Should I shoot my shot ?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Basically, there’s a delivery driver that is always really kind and cute and I wanna talk to him.

I don’t know if he’d be interested and I don’t want to make a fool of myself as he comes to my house frequently to deliver.

I’m 17 and a half and he is maybe 20. (It’s hard to tellI his age, he could be slightly older) I don’t know if to just leave it till I’m 18 if he still is delivering as I don’t want the situation to be completely shut down. I don’t wanna mess my shot up.

Should I just go for it or wait ?
Hoodlum123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Wait.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
IDK I don't think you should go for it at all, you don't know anything about hi besides what he does for a job, he could be a young looking 30, engaged and has kids or otherwise already in a relationship for all you know, plus any attempt to find this information out would probably just make him and further encounters with him uncomfortable, especially if you just end up getting rejected.
Last edited by ROTL94; 2 months ago
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically, there’s a delivery driver that is always really kind and cute and I wanna talk to him.

I don’t know if he’d be interested and I don’t want to make a fool of myself as he comes to my house frequently to deliver.

I’m 17 and a half and he is maybe 20. (It’s hard to tellI his age, he could be slightly older) I don’t know if to just leave it till I’m 18 if he still is delivering as I don’t want the situation to be completely shut down. I don’t wanna mess my shot up.

Don't 'shoot your shot'. You don't even know him...
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No you shouldn’t - if a geezer did this to a female delivery driver / worker he’d be called every name under the Sun. don’t do it, and he could lose his job if he accepts your offer.

He probably doesn’t like you anyway and is just being kind
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am not throwing away my shot~
Sorry! Hamilton references are just flying into my head at the sight of your thread title
I wouldn’t, he is at work and this could get him into a lot of trouble if your not careful.
V℮rsions
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
At 17, no. Why would you set a man up for prison?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 2_versions)
At 17, no. Why would you set a man up for prison?
That was definitely not my intention, was only gonna give him my number. Nothing illegal about that but I understand your point and I’m not gonna do it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Moonbow)
I am not throwing away my shot~
Sorry! Hamilton references are just flying into my head at the sight of your thread title
I wouldn’t, he is at work and this could get him into a lot of trouble if your not careful.
Yeah im not trying to get him in any trouble so I’ll just leave it.
The start of your comment about Hamilton made me giggle lol
username2393237
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Stop spamming the forum with stupid threads
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

if you think he's interested, go for it.
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
if you think he's interested, go for it.
Please don’t listen to this poster.

The geezer could lose his job, forget it
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by RaA64)

why in the world would he lose his job?
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
why in the world would he lose his job?
Do you know anything about the real world?🤦🏾*♂️smh

Workers aren’t supposed to do things like that with customers, and if he gets reported he’d lose his job.

The geezer probably doesn’t even like her and is just being kind / nice speaking with a smile but OP thinks he likes her, like lots of guys think a female at a counter likes them because they make a joke
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RaA64)

I’m not gonna do it. I simply just wanted advice.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RaA64)

Workers aren’t supposed to do things like that with customers, and if he gets reported he’d lose his job.

The geezer probably doesn’t even like her and is just being kind / nice speaking with a smile but OP thinks he likes her, like lots of guys think a female at a counter likes them because they make a joke
I never said he liked me. I was just asking for advice.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by RaA64)

more than you, probably.

what are you talking about? there's no law that says you're not allowed to date your delivery driver, lol. not like he's her doctor. people date their drivers, waiters, cleaners etc. all the time.
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
more than you, probably.

what are you talking about? there's no law that says you're not allowed to date your delivery driver, lol. not like he's her doctor. people date their drivers, waiters, cleaners etc. all the time.
Search it up lad
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by RaA64)
Search it up lad
i don't need to. i know what the law is. if you honestly believe i'm wrong then prove it and show some evidence.
username5301604
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Invite me to the wedding, please and thanks.
but only if there is food.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (65)
14.91%
I'm not sure (16)
3.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (147)
33.72%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.61%
I'm not a current university student (201)
46.1%

Watched Threads