The Student Room Group

past papers

I want to revise for mocks but I don't know what past papers to do...
Do I do past papers or past papers by topic?
should I do a level from 2015 or legacy past papers? - send a link would be nice AQA exam board
I end up spending most of my time doing past papers that has like 75 questions for 1 Topic and i lose concentration or do i do a bit of it?

how did you do past papers

Scroll to see replies

What subject is this
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
What subject is this

maths biology chemistry
Original post by Jshek
maths biology chemistry

For those subjects, definitely do past paper. I’m nit sure on biology and chemistry but my friends do 2 80 marks or more past paper every week. I do maths and yes you should do past papers but maybe go through the topic questions first. For all of them you can do from both legacy and 2015 but the ones from 2015 will be harder so I might leave those to last until you finish everything so you get used to the mark scheme at the end.
Original post by Jshek
I want to revise for mocks but I don't know what past papers to do...
Do I do past papers or past papers by topic?
should I do a level from 2015 or legacy past papers? - send a link would be nice AQA exam board
I end up spending most of my time doing past papers that has like 75 questions for 1 Topic and i lose concentration or do i do a bit of it?

how did you do past papers

do all of them, literally all. i did this for one of my mocks and i got 98.4% in chem
Reply 6
Original post by john87647
do all of them, literally all. i did this for one of my mocks and i got 98.4% in chem

Should i learn content first before doing it. I end up having a peak at the markscheme
Original post by Jshek
Should i learn content first before doing it. I end up having a peak at the markscheme

im currently in AS going into 13, but all i do is just do the question like 5 each then mark it, i never use to do past papers because i thought i was naturally smart but this isnt the case for a level unfortunately, learn all the content, then do the questions, for chemistry ive done all of the papers, ive recently started edexcel ones too
im currently in AS going into 13, but all i do is just do the question like 5 each then mark it, i never use to do past papers because i thought i was naturally smart but this isnt the case for a level unfortunately, learn all the content, then do the questions, for chemistry ive done all of the papers, ive recently started edexcel ones too

sadly one time during this year i got a D in chemistry, i thought i knew the content, all i did was textbook revision so my teacher gave me the option to retake the test and all i ever did was past papers and got A in the end
Reply 9
sadly one time during this year i got a D in chemistry, i thought i knew the content, all i did was textbook revision so my teacher gave me the option to retake the test and all i ever did was past papers and got A in the end

Ok thanks for the tip..... I got 4 As in my in class test and they predicted me a B. I need AAB but got ABBB. What are your predicted. I got C for the first test lol
Original post by Jshek
Ok thanks for the tip..... I got 4 As in my in class test and they predicted me a B. I need AAB but got ABBB. What are your predicted. I got C for the first test lol

due to corona we havent even took our AS test yet, we are taking it next month. But my predicted is likely to be AAA
due to corona we havent even took our AS test yet, we are taking it next month. But my predicted is likely to be AAA

maths, chem bio
Reply 12
maths, chem bio

What course ya doing
Original post by Jshek
What course ya doing

ocr a sciences, edexcel math
Reply 14
ocr a sciences, edexcel math

I meant for uni :wink:
medicine hopefully, what about you
Reply 16
medicine hopefully, what about you

Might do biomedical science... Not good for medicine.... What did u get in your gcse
Original post by Jshek
Might do biomedical science... Not good for medicine.... What did u get in your gcse

i thought i wasnt too but its worth a shot, biomed is my second option, and not that good mostly A´s, my school was dreadful i wish i did more gcse past papers, what did you get?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
i thought i wasnt too but its worth a shot, biomed is my second option, and not that good mostly A´s, my school was dreadful i wish i did more gcse past papers

Same I got all As.....8777777distinction3.... but I have got no work experience like nothing at all so I'm basically screwed in this covid thing
Original post by Jshek
Same I got all As.....8777777distinction3.... but I have got no work experience like nothing at all so I'm basically screwed in this covid thing

i dont too, i have only little experience but it was more of a passive thing, im sure itll be fine, my ukcat is the only thing worrying me, ill have to book the test next month, hopefully all goes well. if i did gcse again id get all 9´s, my tactics were horrible, never did any questions etc
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest