The Student Room Group

Predict your A level grades!

What subjects to you take and what grades do you think you'll recieve on results day?

For me
English :B
History :A
Sport: Pass/ Merit

Scroll to see replies

Philosophy- A
Maths - B (could be A bit doubt it)
Chemistry- B (again, could be A bit doubt it)
Original post by Anonymous17!
Philosophy- A
Maths - B (could be A bit doubt it)
Chemistry- B (again, could be A bit doubt it)

Good luck!
Original post by ReusCrispies
Good luck!

Thanks, you too! I don’t have any offers for this year but want to apply to medicine so I need AAA...hoping I just managed to scrape AAA but most likely will get ABB so October exams here I come...most likely :lol:
Thanks, you too! I don’t have any offers for this year but want to apply to medicine so I need AAA...hoping I just managed to scrape AAA but most likely will get ABB so October exams here I come...most likely :lol:

Did you apply for universities this year or you planning to apply after results day or October exams. Anyway, I hope you do what's best for you!
Did you apply for universities this year or you planning to apply after results day or October exams. Anyway, I hope you do what's best for you!

I applied for medicine last October and got rejected pre-interview from everywhere. For medicine you have to apply by Oct 15th and exams are in October so a lot of people who want to do medicine are confused about how to apply this year so I’m not sure what I’ll do. I’d rather apply to medicine with the necessary grades but it means I’ll miss the deadline if I take the exams first. So I’ll have to take a double gap year. Wouldn’t be too bad if I had something to do but I don’t. I’m trying to find a job and get some work experience but alas, Covid and the fact that I have only 9 months retail experience means I’ve had no luck on either part :/ but thanks, I’m discussing next steps with my teacher on results day so I’ll decide what I’m doing then
Hello I reset my a levels so I only have two results next week I reckon I’ll probably end up with;
Biology- C
Chemistry - B
Overall pretty good I probably would’ve ended out with two B’s if i sat the exams
Thanks! :hugs:
So I've guessed my rank order based and made a rough guess at the number of As or A*s that will be given based on the data I could find. I didn't have my rank for most tests unfortunately but I have rough idea. ( High Top 5 ). Grade boundaries fluctuated so I think rank order is the most important thing to look at here. I'm really just hoping there is good number of A*s should be fine for As.

Physics
13 Students 1/2 A*s , 3As
GCSE:
Mocks :
- Y12A A Predicted B ( Rank High )
- Y12B D Predicted B ( Rank Mid)
- Y12C A Predicted A ( Rank 1st )
- Y13A B Predicted B ( Rank 3rd )
UCAS Predicted:
- A*
Topic Test (Over 20 tests) :
- Y12 AVG C ( Rank High )
- Y13 AVG A (1 Rank 1st, Most Rank High)
Expecting
- A*/A
- Rank 2nd/3rd

Chem
30 students 2A*s , 6As
GCSE:
Mocks:
- Y12A B1 Predicted B ( Rank High )
- Y12B D1 Predicted C ( Rank Low )
- Y12C A Predicted A ( Rank 2nd )
- Y13A A Predicted A ( Rank 3rd )
Topic Tests:
- B A A
UCAS Predicted :
- A
Expecting:
- A
- Rank 4th

Maths
40 students 3A*s , 15As
GCSE Grade:
Mocks:
- Y12A B Predicted C ( Rank Mid )
- Y12B A* Predicted A ( Rank High )
- Y13A A* Predicted A* ( Rank 2nd )
UCAS Predicted:
- A*
Expecting
- A*
- Rank 2nd

Com Sci
Too small to apply data
GCSE:
UCAS Predicted:
- B
Expecting:
- A/B
- Rank 2nd
Original post by blackugo
So I've guessed my rank order based and made a rough guess at the number of As or A*s that will be given based on the data I could find. I didn't have my rank for most tests unfortunately but I have rough idea. ( High Top 5 ). Grade boundaries fluctuated so I think rank order is the most important thing to look at here. I'm really just hoping there is good number of A*s should be fine for As.

Physics
GCSE:
Mocks :
UCAS Predicted:
- A*
Expecting
- A*/A
- Rank 2nd/3rd

Chem
30 students 2A*s , 6As
GCSE:
Mocks:
Topic Tests:
- B A A
UCAS Predicted :
- A
Expecting:
- A
- Rank 4th

Maths
40 students 3A*s , 15As
GCSE Grade:
Mocks:
UCAS Predicted:
- A*
Expecting
- A*
- Rank 2nd

Com Sci
Too small to apply data
GCSE:
UCAS Predicted:
- B
Expecting:
- A/B
- Rank 2nd

Damn. The only rank I’m confident about is philosophy which is rank 1. My other subjects I reckon I’m ranked middle to low...

Physics
GCSE:
Mocks :
UCAS Predicted:
- A*
Expecting
- A*/A
- Rank 2nd/3rd

Chem
30 students 2A*s , 6As
GCSE:
Mocks:
Topic Tests:
- B A A
UCAS Predicted :
- A
Expecting:
- A
- Rank 4th

Maths
40 students 3A*s , 15As
GCSE Grade:
Mocks:
UCAS Predicted:
- A*
Expecting
- A*
- Rank 2nd

Com Sci
Too small to apply data
GCSE:
UCAS Predicted:
- B
Expecting:
- A/B
- Rank 2nd

Physics
GCSE:
Mocks :
UCAS Predicted:
- A*
Expecting
- A*/A
- Rank 2nd/3rd

Chem
30 students 2A*s , 6As
GCSE:
Mocks:
Topic Tests:
- B A A
UCAS Predicted :
- A
Expecting:
- A
- Rank 4th

Maths
40 students 3A*s , 15As
GCSE Grade:
Mocks:
UCAS Predicted:
- A*
Expecting
- A*
- Rank 2nd

Com Sci
Too small to apply data
GCSE:
UCAS Predicted:
- B
Expecting:
- A/B
- Rank 2nd

Very in depth, but I don't think you're far off. Hopefully you get the grades you deserve!
Yes Ik I did a lot of analysis.
Very in depth, but I don't think you're far off. Hopefully you get the grades you deserve!

Thankyou and good luck😊.

Damn. The only rank I’m confident about is philosophy which is rank 1. My other subjects I reckon I’m ranked middle to low...

It's good that you can be confident with at least 1 subject. Is your school quite a high achieving one. Mine is pretty much bang average.
(edited 3 years ago)
It's good that you can be confident with at least 1 subject. Is your school quite a high achieving one. Mine is pretty much bang average.

My school is barely above average. The average grades for the past 3 years have been:
2019: C+
2018: B-
2017: C-
And about 10% of students achieve AAB or higher. We’re the best sixth form provider in our area but since most sixth forms in our area are below average and low performing, were really only the best because were better than the others.
My school is barely above average. The average grades for the past 3 years have been:
2019: C
2018: B-
2017: C-
And about 10% of students achieve AAB or higher. We’re the best sixth form provider in our area but since most sixth forms in our area are below average and low performing, were really only the best because were better than the others.

I have pretty much the same story mine has been C-, C, C and 16% AAB. And ours is the best in the area🤣

The rank order will probably be the most important thing. Do you have any data on your schools exam performance in previous years? It could be better in certain subjects. I know that in maths 45% get A/A* and 66% >=B and 90% >= C. Where as the school average is 26% A/A*. So being mid in maths would get you an A or B quite likely.
(edited 3 years ago)
I have pretty much the same story mine has been C-, C, C and 16% AAB. And ours is the best in the area🤣

The rank order will probably be the most important thing. Do you have any data on your schools exam performance in previous years? It could be better in certain subjects. I know that in maths 45% get A/A* and 66% >=B and 90% >= C. Where as the school average is 26% A/A*. So being mid in maths would get you an A or B quite likely.

I haven’t been able to find any of that information. My school is a stand alone sixth form and we’ve been open since 2014 so we’re still quite new tbh and were also rather small (about 200 students across both year 13 and year 12) so i don’t know if exam specific data would be published. Where would I find it as it isn’t on our official website?
(edited 3 years ago)
I haven’t been able to find any of that information. My school is a stand alone sixth form and we’ve been open since 2014 so we’re still quite new tbh and were also rather small (about 200 students across both year 13 and year 12) so i don’t know if exam specific data would be published. Where would I find it as it isn’t on our official website?

Same problem here, not sure where I can find those relevant data 😭

I struggled to find anything as well. I just stumlbed across a file on the website for people applying for maths A level from 2017. I don't have anything accurate for the other subjects or any other years. I've requested it but I think I'll be waiting a long time. Some 6th forms ( Not surprisingly the better ones) have them on their websites though.
Same problem here, not sure where I can find those relevant data 😭

I'm pretty sure you can request it under the freedom of information act 2000. I'm trying to get mjne
I'm pretty sure you can request it under the freedom of information act 2000. I'm trying to get mjne

I don’t think they’d be any point in requesting it from them given results day is only a week away. Might as well just wait and see

Quick Reply

Latest