The Student Room Group

I sent a picture of my house to a stranger and I am really scared

I sent a picture of a house to a stranger but I deleted them and now I am worried he has saved it on his phone or something, what should I do?
edit: I sent it because there was a car crash right outside my house, I took a picture, sent it but I didn't think about the house part until it was too late! I deleted it 5 minutes after but I am paranoid the stranger has it saved or something. My house number or street name is not in that picture as it was taken from the side but I am quite paranoid.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wait, why did you send them a photo of your house to begin with.
Tell your parents and ask for a restraining order from the police if you think they’re going to harm
Original post by Cowsforlife12
I sent a picture of a house to a stranger but I deleted them and now I am worried he has saved it on his phone or something, what should I do?

Reflect and ask yourself why you would do such a stupid thing?
That really wasn't the most intelligent thing in the world to do.
Unfortunately now adays, there are alot of people out there, that will look to exploit every possible situation.
Hopefully lesson learnt, and you won't do it again. Good luck. Xx
Did you send a photo of the inside of your home, the front door or focus on something else? :confused:
I'm mildly confused as to why you would send a photo of your house?
Original post by Fermion.
Reflect and ask yourself why you would do such a stupid thing?

I sent it because there was a car crash right outside my house, I took a picture, sent it but I didn't think about the house part until it was too late! I deleted it 5 minutes after but I am paranoid the stranger has it saved or something.
Original post by Karisa96
That really wasn't the most intelligent thing in the world to do.
Unfortunately now adays, there are alot of people out there, that will look to exploit every possible situation.
Hopefully lesson learnt, and you won't do it again. Good luck. Xx

I sent it because there was a car crash right outside my house, I took a picture, sent it but I didn't think about the house part until it was too late! I deleted it 5 minutes after but I am paranoid the stranger has it saved or something. Thanks!
I sent it because there was a car crash right outside my house, I took a picture, sent it but I didn't think about the house part until it was too late! I deleted it 5 minutes after but I am paranoid the stranger has it saved or something.

Well I doubt he’s gonna do much with a picture of your house.
Original post by londonmyst
Did you send a photo of the inside of your home, the front door or focus on something else? :confused:

No, It was more of the side of the house.
did u send a pic of ur house no aswell?cuz that would be over the border of dumb
I sent it because there was a car crash right outside my house, I took a picture, sent it but I didn't think about the house part until it was too late! I deleted it 5 minutes after but I am paranoid the stranger has it saved or something. Thanks!

You'll be fine. It clearly wasn't in context of him trying to find out about the house, and you said it doesn't have any identifiable features.

Nothing's going to happen, don't worry.
Original post by Chocolatecakexx
did u send a pic of ur house no aswell?cuz that would be over the border of dumb

No, it was more of the side of the house, the door number and street name was not visible but I am quite paranoid and worried he may do something to it. I took it because there was a car crash near it but I didn't think my house would be in the pic.
No, It was more of the side of the house.

Is the person that you sent the photo to familiar with your local area?
A person of a similar age to you who you occasionally chat casually with on social media with or a gaming site?
Hey it’s ok :hugs:
It was a mistake, did it have the front view of the house of anything that would make it stand out? If it was the side of your house, lots of houses probably look the same and it wouldn’t identify you very easily.
Please be careful next time! :smile:
why tf would u do that first of all
A person of a similar age to you who you occasionally chat casually with on social media with or a gaming site?

He said he lived in Scotland but I can't go off that as a reliable source. Unsure of the age but from the looks of his posts and interests he looks no more than 16.

They wouldn’t need to be familiar there’s ways to find a place by just searching the picture
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by cc_babyy
They wouldn’t need to be familiar there’s ways to find a place by just searching the picture

I know you mean well, but this isn’t going to make them feel better. They have made a mistake and we need to offer as much positive support as we can :smile:

Original post by Vanessa Chuah
why tf would u do that first of all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending