The Student Room Group

Deferred university application

I have deferred an entry to a university which has been firmly accepted however I would now like to be placed into clearing so I can go to another university. Is that still possible and how?
Original post by jordann1
I have deferred an entry to a university which has been firmly accepted however I would now like to be placed into clearing so I can go to another university. Is that still possible and how?

You can only enter clearing when you hold no offers. If you arent interested in going to the deferred one (as seems to be the case), then I suggest you decline them and just enter clearing.

If your place is deferred from Apply 2019 then you need to both ask your firm to withdraw you AND reapply using Apply 2020 to use clearing this year.

Your application will need a reference so don’t delay if this is something that you want to do.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
If your place is deferred from Apply 2019 then you need to both ask your firm to withdraw you AND reapply using Apply 2020 to use clearing this year.

Your application will need a reference so don’t delay if this is something that you want to do.the reference have to be from

Does the reference have to be from a teacher? I have taken an internship this year with an employer and would like to know if I can use them.
Original post by jrdn1
Does the reference have to be from a teacher? I have taken an internship this year with an employer and would like to know if I can use them.

You can use anyone suitable to provide a reference - it doesn't have to be a teacher (although there is a chance that universities might ask for an academic reference later on)
Reply 5
Ok I’ll get onto this right away. Is there a deadline where this all has to be done, I’m kind of worrying right now.
Ok I’ll get onto this right away. Is there a deadline where this all has to be done, I’m kind of worrying right now.

If you want to use clearing then you should get your application submitted asap (ideally by the end of Tuesday to make sure it is processed by UCAS before A level results day on Thursday).

You need your deferred university to withdraw your place before you submit your new application.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
If you want to use clearing then you should get your application submitted asap (ideally by the end of Tuesday to make sure it is processed by UCAS before A level results day on Thursday).

You need your deferred university to withdraw your place before you submit your new application.

Ok thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending