The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Is KCL’s nursing hard to get in?

Hi! I’m an international student and I’m interested in going to KCL for uni. But since the media/rankings make KCL look like it’s impossible to get in, is it *really* hard? Any advice will be appreciated thanks!
Many UK nursing courses don't accept international applications as there is no way to find clinical placements for them within the NHS. You need to check with KCL directly whether they will accept your application.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I think KCL accepts international applications since there’s also international med students who also need clinical placements(?) But thanks for the heads up!
Reply 3
Original post by lhannahhn
Hi! I’m an international student and I’m interested in going to KCL for uni. But since the media/rankings make KCL look like it’s impossible to get in, is it *really* hard? Any advice will be appreciated thanks!

Hi. KCL is a great university for nursing and I have mentored quite a few students from there when working in KCH. But to be honest, it is super expensive to get into as an international student and you better off do your BSc in your home country and then come to the UK to work.
Reply 4
Original post by rg.nurse
Hi. KCL is a great university for nursing and I have mentored quite a few students from there when working in KCH. But to be honest, it is super expensive to get into as an international student and you better off do your BSc in your home country and then come to the UK to work.

Hi! Thanks for the advice! But about how much is it to get in KCL nursing? Thanks a lot!
Reply 5
Hi! Thanks for the advice! But about how much is it to get in KCL nursing? Thanks a lot!

Instead of me going to the website and check I think you should do that yourself because it varies depending on your circumstances. For international students is more than 10K a year. I did my undergrad for 4y in Portugal and only paid 900€ a year.
Reply 6
Instead of me going to the website and check I think you should do that yourself because it varies depending on your circumstances. For international students is more than 10K a year. I did my undergrad for 4y in Portugal and only paid 900€ a year.

I checked before and it said £9250(?) for uk/eu students so if I go study there I should be paying about 10k instead of £9250(?)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
I checked before and it said £9250(?) for uk/eu students so if I go study there I should be paying about 10k instead of £9250(?)

You will be paying the 9250,wheb I said 10K I was just given an estimate. 10k a year outside of the UK is crazy.
A9BD4ADA-2EAC-4F0A-88D7-5A04FEA72ECE.pngThe international tuition fee for nursing at KCL is Around £30k pa
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
A9BD4ADA-2EAC-4F0A-88D7-5A04FEA72ECE.pngThe international tuition fee for nursing at KCL is Around £30k pa

Wait so the international tuition fee is for international students who are going to study in the uk(?) Thanks
Reply 10
You will be paying the 9250,wheb I said 10K I was just given an estimate. 10k a year outside of the UK is crazy.

But the 9250 is only for the uk/eu students and I’m not from the uk/eu:/ So I shouldn’t be paying the 9250🤦🏻*♀️🤦🏻*♀️(??)
(edited 3 years ago)
But the 9250 is only for the uk/eu students and I’m not from the uk/eu:/ So I shouldn’t be paying the 9250🤦🏻*♀️(??)

If you aren’t from the UK/EU then you would pay £30k each year in fees.
Reply 12
Original post by PQ
If you aren’t from the UK/EU then you would pay £30k each year in fees.

Ahhh ok! Thanks a lot!

If the Nursing building door is locked and you can't get in, you have a few options:-

1) Knock on the door hard, or ring the bell;
2) Call the main switchboard
3) Speak to security on site

It shouldn't be THAT hard to get into Nursing at KCL.

Did you get in ?

Quick Reply

Latest