The Student Room Group

Accenture 2020 Apprenticeship Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Toastedshoes12
Well it seems he has gone off the grid again lol have not got a reply. I am just going to wait now i have chased a lot now xd

They got back in touch to request some documents from me again and when I tried to chase them up to send it, I've not heard anything back at all. I'm so confused ngl xd
Reply 81
Hey!
I start the degree apprenticeship scheme in Newcastle soon too!
It's great to find some other people doing it next year, because so far I literally can't find anyone.
Original post by cjb21
Hey!
It's great to find some other people doing it next year, because so far I literally can't find anyone.

Hi there!

We found another one lol . I made this forum so that anyone who was starting could find the other apprentices aswell so far we have three including yourself. Tell me a bit about your self and why you chose to come onto this scheme?
Original post by cjb21
Hey!

And there's another one! Welcome to the forum :smile:
Reply 84
Hi there!

We found another one lol . I made this forum so that anyone who was starting could find the other apprentices aswell so far we have three including yourself. Tell me a bit about your self and why you chose to come onto this scheme?

Nothing fancy really, I'm from Newcastle and I really didn't know what to do with my life, so I saw this opportunity and took it. I really don't have a technical background, but I guess I must have made a good first impression!
Also, I've been trying to do some of the courses on the my learning platform, but under the software engineering section it says I cant take part in it, is it the same for everyone else?
Original post by cjb21
Nothing fancy really, I'm from Newcastle and I really didn't know what to do with my life, so I saw this opportunity and took it. I really don't have a technical background, but I guess I must have made a good first impression!
Also, I've been trying to do some of the courses on the my learning platform, but under the software engineering section it says I cant take part in it, is it the same for everyone else?

Yeah it says the same for me. If you are not technical you can opt to do an extra year as a foundation to support your technical knowledge.
Original post by cjb21

Whereabouts in Newcastle are you from (if you don't mind me asking!)? There are no courses on offer for me either so I'm slightly unsure of where to start.
Original post by savage_queen
Whereabouts in Newcastle are you from (if you don't mind me asking!)? There are no courses on offer for me either so I'm slightly unsure of where to start.

Same here i am just learning Java on my own because i have heard on a video i watched on you tube that we might learn Java first. I have not heard anything from them in a while have you? Did Jack get back to you on those questions that you asked a while ago?
Same here i am just learning Java on my own because i have heard on a video i watched on you tube that we might learn Java first. I have not heard anything from them in a while have you? Did Jack get back to you on those questions that you asked a while ago?

That sounds good- I was deciding between Java & Python too. They mentioned a few courses at the interview that we could do too, I'll see if I can find them and I'll put them on here. I haven't heard anything from Jack at all :frown: even the support team of the onboarding portal isn't replying to my emails.

Guess it must be extremely busy? Hope we do hear back soon though
That sounds good- I was deciding between Java & Python too. They mentioned a few courses at the interview that we could do too, I'll see if I can find them and I'll put them on here. I haven't heard anything from Jack at all :frown: even the support team of the onboarding portal isn't replying to my emails.

Guess it must be extremely busy? Hope we do hear back soon though

Yeah i guess so, watch how we get bombarded two weeks before our start date lol.
Yeah i guess so, watch how we get bombarded two weeks before our start date lol.

Not looking forward to it 😂😂 have you received any requests to send them additional things( they've asked for my A-level certificates and a few other things)?
Not looking forward to it 😂😂 have you received any requests to send them additional things( they've asked for my A-level certificates and a few other things)?

Yeah i got that yesterday did not take that long, had to complete an internal CV as well.
Yeah i got that yesterday did not take that long, had to complete an internal CV as well.

Same, was unsure if I received it due to being an international student so figured I'd check on here too
Have you been asked to provide an A- level enrollment letter too?
Reply 94

I'm from a little village along the coast, just outside of Newcastle, so not too far away
Reply 95
Yeah it says the same for me. If you are not technical you can opt to do an extra year as a foundation to support your technical knowledge.

Yeah, they didn't bring it up, so I'm not too worried about my knowledge, I'm just trying to teach myself some thing now in preparation (although its harder than i thought!)
Original post by cjb21
I'm from a little village along the coast, just outside of Newcastle, so not too far away

Ah that's lovely!
Have you been asked to provide an A- level enrollment letter too?

Urm not really. Also i have just realised our start date about two weeks away have you guys heard anything or received any information about our first day?
Original post by cjb21
Yeah, they didn't bring it up, so I'm not too worried about my knowledge, I'm just trying to teach myself some thing now in preparation (although its harder than i thought!)

Yeah that is good, but the 4 week boot camp we do at the start will definitely help you with that stuff.
Urm not really. Also i have just realised our start date about two weeks away have you guys heard anything or received any information about our first day?

I have not heard anything from them yet, I wonder when they will get back to us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending