The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Master's applicants, how long did it take you to hear back?

It'll be five weeks on Sunday since I applied. They say they'll get back to you within four weeks, so if there's nothing on Monday, then I think I'm gonna contact admissions. The wait is killing me!
It really depends on the university and the time you have applied (which is a little late to be readily accepted). Most of the offers I received took less than 3 weeks, however, I had one that took exactly 2 months to give me an offer. Try to not overthink it. If you have a good CV, you may take the place. This is the month when Universities confirm which students accept the offers. They may be waiting to verify if there is an available place to give you.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by wheato
It'll be five weeks on Sunday since I applied. They say they'll get back to you within four weeks, so if there's nothing on Monday, then I think I'm gonna contact admissions. The wait is killing me!

Have you heard anything yet?
Original post by Karolali
Have you heard anything yet?

I got an email last week saying that they won't accept my HEAR as a transcript, which is annoying as that's what my uni gave me as my transcript.
So I've had to buy my transcript from my old university and I'm waiting for that to arrive now so I can scan it and upload it to my application.
Reply 4
Original post by LuísTA
It really depends on the university and the time you have applied (which is a little late to be readily accepted). Most of the offers I received took less than 3 weeks, however, I had one that took exactly 2 months to give me an offer. Try to not overthink it. If you have a good CV, you may take the place. This is the month when Universities confirm which students accept the offers. They may be waiting to verify if there is an available place to give you.

Then there is hope for me too :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by wheato
I got an email last week saying that they won't accept my HEAR as a transcript, which is annoying as that's what my uni gave me as my transcript.
So I've had to buy my transcript from my old university and I'm waiting for that to arrive now so I can scan it and upload it to my application.

That is quite annoying I would say. Have your old university given you a timeframe?
One uni took 1 week.

The other (which I was studying at) took 6 weeks.
That is quite annoying I would say. Have your old university given you a timeframe?

Up to 20 working days from when I ordered it, but most likely within 10. Hopefully I'll get a quick decision though once I upload it as they've seen my application now.
Reply 8
Original post by wheato
Up to 20 working days from when I ordered it, but most likely within 10. Hopefully I'll get a quick decision though once I upload it as they've seen my application now.

What does it say on your application portal?
What does it say on your application portal?

Still says that it's being processed
Mine too, but i only applied recently. Hope we both get in. What course again did you apply for?
Mine too, but i only applied recently. Hope we both get in. What course again did you apply for?

Mathematical and theoretical physics, you?

Quick Reply

Latest