Has Anyone experience loss in appetite

Watch
Tenacity Deshad
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I usually play basketball but recently over a month and a half I could feel my stamina decreasing and my legs start to shake. Ik it’s cause of I don’t eat frequently but I find it hard to eat when I’m not hungry so I don’t think about it. So I can go the whole day just having bread, cheese and tea and I mostly eat breakfast at 2 am and that’s it. My hunger is non existent but I get extremely thirsty.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
loss of appetite is one of the symptoms of Covid.
Tenacity Deshad
Rep:
?
(Original post by the bear)
loss of appetite is one of the symptoms of Covid.
Oh crap, but I’ve had this for a month and a half now so surely my symptoms would have worsened if it was Covid
dude101010
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Tenacity Deshad)
Oh crap, but I’ve had this for a month and a half now so surely my symptoms would have worsened if it was Covid
if its been that long and you feel alright it probably isnt covid lol.
Have you tried eating fruit or smoothies? try eating some different types of food to see how you feel.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Try smoothies with oats or other grains in them, that will at least give you some energy.
Tenacity Deshad
Rep:
?
(Original post by dude101010)
if its been that long and you feel alright it probably isnt covid lol.
Have you tried eating fruit or smoothies? try eating some different types of food to see how you feel.
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Try smoothies with oats or other grains in them, that will at least give you some energy.

These are really good ideas. Thank you
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
These are really good ideas. Thank you
If you aren't hungry yogurt with oats can be easy to get down and very filling.

I am always forgetting to eat, sometimes it can be days I just don't realise.
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have had a loss of appetite like usually I have my three meals + snacks but now it’s one meal a day, even if I try to eat it I just can’t. I am also not sleeping very well and having more energy in the night. I talked to my doctor she doesn’t think it’s COVID because I don’t have other symptoms but she said it could be iron deficiency, so keep an eye on it and if it gets worse then maybe u should get some iron tablets.
Tenacity Deshad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Geraldthegoat)
I have had a loss of appetite like usually I have my three meals + snacks but now it’s one meal a day, even if I try to eat it I just can’t. I am also not sleeping very well and having more energy in the night. I talked to my doctor she doesn’t think it’s COVID because I don’t have other symptoms but she said it could be iron deficiency, so keep an eye on it and if it gets worse then maybe u should get some iron tablets.
Yh I did have iron deficiency and got in medication and got better. I don’t know if it can still come back. I do sleep a lot though roughly 10-14 hours which usually decreases my day time. So I think that could also be a factor
Tenacity Deshad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
People promoting water fasts have no idea what they are talking about. If you want to permanently lose weight, carry out a 500kcal deficit.
I’m not planning on losing weight actually my aim is to build stamina and muscle mass. I’m just finding it difficult to eat frequently.
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m not planning on losing weight actually my aim is to build stamina and muscle mass. I’m just finding it difficult to eat frequently.
Yea man I replied to the wrong post sorry, I deleted that lol.
jh0opppeeeee0
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
first of all... you dont eat much. As a recovering/recovered anorexic i "forgot" about my hunger and tried burying it away. In personal experience you'll get severe loss of appetite from eating so little [something about the stomach shrinking or something]. Gradually eat more and more . if you suddenly eat a "normal" amount you'll experience bloating and even vomiting. Consuming carbs helped me feel hungrier ..... oml ive been there when your stamina decreases and your body trembles wooowwwww . ive literally fallen during a dance rehearsal rip. frankly, food is super important . Sometimes when I'm not super hungry i drink milk/soy milk or eat a banana. Well tbh, i dont know you too well or how/why you are experiencing a lack of appetite so dont quote me .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (84)
14.46%
I'm not sure (26)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (182)
31.33%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.07%
I'm not a current university student (277)
47.68%

Watched Threads