The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2020 - Discussion and Help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good luck guys!!

I’m in England so I did A Levels but I hope you all get what you need to progress to what you want to do. I’ve still got to wait another 10 days for my results and honestly, it’s all I’ve been thinking about recently so I’m hoping that both SQA and Offqual know what they’re doing with the systems they’ve put in place.
I’ve been suppressing thoughts about it all summer, but now I feel sick and have no idea what to do, I have no idea how I’m going to make it through Monday
Hi everyone :wavey:

I can't believe it's August already, and I can't believe it's SQA results day tomorrow where does the time go. :eek:

I just wanted to take a minute and wish everyone receiving results tomorrow the best of luck from the whole TSR team. We know it's been a crazy, difficult and uncertain year, and we hope you get everything you deserve and need to progress to bigger and better things.

Remember, no matter what happens tomorrow, you have options and nothing is closed to you. There are #nowrongpaths.

Everyone here at TSR is rooting for you and is available to support. If you have any questions about your results or your future, or you just want to come on and tell everyone how you did, remember we are all here for you!

Good luck tomorrow everyone!!!!

EH
Best wishes to everyone getting their SQA exam results tomorrow.
May the postie (or the app) bring you the very best of news!

Whatever grades you get, remember that tomorrow is just
one more step along life's journey, and there are #nowrongpaths
Hey everyone!! Good luck with your results tomorrow!!

Please do come on here and tell us how things went!!
I’m not going to lie I feel sort of on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I’ve not felt panic like this in a long time but it’s just not knowing in the slightest what’s going to happen that’s really making me nervous. I want to put a stake in the ground and say I passed Higher English - reason for this being I got an email from college about the SCP course I will be doing as part of S6, saying that I fulfilled my conditions. One of which was to pass Higher English. So maybe that means something?

Ok, predictions:
H. English: C
H. Drama: B
H. History: B

I was also doing H. Politics and N5. Maths but I ended up dropping them both as they were causing me too much stress. This may be a bit detrimental to how many qualifications I’m guessing but I didn’t want to sacrifice my mental wellbeing for a qualification.
Yea being HN is weird....I got my SQA results about 2 months ago :tongue:
I got AAAA in french, english, history and philosophy at prelims but a C in drama (our teacher didn’t teach us the exam technique even tho i revised loads and we didn’t have a performance exam). My english and philosophy were band one and my history was near band one but i’m a bit anxious they might give me a B in french (i need AAAAA for uni) as I just made A and idk how their are standardising achievement across the country ahhhh. I also rly hope i’ll get an A in drama bc i think my filmed rehearsal was ok and i sent a second prelim type paper in during lockdown which i think he is using as our evidence as believe it or not my C (51%) was the best mark in the class (I think). I guess I’m just looking for reassurance haha sending best wishes to everyone getting their results.
Original post by lizzyh123321
I got AAAA in french, english, history and philosophy at prelims but a C in drama (our teacher didn’t teach us the exam technique even tho i revised loads and we didn’t have a performance exam). My english and philosophy were band one and my history was near band one but i’m a bit anxious they might give me a B in french (i need AAAAA for uni) as I just made A and idk how their are standardising achievement across the country ahhhh. I also rly hope i’ll get an A in drama bc i think my filmed rehearsal was ok and i sent a second prelim type paper in during lockdown which i think he is using as our evidence as believe it or not my C (51%) was the best mark in the class (I think). I guess I’m just looking for reassurance haha sending best wishes to everyone getting their results.

Same i got really good grades in most of my subjects but low in drama and maths :s-smilie:.
Reply 31
Hmm, I'm feeling pretty confident about computing and graphic communication and think I should get an A. Physics I think I got a B during my prelims so I am still fairly confident about that, but maths I got a C (59% :frown:) and whilst I would be normally confident that that would go to a B, I did really bad on my homework as I'm really guilty of cramming my revision into the final few months.
I need ABBB to get into my first choice, and BBBB for my insurance.
Original post by Homeschooler757
Tbh I'm a bit scared to predict my grades as I have no clue what im in for :smile:. With everything being up in the air this year.

Yep, is certainly a bit of a different this year with lots less to go on :redface: Feel free to even add what you'd like to get or think you would have got if you'd been able to sit them as planned :smile:
Original post by NE1
Good luck guys!!

I’m in England so I did A Levels but I hope you all get what you need to progress to what you want to do. I’ve still got to wait another 10 days for my results and honestly, it’s all I’ve been thinking about recently so I’m hoping that both SQA and Offqual know what they’re doing with the systems they’ve put in place.

Original post by 学生の父

Best wishes to everyone getting their SQA exam results tomorrow.
May the postie (or the app) bring you the very best of news!

Whatever grades you get, remember that tomorrow is just
one more step along life's journey, and there are #nowrongpaths

Original post by Evil Homer
Hi everyone :wavey:

I can't believe it's August already, and I can't believe it's SQA results day tomorrow where does the time go. :eek:

I just wanted to take a minute and wish everyone receiving results tomorrow the best of luck from the whole TSR team. We know it's been a crazy, difficult and uncertain year, and we hope you get everything you deserve and need to progress to bigger and better things.

Remember, no matter what happens tomorrow, you have options and nothing is closed to you. There are #nowrongpaths.

Everyone here at TSR is rooting for you and is available to support. If you have any questions about your results or your future, or you just want to come on and tell everyone how you did, remember we are all here for you!

Good luck tomorrow everyone!!!!

EH

Thanks for all your good luck messages! :smile:
In all honesty. meaningless. My sons will get what a teacher THINKS. Then the SQA may or may not change that. SQA REALLY need to have a plan in place for next year and not just cancel them as quickly as they did this year. Social distancing was EASY to achieve in every school in Scotland for exams.
Original post by thepunmaster.e
I’ve been suppressing thoughts about it all summer, but now I feel sick and have no idea what to do, I have no idea how I’m going to make it through Monday

Hope you managed to take your mind off it today :console: Not long to go now :redface:
Original post by Labrador99
Yep, is certainly a bit of a different this year with lots less to go on :redface: Feel free to even add what you'd like to get or think you would have got if you'd been able to sit them as planned :smile:

I took Nat5 English, Biology, Chemistry and Drama. And Higher Maths. Most of my prelims went really well and in the nationals Im hoping for (In order) A, A*,A*and an A/B depending on how my practical went :s-smilie:. But in my Maths prelim they gave me the wrong paper! So I lost a lot of time and was not able to finish. I told my teacher and was aloud to sit an at home prelim and got a mush higher grade:h:. But now SQA have said that teachers should not trust at home prelims so I'm terified. But what can ya do :dontknow:
Original post by aingidh
I’m not going to lie I feel sort of on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I’ve not felt panic like this in a long time but it’s just not knowing in the slightest what’s going to happen that’s really making me nervous. I want to put a stake in the ground and say I passed Higher English - reason for this being I got an email from college about the SCP course I will be doing as part of S6, saying that I fulfilled my conditions. One of which was to pass Higher English. So maybe that means something?

Ok, predictions:
H. English: C
H. Drama: B
H. History: B

I was also doing H. Politics and N5. Maths but I ended up dropping them both as they were causing me too much stress. This may be a bit detrimental to how many qualifications I’m guessing but I didn’t want to sacrifice my mental wellbeing for a qualification.

Not knowing is definitely the worst :s-smilie: Wait is nearly over, but when you do get the results through tomorrow, let us know if we can help at all :smile:

Hope that you get the grades you want tomorrow, but also your last line there is definitely worth keeping in mind! :smile:
Original post by StriderHort
Yea being HN is weird....I got my SQA results about 2 months ago :tongue:

Definitely don't envy anyone needing to get them in these circumstances :hide: That said, whatever happens for everyone getting results tomorrow, it will be okay :yep:
Original post by lizzyh123321

Hope you get the grades you want tomorrow - we're all rooting for you & there will be people here who can help and offer advice no matter what the piece of paper/text/email says :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest