The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2020 - Discussion and Help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Labrador99
Morning Kubsyy :wavey: How you doing this morning?

I’m good, nervously waiting for my results :biggrin: you?
(edited 3 years ago)
Morning Kubsyy :wavey: How you doing this morning?

Will we have a lot of people telling us about how their exams went today? I dont think many people have posted apart from Kubsyy and a few others
Original post by Kubsyy
I’m good, nervously waiting for my results :biggrin: you?

Glad you're good! Not long to go now, and it will at least be the end of a very long wait! :redface:
Original post by bored_user:)
Will we have a lot of people telling us about how their exams went today? I dont think many people have posted apart from Kubsyy and a few others

Usually, yes :smile: There's not loads to say this year, with nobody really having anything to go on/no exams to be discussed, but I would anticipate that people will start sharing their results/seeking advice over the next few hours :smile:
Feel bad for folk getting their results today. The SQA are utterly utterly shameless. As I understand it the external verification they do is based on the past performances of a school as a whole, as opposed to the past performances of you the individual pupil. So if you go to a school in a working class area, where attainment overall might be pretty poor, then the SQA are going to essentially base grades on that... which means some unlucky folk are going to be victims of class discrimination.

Social class is alive and well folks. Smash capitalism.

Good luck.
Usually, yes :smile: There's not loads to say this year, with nobody really having anything to go on/no exams to be discussed, but I would anticipate that people will start sharing their results/seeking advice over the next few hours :smile:

Yeah, there were a lot of people sharing their results it was really fun.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by weeryza2
Feel bad for folk getting their results today. The SQA are utterly utterly shameless. As I understand it the external verification they do is based on the past performances of a school as a whole, as opposed to the past performances of you the individual pupil. So if you go to a school in a working class area, where attainment overall might be pretty poor, then the SQA are going to essentially base grades on that... which means some unlucky folk are going to be victims of class discrimination.

Social class is alive and well folks. Smash capitalism.

Good luck.

Definitely keen to see the documents outlining the methods of what they did today (no idea why these only come out today but that's the SQA for you :redface:)

ahh thats cool
Definitely keen to see the documents outlining the methods of what they did today (no idea why these only come out today but that's the SQA for you :redface:)

Fairly simple reason I imagine. So that by the time they release the documents outlining how exactly the moderation process works, it will already be too late because folk will have received their exam results already.
Original post by weeryza2
Fairly simple reason I imagine. So that by the time they release the documents outlining how exactly the moderation process works, it will already be too late because folk will have received their exam results already.

Yeah - not really putting the candidates first :s-smilie:
Yeah - not really putting the candidates first :s-smilie:

The way I see this whole shambles is fairly straight forward. It's really to stop too many working class kids getting into university. Can't see any other reason why they'd go with such a discriminatory model.
Now that it's nearly 8am, just remember that texts & emails will arrive from 8am - it can sometimes take a wee while depending on your provider.

Good luck everyone!
8:00 am :redface:
Good luck to you all today - wishing you all the best :h:
My friend got his result from text...
Original post by Kubsyy

oh wow! How did he do? Did he get what he was predicted?
Original post by bored_user:)
oh wow! How did he do? Did he get what he was predicted?

Yep exactly as he was predicted
Original post by Kubsyy

Hope it was good news for them :smile:

You waiting on text, email or both?
Hope it was good news for them :smile:

You waiting on text, email or both?

Email, I’m dumb that I didn’t sign up for text because email didn’t arrive yet.
Original post by Kubsyy
Yep exactly as he was predicted

Oh wowww. that is very good! Does he go to a good school?

Hoping you get what you expected too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending