The Student Room Group

Feel like a failure

Results day is coming up and idk if I got the grades I need to really for the course I want. I applied last year and got rejected from everywhere. All my friends are going to uni and I’m going to be stuck at home, I’m not sure if I’m going to apply again this year or wait until next year. I want to wait until next year but that means taking two years out and I have nothing to do in those two years. I’m trying to get a part time job but I can’t even get a job at McDonald’s. I just feel useless and like I’m destined to have a ****ed up life. I don’t think I’ll ever get into uni, I can’t even get a job....I’m just scared. I don’t have a good relationship with my parents at home but don’t have any other family to stay with. I’m trying to get a job so I can leave home but I can’t get one. I don’t want to spend two years stuck at home, I hate it. Idk what to do. I just feel so useless. It feels like everything is just slowly closing in on me and Im running out of time, I feel a complete failure. Didn’t get into uni can’t get a job, is gonna be stuck at home for 2 years. Idk what to do anymore
Original post by Anonymous
Results day is coming up and idk if I got the grades I need to really for the course I want. I applied last year and got rejected from everywhere. All my friends are going to uni and I’m going to be stuck at home, I’m not sure if I’m going to apply again this year or wait until next year. I want to wait until next year but that means taking two years out and I have nothing to do in those two years. I’m trying to get a part time job but I can’t even get a job at McDonald’s. I just feel useless and like I’m destined to have a ****ed up life. I don’t think I’ll ever get into uni, I can’t even get a job....I’m just scared. I don’t have a good relationship with my parents at home but don’t have any other family to stay with. I’m trying to get a job so I can leave home but I can’t get one. I don’t want to spend two years stuck at home, I hate it. Idk what to do. I just feel so useless. It feels like everything is just slowly closing in on me and Im running out of time, I feel a complete failure. Didn’t get into uni can’t get a job, is gonna be stuck at home for 2 years. Idk what to do anymore

I'm sorry you're in this situation.
If you truly believe you can't get the grades needed, do everything you can to do so next time! Have courage, set some goals and achieve them, only you can put that work in for yourself :smile:
In terms of mental health, are there close friends you can vent to? Are there hobbies you enjoy, or communities you're involved with?
I'm sorry if my words don't seem like much.
I have my days and the best way I deal with these feelings is to do something I enjoy to clear my head.
Reply 2
Original post by ZT.t_AE20lia
I'm sorry you're in this situation.
If you truly believe you can't get the grades needed, do everything you can to do so next time! Have courage, set some goals and achieve them, only you can put that work in for yourself :smile:
In terms of mental health, are there close friends you can vent to? Are there hobbies you enjoy, or communities you're involved with?
I'm sorry if my words don't seem like much.
I have my days and the best way I deal with these feelings is to do something I enjoy to clear my head.

I haven’t seen my friends because of lockdown. And they’re all going off to uni next year so I’m going to be lonely, can only text them or call. They’re going to busy and I’m going to be doing nothing. I aiming to take exams in footbed if I don’t get the grades but even if I take them and get the grades, I’d still feel like a failure for not getting in the first time. I’d still be stuck in a home that I hate. Even if I went out and did things I enjoyed etc, I’d still have to come home and I hate it. I don’t have anywhere else to go. All I want is to get my grades, get a job and move out. Stand on my own two feet. But it all seems much harder than it should be. Thank you for replying though, I think I’m just in a negative headspace and it’s getting me down.
Reply 3
I haven’t seen my friends because of lockdown. And they’re all going off to uni next year so I’m going to be lonely, can only text them or call. They’re going to busy and I’m going to be doing nothing. I aiming to take exams in footbed if I don’t get the grades but even if I take them and get the grades, I’d still feel like a failure for not getting in the first time. I’d still be stuck in a home that I hate. Even if I went out and did things I enjoyed etc, I’d still have to come home and I hate it. I don’t have anywhere else to go. All I want is to get my grades, get a job and move out. Stand on my own two feet. But it all seems much harder than it should be. Thank you for replying though, I think I’m just in a negative headspace and it’s getting me down.

October I meant not footbed

I can understand those feelings. That's alright, if you ever feel alone you can private message me.
Reply 5
Original post by ZT.t_AE20lia
I can understand those feelings. That's alright, if you ever feel alone you can private message me.

Quick Reply

Latest