The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach Executive Officer Interview

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Le1gh82
Thank you all for the tips. When I log onto the portal I cannot see the candidate pack anymore! Can anyone please advise what behaviours the questions are based on so far I only remember "Managing a quality service"? Thank you

Managing a quality service
Communicating and influencing
Making effective decisions
You should be able to find the candidate pack when you click on your application > job description then right to the end of the page under attachments.
Reply 21
Original post by Aysha98x
Managing a quality service
You should be able to find the candidate pack when you click on your application > job description then right to the end of the page under attachments.

Thank you I did my interview this evening, dont think it went well. Hopefully the wait is not too long
Original post by Le1gh82
Thank you I did my interview this evening, dont think it went well. Hopefully the wait is not too long

Fingers crossed, they have a lot of jobs going. I had my interview more than three weeks ago and still waiting to hear back so I think there may be a long wait.
Reply 23
I had my interview 3+ weeks ago so I don’t remember exact questions. But I would advise to keep your examples straight to the point, 3 mins can go fairly quick, and always refer back to the question they ask. The questions they ask will always refer to the behaviour. Like for managing a quality service they may ask ‘give me an example of when you have delivered good customer service?’ or ‘how do you ensure the customer service you are providing is good?’ Both questions refer to the same behaviour and require and example but the way you answer needs to refer back to the question.

Also, with the strengths I recommend you do not rehearse your answers. These are made for natural responses which is why you get 5 seconds to think. They can figure out when you have rehearsed a strength and you can get a low score on it. Be yourself with the strength questions. Theres no right or wrong answer to these as long as you back your answer.

This is incredibly helpful. Thank you very much!

Just a quick question about the strengths - I know you advise not to prepare for them but what is the general style of those questions? Is it advised to use the STAR method to answer for those questions, too? Or is it quite generic? Thanks.
Hi guys

After taking the interview they sent another link to upload further information but that can only be done using a laptop or computer. Does anybody know what that further information is? My laptop is currently broken so I will be using my friends but want to make sure if it requires further documents that I have them prepared.

Thank you
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Le1gh82

Can you suggest the type of questions asked please, part from the 2 on the application form. All the best!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Le1gh82

All the best. Can you tell what are the other questions part from the 2 questions we have already been asked in application.
So all they will do is give you a statement or ask a question. For example the statement may be ‘I prioritise quality over quantity’, and all they’re asking is how much do you agree with that. Remember it’s a natural response. So if you agree with that you say why you do and how briefly. Or if you don’t agree give the reason why and how you work. Whatever you say back it up and be yourself.
An example of a question they may ask can be ‘How much do you agree that a customers needs are put first?’ Again you’ll have to state what you think and why. How you respond to customers do you put their needs first? Do not just answer yes or no it’s not enough.
Strengths are shorter answers compared to behaviours. You do not need to provide an example, just a few sentences.
Good luck with your interview!

Original post by um786
This is incredibly helpful. Thank you very much!

Just a quick question about the strengths - I know you advise not to prepare for them but what is the general style of those questions? Is it advised to use the STAR method to answer for those questions, too? Or is it quite generic? Thanks.
Reply 28
Original post by ZeeMaame
Hi guys

After taking the interview they sent another link to upload further information but that can only be done using a laptop or computer. Does anybody know what that further information is? My laptop is currently broken so I will be using my friends but want to make sure if it requires further documents that I have them prepared.

Thank you

I didnt have an email after I just had to attach a pic of my docs to the actual interview
Reply 29
Does anyone know when the interviews finish for london?
Original post by Le1gh82
I didnt have an email after I just had to attach a pic of my docs to the actual interview

You mean when recording? I had to do that too then I got another email to upload additional information 🤷🏿
Reply 31
Original post by Le1gh82
Thank you all for the tips. When I log onto the portal I cannot see the candidate pack anymore! Can anyone please advise what behaviours the questions are based on so far I only remember "Managing a quality service"? Thank you

Original post by PrittyVacant
Please could I ask which region both of you applied for? Many thanks. I applied for North-East (closing date was 15th July) and my application’s still showing as received, and no interview offer etc.

Have you heard anything yet? I also applied for North East and haven’t heard anything. The feedback and application box has disappeared the jobs portal though.
Original post by Lewshee
Have you heard anything yet? I also applied for North East and haven’t heard anything. The feedback and application box has disappeared the jobs portal though.

No I haven’t heard anything either but I also noticed that. Hopefully this means they’re now sifting?
Original post by PrittyVacant
No I haven’t heard anything either but I also noticed that. Hopefully this means they’re now sifting?

I really hope so!
Does anyone remember if the answer time is 2:30 or 3 minutes for behaviours?
Original post by makkurokurosuke
Does anyone remember if the answer time is 2:30 or 3 minutes for behaviours?

3 mins for behaviours with 30 seconds thinking time, and 2 mins for strengths with 5 seconds thinking time.
Reply 37
So all they will do is give you a statement or ask a question. For example the statement may be ‘I prioritise quality over quantity’, and all they’re asking is how much do you agree with that. Remember it’s a natural response. So if you agree with that you say why you do and how briefly. Or if you don’t agree give the reason why and how you work. Whatever you say back it up and be yourself.
An example of a question they may ask can be ‘How much do you agree that a customers needs are put first?’ Again you’ll have to state what you think and why. How you respond to customers do you put their needs first? Do not just answer yes or no it’s not enough.
Strengths are shorter answers compared to behaviours. You do not need to provide an example, just a few sentences.
Good luck with your interview!

Hi Aysha, I am going to do my interview and your message made me a little bit confused :smile: Is this the way they are asking about three behaviours? I thought they were going to be "describe a time when" or "how would you deal with.." kind of questions and then we would need to provide a statement using STAR method? Or were you talking about strengths questions above?
They will ask you six questions in total. 3 behaviour questions which can be “tell me a time when” or “how do you do xxx?”
These questions require examples.
They will ask you 3 strength questions too which can be a question or statement. For example they may ask “How much do you agree quality over quantity?” And they just want to know your first and true response. It’s only a few sentences that need to be explained what you think, how you work and why. You don’t need an example
Reply 39
They will ask you six questions in total. 3 behaviour questions which can be “tell me a time when” or “how do you do xxx?”
These questions require examples.
They will ask you 3 strength questions too which can be a question or statement. For example they may ask “How much do you agree quality over quantity?” And they just want to know your first and true response. It’s only a few sentences that need to be explained what you think, how you work and why. You don’t need an example

Ohhh I see now. Thank you very much Aysha, it’s really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending