The Student Room Group

Lambeth College Access to Medicine 2020/2021

Hello!
Is anyone applying for course this year?

It would be great to connect with others that are...

Scroll to see replies

Hi

I am considering doing so :smile:
Reply 2
I can help especially in assignments writing
Have you already done yours?
Reply 4
Original post by efii
Have you already done yours?

My application? Not yet. I've applied through the web and been in to an open day and had a good chat with the course leaders. I think the assesment / interview days start in a month or so.

I aasume, like myself, you're applying to Medicine post-course? I noticed you're studying at UCL - do you intend to finish because I think most med schools won't accept students with access courses that already have degrees...?
I’m interested in studying dentistry :smile: I haven’t applied to the access course yet.

Which unis say you can’t have a degree and do the access course?

I finished UCL ages ago. I’m in my late 20s.
Reply 6
Dentistry. That's Great!

I meant it more for medince - I think most are inclined to turn you away with a dgree and access course. With a degree you're expected to apply via the graduate entry route. Not sure if any of this applies to dentistry...
I’m going to ring up the unis and email them too to confirm it’s okay for me to do the access course even tho I have a degree. I’ll tell you what they say

I know I can apply to Barts with the credentials I have right now so that’s one of my four choices :smile:

So tell me a little bit about you..have you start volunteering or got work experience organised or done any prep for the application?
(edited 4 years ago)
Anyone heard anything in regards to their interview yet?
Original post by lemonsqueezer
Anyone heard anything in regards to their interview yet?

I applied today. Apparently, I'll hear from them in the next 6 working days regarding my interview. I shall tell you if I hear back. I applied to City and Islington tho.
Reply 10
Original post by farahkhan92
I applied today. Apparently, I'll hear from them in the next 6 working days regarding my interview. I shall tell you if I hear back. I applied to City and Islington tho.

Hi hows it going?
I've had an email about online interview taking place soon, and also an online assessment - have you take yours already?
I can't seem to log on to take it and I've been trying to get through to them for a week!
Original post by KimCW
Hi hows it going?
I've had an email about online interview taking place soon, and also an online assessment - have you take yours already?
I can't seem to log on to take it and I've been trying to get through to them for a week!

Hi

I’m okay and you?

Did you apply to City and Islington or Lambeth?

I have not heard back from them yet. When did you apply? Good luck with the interview and online assessment :smile:

Have you tried ringing them?
Reply 12
I’ve applied to both actually. CandI said they had received my application and the tracking page on my profile says awaiting interview but I haven’t received interview or assessment date/info yet -have you?Re Lambeth assessment, I just can’t get through to anyone. The phone numbers all ring through to an engage tone after the initial recorded message And I’ve tried all the emails and online chat-nothing. In a last ditch attempt to speak to anyone I’ve texted the hearing impaired number but nothing yet either....How have you been preparing for your assessments? Any updates on interviews?
Reply 13
Hello all

Super stoked that this thread is still active. Covid left me feeling hopeless about applying this year - it's only in the past couple of days that I've just had a second wind and just booked my UCAT for September.

Lambeth haven't been the best at communicating with their applicants as to their options for entry onto the course this year. I did manage to get hold of someone a month back via their web chat where they said assessments and interviews would be taking place online - this has been confirmed on their site:

'Interviews are still taking place and all new 16-18 applicants will be scheduled an interview remotely via Microsoft Teams enabling applicants to meet their teacher and talk about the course and their options. 19+ applicants can take their maths and English (BKSB) assessments online, before being offered a remote interview.'.

Still, I feel uneasy about the lack of direct communication. I mean, they have to be in August as the course starts in September, right?

I'm very much about reassessing my strategy. I've applied to CANDI today, I'll be looking at applying for other access course and, I'm recontacting my chosen medical schools to confirm that they still accept my proposed courses.

@KimCW
BBC bitesize (Higher) Should get you through the assessment.
Original post by KimCW
I’ve applied to both actually. CandI said they had received my application and the tracking page on my profile says awaiting interview but I haven’t received interview or assessment date/info yet -have you?Re Lambeth assessment, I just can’t get through to anyone. The phone numbers all ring through to an engage tone after the initial recorded message And I’ve tried all the emails and online chat-nothing. In a last ditch attempt to speak to anyone I’ve texted the hearing impaired number but nothing yet either....How have you been preparing for your assessments? Any updates on interviews?

I have only applied to CANDI! Makes me feel a little better that I’m not being ignored seeing as I’m at the same place in the process as you. I am still awaiting an interview :smile:

I didn’t even know there were assessments! I haven’t done any preparation so far. Candi told me everyone is on holidays and they won’t be back into the office until GSCE results day.
Original post by Zurc
Hello all

Super stoked that this thread is still active. Covid left me feeling hopeless about applying this year - it's only in the past couple of days that I've just had a second wind and just booked my UCAT for September.

Lambeth haven't been the best at communicating with their applicants as to their options for entry onto the course this year. I did manage to get hold of someone a month back via their web chat where they said assessments and interviews would be taking place online - this has been confirmed on their site:

'Interviews are still taking place and all new 16-18 applicants will be scheduled an interview remotely via Microsoft Teams enabling applicants to meet their teacher and talk about the course and their options. 19+ applicants can take their maths and English (BKSB) assessments online, before being offered a remote interview.'.

Still, I feel uneasy about the lack of direct communication. I mean, they have to be in August as the course starts in September, right?

I'm very much about reassessing my strategy. I've applied to CANDI today, I'll be looking at applying for other access course and, I'm recontacting my chosen medical schools to confirm that they still accept my proposed courses.

@KimCW
BBC bitesize (Higher) Should get you through the assessment.

I wish there was a lot more communication as well :smile: have you applied to both Lambeth and Candi?
Reply 16
I wish there was a lot more communication as well :smile: have you applied to both Lambeth and Candi?

Yes, applied to both. I spoke to Candi a couple of days ago and they said their interviews / assessments will be from the 20th of August. Have you booked your UCAT yet? How are you finding it?
Original post by Zurc
Yes, applied to both. I spoke to Candi a couple of days ago and they said their interviews / assessments will be from the 20th of August. Have you booked your UCAT yet? How are you finding it?

I have booked my UCAT. 11th Sept. I haven’t started revising for it yet. Have you? I don’t know what resources to use..

What’s your first choice? Lambeth or Candi?
Reply 18
I have booked my UCAT. 11th Sept. I haven’t started revising for it yet. Have you? I don’t know what resources to use..

What’s your first choice? Lambeth or Candi?

Geez, that's cutting it close - it's not like your usual type of test... In terms of resources, I would start by looking at the UCAS website - it will guide in the way of what's expected of you. Have a look a Medify, you have to pay for it but I've found it to be the most comprehensive resource yet.
Original post by Zurc
Geez, that's cutting it close - it's not like your usual type of test... In terms of resources, I would start by looking at the UCAS website - it will guide in the way of what's expected of you. Have a look a Medify, you have to pay for it but I've found it to be the most comprehensive resource yet.

Am I though? I think I have enough time to revise.. it’s an aptitude test.. there isn’t much you can do.. or so I feel..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending