The Student Room Group

BTEC Results Day 2020: Chat Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lshort17
In my first year i got a single grade as they split the course up so i had a foundation dip. Out of it so if i decided to scrap the second year i would still end up with a grade. Then you will get an overall grade next year.

However this might be different for different colleges

is this for National Extended Diploma
Original post by Keri00Summers
is this for National Extended Diploma

Yes im getting the full extended dip this year. I dont know if it was just my college that split it in two
Original post by Lshort17
Yes im getting the full extended dip this year. I dont know if it was just my college that split it in two

Do check with your college though as it may be different. Will be interesting to hear if they do it differently
for this year?

How many years into your course are you? (sorry, I assumed you had completed and should have asked!)
Original post by brainzistheword
How many years into your course are you? (sorry, I assumed you had completed and should have asked!)

a total of two years
this year is my first year and september onwards would be my second year
BTEC Results Day 2020: Chat Thread :woo:

In the countdown to Results Day let's get to know everyone - and what better way than a Chat Thread! Talk about anything BTEC; your hopes/fears, any questions before the big day, and more importantly - try to relax. This post will be updated regularly with advice and FAQs to support you but for now, feel free to introduce yourselves :yep:

Introduce yourself
1. Level of study?
2. Course/subject?

Next Steps:
3. What are your plans once you get your results? (Next level, apprenticeship, university etc.)

If you're planning on going to university:
4. What university is your firm/insurance?
5. Which subject?
6. What grades are required?
7. Going to uni this year or taking a gap year?

General:
8. What grades are you predicted?
9. How are you feeling about results day?
10. Anything else to add?

Useful Info and FAQs
If there's anything in particular that you would like to see included here, let us know and we'll add it in!

The Essential Guide to BTEC Results

Headstart on Clearing - A Guide for BTEC Students

UCAS Track on Results Day 2020

1) Level 3 Extended Diploma
2) Applied Science
3) University
4) University of Wolverhampton
5) Biological science
6) MPP
7) This year
8) D*DD
9) I am a little nervous, my place of study has not decided how they want to send the results. I am very impatient.
10) The chemistry exam was rough, haha.
a total of two years
this year is my first year and september onwards would be my second year

Ah, in that case it could vary depending on how your college works (as @Lshort17 says). Did you get any notes/background at the start, covering how your college structures their course?
Original post by Bree Delahaye
1) Level 3 Extended Diploma
2) Applied Science
3) University
4) University of Wolverhampton
5) Biological science
6) MPP
7) This year
8) D*DD
9) I am a little nervous, my place of study has not decided how they want to send the results. I am very impatient.
10) The chemistry exam was rough, haha.

Best of luck! :smile:

What are your options in terms of collecting results? I can imagine it's not ideal when there's already so much uncertainty!
Post, telephone or email 😅 we have been told so many diffrent things.
Best of luck! :smile:

What are your options in terms of collecting results? I can imagine it's not ideal when there's already so much uncertainty!

Getting mine put on ProPortal apparently which i hate. Would rather get it through post or text as i know that i would receive it then
How is everyone feeling about results day? I'm in year 12 doing Health and Social Care :biggrin:

Good luck!
Original post by Hazelly
How is everyone feeling about results day? I'm in year 12 doing Health and Social Care :biggrin:

Good luck!

same here
what grade are you hoping to get?
same here
what grade are you hoping to get?

Hopefully a distinction. How about you?
Original post by Hazelly
Hopefully a distinction. How about you?

DM or higher
DM or higher

Do you get two grades with yours?
Original post by Hazelly
Do you get two grades with yours?

yeah i think so
since i do National Extended Diploma
yeah i think so
since i do National Extended Diploma

Oh that makes sense :smile:
BTEC Results Day 2020: Chat Thread :woo:

In the countdown to Results Day let's get to know everyone - and what better way than a Chat Thread! Talk about anything BTEC; your hopes/fears, any questions before the big day, and more importantly - try to relax. This post will be updated regularly with advice and FAQs to support you but for now, feel free to introduce yourselves :yep:

Introduce yourself
1. Level of study?
2. Course/subject?

Next Steps:
3. What are your plans once you get your results? (Next level, apprenticeship, university etc.)

If you're planning on going to university:
4. What university is your firm/insurance?
5. Which subject?
6. What grades are required?
7. Going to uni this year or taking a gap year?

General:
8. What grades are you predicted?
9. How are you feeling about results day?
10. Anything else to add?

Useful Info and FAQs
If there's anything in particular that you would like to see included here, let us know and we'll add it in!

The Essential Guide to BTEC Results

Headstart on Clearing - A Guide for BTEC Students

UCAS Track on Results Day 2020

Hey!

So I’m currently in year 12, and expecting a single grade for this year on the 13th of August!

I’m studying a Level 3 National Diploma in Travel and Tourism.

If I get my grade for this year (a D or D*), I am going to be applying to uni! I would be studying International Tourism and Hospitality Management or Event Management.

I don’t know what my predicted grades are, which is a shame! But before lockdown I was on track for a D/D* so fingers crossed!

I’m feeling nervous. I mean if I don’t achieve a D or D*, I can’t go to uni straight away so a lot is riding on this. Other than that I feel good! I put in hours and hours of work so I hope it pays off!

Good luck to everyone else receiving results! :smile:
Original post by Hazelly
Oh that makes sense :smile:

however, if it is a one grade then i might get a D
however, if it is a one grade then i might get a D

Sending lots of luck to you! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending