14 inches

Operating system preference
Windows

Minimum amount of RAM
Not sure

Minimum storage requirement
Not sure. A lot.

Weight limit
Don't mind. Needs to be easily portable.

Used for playing games?
No

If yes, what games?

Touchscreen needed?
Don't mind

Are there any specific ports you need?

What devices do you have currently?
Dell Desktop, HP Stream, MacBook Pro 2008?, Samsung Galaxy A50

Laptops researched:
Laptop 1 -

Laptop 2 -

Laptop 3 -

Additional Comments:
lf you would like a touch screen so you can take digital notes I recommend getting a refurbished surface pro for about £400 or an i5 surface go. These will go well with Onenote and an android phone. You will have to get the type cover separately which is more £££. They are quite light.

If you are one of those heathens that likes writing on paper consider a HP pavilion or a Leneovo idea pad which are around the £400 price range. You're doing 4 essays subjects that is a lot of paper. I personally couldn't hack it. Life is soooo much easier with one note.

Are looking to get insurance?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by blackugo
lf you would like a touch screen so you can take digital notes I recommend getting a refurbished surface pro for about £400 or an i5 surface go. These will go well with Onenote and an android phone. You will have to get the type cover separately which is more £££. They are quite light.

If you are one of those heathens that likes writing on paper consider a HP pavilion or a Leneovo idea pad which are around the £400 price range. You're doing 4 essays subjects that is a lot of paper. I personally couldn't hack it. Life is soooo much easier with one note.

Are looking to get insurance?

I do all of my work on a laptop - from exams to lessons, so I need something that could cope with that. Also, maybe? It depends on what is covered on house insurance etc.
Original post by summerhaze
I do all of my work on a laptop - from exams to lessons, so I need something that could cope with that. Also, maybe? It depends on what is covered on house insurance etc.

Do you type it all?
Reply 4
Do you type it all?

Yes, but this year I might have to annotate a lot more and it's very difficult for me to do it by hand.
Original post by summerhaze
Yes, but this year I might have to annotate a lot more and it's very difficult for me to do it by hand.

I've just seen that you use photoshop. What do you use it for? If you want to use photoshop you probably don't want to go for the i3 machines and a decent amount of ram >4GB. Otherwise you're looking at a painful experience I would agree with bluewolf21's Asus recommendation.
Reply 6
I've just seen that you use photoshop. What do you use it for? If you want to use photoshop you probably don't want to go for the i3 machines and a decent amount of ram >4GB. Otherwise you're looking at a painful experience I would agree with bluewolf21's Asus recommendation.

I do photography as a hobby, yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending