any of those categories 😾

Sorry :frown:
Original post by Ciel.
when it's like in the back part of your head, a throbbing, severe type of pain that makes your eyes burn, and causes your vision to go a bit blurry, and when leaning over makes the pain a million times worse? otc painkillers don't seem to help, codeine based do help a little but the headache tend goes away after 1-2h in any event, only to return after like a 2h break? the cycle then repeats itself many times, and lasts several days. are these like tension headaches? migraines?

Migraine :smile: I had one yesterday .

Quick Reply

Latest