The Student Room Group

I got rejected after a provisional offer

Hi. I'm really confused and worried right now because I got rejected after a provisional offer.

2 Ddays ago, I was given provisinal offer through phonecall and advised to apply through UCAS until thursday in order to secure my place.

I applied immediately, but today I got a mail of rejection.

I do have every recording of phonecall.

I have rejected every other offers just because I was holding a provisional offer, and my mind is totally blank now.

Please help!
Call them first thing in the morning, explains the situation and give the name of the person who gave you the offer and ask specifically why they rejected you.
Original post by sencho
Hi. I'm really confused and worried right now because I got rejected after a provisional offer.

2 Ddays ago, I was given provisinal offer through phonecall and advised to apply through UCAS until thursday in order to secure my place.

I applied immediately, but today I got a mail of rejection.

I do have every recording of phonecall.

I have rejected every other offers just because I was holding a provisional offer, and my mind is totally blank now.

Please help!

You got a verbal offer which they then withdrew when they saw your UCAS form.

It sounds like you did not meet one of their entry criteria or do you think you met all their requirements in terms of academic grades and english language requirements too?

You need to know why they rejected you so I would call them back today to find out the reason.
Reply 3
Original post by harrysbar
You got a verbal offer which they then withdrew when they saw your UCAS form.

It sounds like you did not meet one of their entry criteria or do you think you met all their requirements in terms of academic grades and english language requirements too?

You need to know why they rejected you so I would call them back today to find out the reason.

Thank you guys so much for the advise.

I wrote an email and they said they were confused and mistakenly rejected an offer.

They said if I apply again, I'd be in :biggrin:
Original post by sencho
Thank you guys so much for the advise.

I wrote an email and they said they were confused and mistakenly rejected an offer.

They said if I apply again, I'd be in :biggrin:

Wow, that's great news :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending