Scroll to see replies

They are going live on results day... that's it
They said they deleted their tweet as it was an insensitive use of words
Original post by CrazyJadey2001

Those live shows are not useful enough to be made into a surprise 😬 ugh
Original post by CrazyJadey2001

How very excitin. I can hardly see how that is of any interest to a student.
Original post by LaPregunta
How very excitin. I can hardly see how that is of any interest to a student.

Maybe they'll get to experience the thousands upon thousands of compliant,s questions and general tweets in their mentions.
they're giving everyone the grades they want
Original post by TheStarboy
Maybe they'll get to experience the thousands upon thousands of compliant,s questions and general tweets in their mentions.

I'm suddenly in favour of this live event; I'm always up for a good laugh. The deluge seems inevitable and without their control. I say! this mystery is rather excitin.
Original post by royalty1702
they're giving everyone the grades they want

How shall they divine the grades which every one wants?
I'm suddenly in favour of this live event; I'm always up for a good laugh. The deluge seems inevitable and without their control. I say! this mystery is rather excitin.

They might have second thoughts but I'm guessing they won't. Good luck to them and the unfortunate social media manager on results day. Going by previous accounts, this might be a once in a lifetime event.
They might have second thoughts but I'm guessing they won't. Good luck to them and the unfortunate social media manager on results day. Going by previous accounts, this might be a once in a lifetime event.

To think the highlight of results day, which is generally considered momentous in itself, shall be the caustic remarks and witty jests, and whatever else, on a live successfully lightens my mood.
To think the highlight of results day, which is generally considered momentous in itself, shall be the caustic remarks and witty jests, and whatever else, on a live successfully lightens my mood.

UCAs might have made results day a lot fun (for anyone else but the A-Level students)
I'll feel bad for everyone involved but Twitter is going to go crazy. Hopefully, a considerable amount of students get the results they earned.

You sound like you will enjoy the comeplete and utter madness that will occur. Hopefully, you do get the results you deserve too (if you are an A level student)
UCAs might have made results day a lot fun (for anyone else but the A-Level students)
I'll feel bad for everyone involved but Twitter is going to go crazy. Hopefully, a considerable amount of students get the results they earned.

You sound like you will enjoy the comeplete and utter madness that will occur. Hopefully, you do get the results you deserve too (if you are an A level student)

I am an A-Level student and I'm not so optimistic, but thank you for your hope. The madness is all I have to enjoy in the comin tragedy!

If everyone got the grade they deserved, what a magical and happy day that should be.
I am an A-Level student and I'm not so optimistic, but thank you for your hope. The madness is all I have to enjoy in the comin tragedy!

If everyone got the grade they deserved, what a magical and happy day that should be.

Keeping low expectations might help in that regard. I'm sure you'll get some good luck :smile: You're welcome. The situation isn't ideal for anyone but there might be some light in the darkness.

That would be a miracle but then again, UCAs would have to be a 100x more competent for that to happen :lol:
ucas is dropping it’s new mixtape called “you’re all failing, suckerz”
Keeping low expectations might help in that regard. I'm sure you'll get some good luck :smile: You're welcome. The situation isn't ideal for anyone but there might be some light in the darkness.

That would be a miracle but then again, UCAs would have to be a 100x more competent for that to happen :lol:

The pessimist is seldom disappointed: either pleasantly surprised or right. With all the hours I sacrificed to entertain my ambition, I'm rather glad I have the necessary faculties for pessimism.

I think the people with whom the issue lies is Ofqual, and I think worse of them than I do of UCAS... Much worse.
The pessimist is seldom disappointed: either pleasantly surprised or right. With all the hours I sacrificed to entertain my ambition, I'm rather glad I have the necessary faculties for pessimism.

I think the people with whom the issue lies is Ofqual, and I think worse of them than I do of UCAS... Much worse.

why is there such little faith in ofqual?

Well, think of it this way: my partner, ambition, whom I married with stars in my eyes, and I attempted to have a child, results, and we were successful in conceivin, but not delivery. Delivery started in May and ended in June, and I was ready. Then Her Majesty's government told me I had to abort my child.
(edited 3 years ago)

Pessimism isn't my cup of tea. Then again, even if i would be flirting with it, considering Ofqual's track record. I do get your point, everyone does need to be prepared for the worst as results day gets closer and closer.

I'm hoping the eventual backlash sees a lot of changes for the application process as we know it. I'll take a major reform or even replacing Ofqual with something more reliable.

Ofqual is known for messing up grades yearly. They are known for being incompetent and generally aren't seen favourably. This year might seal the deal though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending