The Student Room Group

SME and NVU

I am a mature student and will like to know if anyone has experience of studying from UK online for medicine while suppose to be in Europe. SME said NVU in Georgia has affiliation that medical student can study while living in UK and has hospital placements in UK instead of going to Georgia. Anyone with a better experience or information pls because I have family in UK and does not want to spend 5-6 years away from them.
Thanks
Original post by Myuniversity1
I am a mature student and will like to know if anyone has experience of studying from UK online for medicine while suppose to be in Europe. SME said NVU in Georgia has affiliation that medical student can study while living in UK and has hospital placements in UK instead of going to Georgia. Anyone with a better experience or information pls because I have family in UK and does not want to spend 5-6 years away from them.
Thanks

Hi ! I took my final decision today and I will start medicine, New Vision in Georgia. That's right medical student can study while living in UK and has hospital placements in UK instead of going to Georgia. My family has friends that their daughters are currently studying there through SME, now they are in the UK . And they are helping them to find jobs in the UK as a junior doctors. So, I have decided to go there and increase my chances of finding work in the UK. I also have family in here and I don't have problem to be far away from them for some years but for sure I want come back to the UK.
Thanks for the reply but my question is as a new student based on what I was told that I can do the first two years online in the UK without going to Georgia and 6 months in Georgia then the hospital placement I can do in UK hospital which is the last 2-3years. This is different from working as a junior doctor because it is after graduation u can be a junior doctor for a year or two in UK which applies to anyone who studies medicine from anywhere. I have issue leaving my family for more than 6 months so just want to be 100% sure before commencing.
Original post by Allen0101
Hi ! I took my final decision today and I will start medicine, New Vision in Georgia. That's right medical student can study while living in UK and has hospital placements in UK instead of going to Georgia. My family has friends that their daughters are currently studying there through SME, now they are in the UK . And they are helping them to find jobs in the UK as a junior doctors. So, I have decided to go there and increase my chances of finding work in the UK. I also have family in here and I don't have problem to be far away from them for some years but for sure I want come back to the UK.

Hi, good luck with your decision.
Have your friends submitted their transcripts to gmc for approval yet? Has it been approved by GMC?
Reply 4
Hi how did it goI am in a similar situation
Original post by Myuniversity1
Thanks for the reply but my question is as a new student based on what I was told that I can do the first two years online in the UK without going to Georgia and 6 months in Georgia then the hospital placement I can do in UK hospital which is the last 2-3years. This is different from working as a junior doctor because it is after graduation u can be a junior doctor for a year or two in UK which applies to anyone who studies medicine from anywhere. I have issue leaving my family for more than 6 months so just want to be 100% sure before commencing.

No finals have to be on campus. Lots of studenets here of many backgrounds, some of whom cant speak English and God knows how they will cope. Univesrity run by family so anything goes. Rules are made and changed in seconds. Try elsewhere. GMC please keep an eye out. Poor qaulity teaching laced with lots of sugar coating!

Quick Reply

Latest