The Student Room Group

Gcse 2020 - im so confused

Do you think our results will be higher or lower than mocks. I KNOW its different factors but what do you think?
p.s. stressing out lol
I think probably higher cos you would usually make progress from mocks to real exams. Not too sure but there's nothing we can do now so don't stress out too much.
Reply 2
same here! I didn't put much effort into my mocks AT ALL so I'm hoping it'll be higher than what I got. But the teachers will be taking into account the work you've done in class and what not (bookwork, tests...ect) to try and boost it a bit since they know maybe everyone didn't put 100% into mocks.
But don't fret, their it's very unlikely that your grade will get even lower, your teachers will try to improve it as much as possible :smile:
Original post by future_11
Do you think our results will be higher or lower than mocks. I KNOW its different factors but what do you think?
p.s. stressing out lol

Higher. Schools (my school especially) have a rep to uphold of being "good" and since people dont try too hard in the mocks, on average the grades are lower than what would happen in the actual exam. For example, most people got a 5 in the history mock, but if they give them a low grade later, it reflects badly on the teaching of the department
Reply 4
In other years most students do better in the actual GCSE than they do in the mocks and schools will have built this fact into their calculated grades.

Quick Reply

Latest