The Student Room Group

Masters - financial support

I have been accepted onto a Masters in Education course (start - sept 2020) and the university have honoured 60 credits from my PGCE, meaning that I only have to complete some of the modules. Essentially, I have already completed a third of the course (60/180 credits).

Student finance have said that I am not eligible for a postgraduate loan through them because I am using the 60 PGCE credits and in order to obtain the loan I will need to be completing the full course. This is beyond frustrating as I am still expected to pay the full amount for the masters, despite only needing to complete some of the modules.

I am looking for suggestions as to where I can get financial support? Has anyone else been in this position... any advice?
I know it's such a stupid rule. I know banks can offer professional development loans, no idea of their Ts & Cs.
Original post by SophMust
I have been accepted onto a Masters in Education course (start - sept 2020) and the university have honoured 60 credits from my PGCE, meaning that I only have to complete some of the modules. Essentially, I have already completed a third of the course (60/180 credits).

Student finance have said that I am not eligible for a postgraduate loan through them because I am using the 60 PGCE credits and in order to obtain the loan I will need to be completing the full course. This is beyond frustrating as I am still expected to pay the full amount for the masters, despite only needing to complete some of the modules.

I am looking for suggestions as to where I can get financial support? Has anyone else been in this position... any advice?

Future finance, but I wouldnt use them.

£10,000 v doing60 credits again.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Future finance, but I wouldnt use them.

£10,000 v doing60 credits again.

Can I ask why would you not use future finance again? :smile: Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending