The Student Room Group

Nursing, Student Finance not paying tuition fees?

Hello,

I have just got my confirmation letter of the payments to be scheduled but it tells me they will not be funding my tuition fees?

I have only used 2 years of the funding on previous courses, and had taken time off to decide which was the right track. Now I have been accepted into Teesside and the payments are scheduled but they will not fund the years nor tell me why?

Has anyone else had this problem?
Hello,

There is some really helpful advice on the Teesside University website on funding here. Alternatively you can contact the University for advice on 01642 342277 or email: [email protected]. We would however in the case of funding enquiries suggest you speak to student finance on 0300 100 0607 - they are really helpful and also have a twitter account you can contact them on - but if urgent you should give them a call :smile:

Hope this helps!

- Teesside University Social Intern
Original post by wowo2
Hello,

I have just got my confirmation letter of the payments to be scheduled but it tells me they will not be funding my tuition fees?

I have only used 2 years of the funding on previous courses, and had taken time off to decide which was the right track. Now I have been accepted into Teesside and the payments are scheduled but they will not fund the years nor tell me why?

Hi, eligible students receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year. If you have used 2 additional years (2 years of previous study) then you will have to self fund the first year of your new course unless you have evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, eligible students receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year. If you have used 2 additional years (2 years of previous study) then you will have to self fund the first year of your new course unless you have evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac

I thought that student finance funded all nursing courses? even if people have a second degree, as I've spoke with people who are starting in September and they've got degrees in other fields? And are also getting Student Finance funding for all 3 years. How does that work?
Original post by wowo2
I thought that student finance funded all nursing courses? even if people have a second degree, as I've spoke with people who are starting in September and they've got degrees in other fields? And are also getting Student Finance funding for all 3 years. How does that work?

You never mentioned you were on a Nursing course apart from the thread title so SFe probably didn’t see the title.

If you are on a nursing course you will be funded
Original post by wowo2

Hi @SFE Isaac please can you clarify with some official guidance for @wowo2 :smile:

@wowo2 - please feel free to also drop onto our online chat (live weekdays 9-430) at tees.ac.uk and we can go through this with you.
Original post by wowo2
Hello,

Original post by Teesside University
Hi @SFE Isaac please can you clarify with some official guidance for @wowo2 :smile:

@wowo2 - please feel free to also drop onto our online chat (live weekdays 9-430) at tees.ac.uk and we can go through this with you.

Hi, sorry I didn't see it said Nursing in the subject as @murpo mentioned.

Nursing courses are exception courses so your previous study doesn't affect your eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 7

Nursing courses are exception courses so your previous study doesn't affect your eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac

Just wondering if you know what does affect eligibility? (I've contacted my local SF to find out but as they aren't taking calls at the moment I'm waiting an email) as they have got back to me to say that I'm not getting funding for the course, and they didn't actually tell me why!
Original post by wowo2
Just wondering if you know what does affect eligibility? (I've contacted my local SF to find out but as they aren't taking calls at the moment I'm waiting an email) as they have got back to me to say that I'm not getting funding for the course, and they didn't actually tell me why!

Residency can affect eligibility and if you have repeated the same exception course many many times then our assessors can decide not to award funding.
Please message us on Twitter/Faceebook with your name and CRN and we will review your account or alternatively call us on 0300 100 607. It currently takes us around 40 minutes to respond on Facebook/Twitter.
Thanks, Isaac

Thanks, Isaac

Reply 10
Residency can affect eligibility and if you have repeated the same exception course many many times then our assessors can decide not to award funding.
Please message us on Twitter/Faceebook with your name and CRN and we will review your account or alternatively call us on 0300 100 607. It currently takes us around 40 minutes to respond on Facebook/Twitter.
Thanks, Isaac

I just got an email back from my local Student Finance (Ballymena) and they have told me that since I applied for two separate finances on 2015 + 2018 I will not be eligible for tuition toward this one. My last two courses were in Humanities, so not exception courses! I'm feeling really frustrated as I know of 2 people from the same Finance branch have previously studied humanities degrees had funding for all 3, then went on to study nursing using the same branch and had been awarded all 6 years of funding. It seems rather unfair but it looks likely that I may have to withdraw as I will not be able to afford the tuition fees
Original post by wowo2
I just got an email back from my local Student Finance (Ballymena) and they have told me that since I applied for two separate finances on 2015 + 2018 I will not be eligible for tuition toward this one. My last two courses were in Humanities, so not exception courses! I'm feeling really frustrated as I know of 2 people from the same Finance branch have previously studied humanities degrees had funding for all 3, then went on to study nursing using the same branch and had been awarded all 6 years of funding. It seems rather unfair but it looks likely that I may have to withdraw as I will not be able to afford the tuition fees

Ballymena is Student Finance Northern Ireland.

If you are with Student Finance Northern Ireland then we advise you to contact them as they have different regulations to us.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending