The Student Room Group

She's 12 he's 19

Caught my cousin on a chat room talking to a 19 year old he was asking for nudes I mean she's only 12 I told her mum and my cousin yelled at me and called me a ***** and now won't talk to me any help appreciated here?
What has her mum done about it?
This seems like something you should also take to police, or rather maybe her mother should go to the police.
This is paedophilic behaviour. A 19 year old wanting nudes from a 12 year old? Wtf?? Was she honest about her age online?
You/mum need to have an open non-confrontational discussion with her, otherwise she will get upset and defensive and arguments will break out. Check if she has other accounts on other platforms.
Reply 2
Original post by itscourtchicks
What has her mum done about it?
This seems like something you should also take to police, or rather maybe her mother should go to the police.
This is paedophilic behaviour. A 19 year old wanting nudes from a 12 year old? Wtf?? Was she honest about her age online?
You/mum need to have an open non-confrontational discussion with her, otherwise she will get upset and defensive and arguments will break out. Check if she has other accounts on other platforms.

Her mum grounded her for being on the chat room but nothing else
Reply 3
The specific account needs reporting to the platform provider, and see if there are any other chat rooms your cousin's using. Ask her mum if she needs help as not all parents are tech-savvy and know what to look for.

If your cousin will listen, there are various ways to explain it. You can tell them how it's against the law, how anything that's on the Internet is always out there, how what is posted could be found and affect them in future for jobs.

I often use the analogy on here of asking someone if they would walk from their house to their local.town centre on a busy Saturday morning wearing just their underwear, because that's what they are doing sending nudes; anyone can see them.
Original post by Anonymous
Her mum grounded her for being on the chat room but nothing else

Grounding her is not answer in my opinion. She’s 12 and this punishment will not instil positive reinforcement and educate her on internet safety. Truthfully she’s a child who doesn’t know any better. Is there a teacher at her school in child protection that you/mother can talk to, who maybe has much better resources for internet safety? She needs educated on this in a positive open way that shows her the dangers of the internet, otherwise this is likely to happen again.
Has she been active on the account recently? Are there any other accounts?
I think the 19 year old needs investigating by police. He is soliciting graphic images of a minor. Yes, I mean child pörnography.
You should contact your local law enforcements as soon as before it escalates further the rabbit hole

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending